Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:25 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,668,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
The article you posted does not support your assertion.

It DOES state these concerns do express [which is widely known]
It DOES state that, thus far, there is no data to support the assertions that cell phone radiation causes tumors or cancer.
It DOES present ways of lowering your exposure to RF radiation.

I am NOT saying that the concerns are invalid but there are many causes of cancer in our society, but if there is a smoking gun in that article, I cannot find it.
Folk's like you puzzle me. It seems that you'd rather tear down what you can't add to.

Wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,356,788 times
Tighwad wins the aluminum foil hat award for today.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,546,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Folk's like you puzzle me. It seems that you'd rather tear down what you can't add to.

Wonder why?
Did you ever read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? It might be a good one for you. So might "Chicken Little"

--------

If you want to make a point you should go to the effort of finding credible material to support it. You started the thread. The problem I have with people championing a cause and bumbling it is that the cause may actually be valid but people become so used to hearing the rhetoric that when the real data comes in, their ears are deaf.

I have repeatedly acknowledged there may be health issues associated with the things. The jury seems still "out" though. It is not "tearing down" to point out unsubstantiated claims. Truth is truth.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-22-2010 at 02:02 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,668,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Tighwad wins the aluminum foil hat award for today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Did you ever read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? It might be a good one for you. So might "Chicken Little"

--------

If you want to make a point you should go to the effort of finding credible material to support it. You started the thread. The problem I have with people championing a cause and bumbling it is that the cause may actually be valid but people become so used to hearing the rhetoric that when the real data comes in, their ears are deaf.

I have repeatedly acknowledged there may be health issues associated with the things. The jury seems still "out" though. It is not "tearing down" to point out unsubstantiated claims. Truth is truth.
Ok here ya go........
Last Call? | Popular Science

Fact or Fiction?: Cell Phones Can Cause Brain Cancer: Scientific American

Since Cell phones are fairly new to humans the damage data they may cause is just now being gathered and , for the most part, is not good.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,045,940 times
ewg.com has some very interesting information about cellphone radiation and it also lists phones by their level of radiation. IMHO ewg.com seems like a credible source.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,515,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
<> the radiation from the phone is cooking brain cells. Don't believe me? Then watch how popcorn gets popped with a cell phone.
Dailymotion - Pop Corn téléphone portable micro-ondes - une vidéo Actu et Politique
The video you posted was a commercial for a bluetooth headset. As for cancer:
Cellular Telephone Use and Cancer Risk - National Cancer Institute
concludes there is no danger but more research is needed. Of course scientists think more research is needed; that is how they make their living. Sheesh.
What is more likely is that using the phone while walking or driving will result in serious injury due to your distraction.
Like the alleged link between mercury and vaccines and autism, this one will never go away. What about the dangers of saccharine??

Last edited by Crashj007; 03-23-2010 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: add use comment

Old 03-23-2010, 04:38 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,419,402 times
Ugh. I wish people would educate themselves more. EVERY DAY you have EM Radiation going through your body. EVERY. DAY. Visible light is EM Radiation...stronger than Microwave radiation, of which Cell Phones, Radars, Wifi, etc. use the lowest end of the spectrum (near radio waves), and microwave ovens use the highest end (near far infrared).

Radiation is simply the transfer of energy through waves/space.

What gives people cancer is direct exposure to ultrashortwaves or ultra high frequency waves (same thing). These are Ultraviolet rays (requires a long period of excessive exposure), X Rays (requires a shorter period of exposure, which is why you get protection when you get X Rayed by your doctor/dentist), Gamma Rays (one-time exposure can lead to severe health effects and sometimes death...these are the products of nuclear fission), and Cosmic/High energy Gamma Rays (can kill you on the spot).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness