Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:58 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, OK, that IS the best, but it probably comes with side effects...
Yeah, I had to take HRT for a while but at least I went through menopause early and got it done.

Heh, which reminds me of how cheeky my son was when he was a teen. One of the first things he asked me at the hospital, after being assured that I was fine, was if he could have an increase in his allowance since I wouldn't have to buy tampons or the Pill anymore! I told him no because I'd still have to pay for HRT, unless he wanted to live with a wild, angry, erratic woman. That shut him up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
One of the first things he asked me at the hospital, after being assured that I was fine, was if he could have an increase in his allowance since I wouldn't have to buy tampons or the Pill anymore!
Savvy little rascal!

Quote:
I told him no because I'd still have to pay for HRT, unless he wanted to live with a wild, angry, erratic woman. That shut him up!
Ha-ha, he must've seen some samples of that to be so scared...

Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,255 times
I missed #12 but did pretty good for someone who has never had to worry about birth control in her life

Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I missed 10, 12 and 21.
It has been 29 years since I've used anything but condoms.
The only thing I remember about the pill and cancer is that it can increase the risk of some cancer. Q#12. I dont know of anyone who was put on the pill without a pelvic exam even if it was not for BC.
I dont know squat about the DP shot but I have spoke to two younger women who believe it has made them unable to conceive.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont know of anyone who was put on the pill without a pelvic exam even if it was not for BC.
What's funny is that I had a conversation with my daughter's doctor about this yesterday, before the quiz was posted. This daughter is disabled, and we're considering giving her the Depo shot, not for contraceptive purposes but to suppress her problematic cycles. She doesn't need a pelvic. He said that most doctors don't recommend that virgins gets pelvics anyway until they are at least 18.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Sorry but I don't agree with the answers. BC has been linked to cancer for one. And to take a break from a pill is a good idea. To not take one at all is the best idea. Also the false info about women not being able to get pregnant 2 months off the pill...everyone has problems for the most part getting preggers after taking the pill. IUDs can be felt when they slip out of place. So that is also wrong. Negative effects from depo can last the whole life. So that is also wrong. And you can get pregnant without having sex if semen gets around you area.

It really sounds like a campaign to sell medicine.....

Old 03-10-2010, 01:24 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
The FDA will be happy to know that their mandated Accutane birth control knowledge is still strong in this one. 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness