Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM

110 posts, read 992,859 times

Advertisements

I had an inguinal hernia repair five years ago, open with mesh. About 2-3 weeks ago I started having a sensation of "pressure" from that repair area. I know that scar tissue around the mesh can cause pain from time to time, but does anyone know if irritated scar tissue can cause a feeling of "pressure"? (Please don't tell me to see a doctor, I already know this, I'm just trying to see if anyone else out there has information about this). Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,839,646 times
Thirty yrs ago had my first hernia repair. 10 yrs later had the other side done with a mesh across the top so to speak. What you feel is what I felt after some heavy lifting on my job (self employed) at the time. I was lifting 250 lb car engines a few inches off the ground and after a while felt the pain. My DR said that I'd pulled the edges and maybe tore a little but the pain would eventually go away and it would heal itself...just had to watch myself after that.

Even today at my senior age still do something stupid and feel a little pain below the belly button. Once the damage is done a person has to remember they could reinjure themselves very easily.

Steve

Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Thirty yrs ago had my first hernia repair. 10 yrs later had the other side done with a mesh across the top so to speak. What you feel is what I felt after some heavy lifting on my job (self employed) at the time. I was lifting 250 lb car engines a few inches off the ground and after a while felt the pain. My DR said that I'd pulled the edges and maybe tore a little but the pain would eventually go away and it would heal itself...just had to watch myself after that.

Even today at my senior age still do something stupid and feel a little pain below the belly button. Once the damage is done a person has to remember they could reinjure themselves very easily.

Steve
Interesting. Did you feel pressure or pain? I'm feeling pressure. How long did it take for your pain to go away after that?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,839,646 times
I would best describe the mesh as being stronger then NEW (original) as what the Surgeon told me. He did both of my Hernias. The mesh is in a location that needs a little flexability for a better term.

It is possible you have a TIGHT area and some movement may pull giving a feeling of pressure or tightness is my guess (i'm not a DR)...only based upon my personal situation and work ethics being in the auto engine rebuilding business.

If you were to read up a little on Hernias and how they work in the male body...a picture is worth a 1000 words. My DR had a small video at the time and it explained the Hernia problems and how the repair would be made etc. My first experience was stepping out of the shower and feeling a pop/pain that I pressed back inside. It would occasionally pop out and be painfull a few times before I talked to my DR who in turn referred me to the Surgeon.

Relax and don't strain yourself and you should be okay.

Steve

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I would best describe the mesh as being stronger then NEW (original) as what the Surgeon told me. He did both of my Hernias. The mesh is in a location that needs a little flexability for a better term.

It is possible you have a TIGHT area and some movement may pull giving a feeling of pressure or tightness is my guess (i'm not a DR)...only based upon my personal situation and work ethics being in the auto engine rebuilding business.

If you were to read up a little on Hernias and how they work in the male body...a picture is worth a 1000 words. My DR had a small video at the time and it explained the Hernia problems and how the repair would be made etc. My first experience was stepping out of the shower and feeling a pop/pain that I pressed back inside. It would occasionally pop out and be painfull a few times before I talked to my DR who in turn referred me to the Surgeon.

Relax and don't strain yourself and you should be okay.

Steve
Yeah I hope it's just temporary. I get kind of freaked out when I go on message boards for hernia's and there are people on there talking about their 3 or 4th hernia repairs. It started after a 3 month layoff from working out when I got back into it and did some sets on a leg press macihne. I think only time will tell at this point. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:48 PM

506 posts, read 646,526 times
Do you need hernia repair if there is no pain or feeling that something is "different?" My husband was told last week he has a large ventral or incisional hernia ; you can't see a lump or bump but he HAS been lifting heavy things like 3 porcelain toilets and a small lawnmower.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 59,668 times
Default lumps on nut sack

I had a hernia surgery in 1996,recently i started feeling lumps on my sack.
anyone else felt or feels this?

Old 07-28-2013, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 55,917 times
I had my hernia repair a number of years ago and waited a full year before working out to let the mesh completely set. Every once in a while I get nasty pain that feels like my testicles are in a vice grip. I take for granted that its the scar tissue that is causing the pain.
I think it acts up whenever I do an exercise causes too much inter abdominal pressure in combination with being too fat at the time.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 107,635 times
3 weeks ago I had surgery to repair my inguinal hernia. The last 3-4 days I've had no pain. Today i was pushing a grocery cart out to my car and felt a slight twinge. I have a little pain but not much. However the gassy "bubbly" sensation I had before my surgery is back. I'm hoping I didn't reinjure it I can't imagine I would have done that much damage but the "bubbly" sensation scares me. Anyone have this happen to them?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 107,635 times
One other thing, did any of you have any problems with a straining of you're calf muscles after the surgery? My left calf is very sore I'm guessing because I favored my right side(Where the hernia was) for about 6 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness