Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 PM

745 posts, read 1,647,611 times

Advertisements

Candy, I would personally reccomend that you take careful note of what you have eaten prior to these "attacks".
I have had this problem for almost 10 years now. Mine started out with a massive dose of MSG in one of those frozen Oriental dinners, and then cascaded to include almost everything. I now react to anything with the words "amino, chloride, sulph..., Phos..... I also react anything that is fermented (releases Glutamate).
I did Laser Acupuncture for "Food Allergies". All that did was move the reaction time form 1 hour to 12 hours.
If you are reacting to glutamate in your food, you need to know that this is NOT and allergy.
It is a reaction a NEUROTOXIN. The only way you will get any relief is to avoid what is causing the problem.
I believe I said a lot about this on another page of this thread, but you weren't paying attention. Sadly there is absolutely Nothing you doctor can do. He may not even recognize it for what it is. Most of them do not. They do not know how to think "outside the box" of their education and the general (misinformed) concensus.
Go to: MSG: a neurotoxic flavor enhancer Look it over very carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,705,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrycandy View Post
I might just do this today. It comes in waves and lately it has been worse. What are your thoughts on these symptoms 9 out of 12 months. Is it possible to have allergies (symptoms) for this long? Would you personally recommend seeing an allergist or a NP? I've about had it with western medicine.

I live in WNC by-the-way.

Would love for the OP to update us.

As a kid I didn't have any allergies, so it took me awhile to figure out what was causing the symptoms (I gave up gluten, avoided msg, artificial sweeteners, etc.). Then by chance I described the symptoms to my doctor's PA who was filling in for him. She immediately suggested Claritin-d and Ive been on it ever since. I have to take it 12 months a year or the symptoms come right back (even if Im only a few hours late). This started after a move from NYC to South Florida.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 AM

17,329 posts, read 16,456,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
I started having these weird episodes in late 2006. I get faint, dizzy, disoriented, numb on one side, usually my left. My surroundings get "big" meaning I feel like I'm shrinking. I stare off and have trouble collecting thoughts. Then, I start stuttering badly....so badly that I physically strain to get words out. My extremities get reall "heavy" to where I can't lift my arms and can barely walk.

First time it happened, a battery of test were run, including CT, MRI, lumbar puncture. Everything came back normal. After the 3rd episode, I saw a neuro and again and he suspected MS. Instead he referred me to and ENT because of a mass in my sinuses. I do have chronic sinus infections. We never found the root cause of my "episodes".

I had another one just the other day....I knew it was coming because I got a sense of deja vu. My speech was arrested for almost 24 hours this time and I had a sensational headache. I'm going to see my PCP to get a referral to a neuro. I'm hesitant because no dr. has found anything, but I KNOW there's something causing this.

Anyone ever have anything similiar or know anyone that has? I never know when they're coming, until moments before.
Maybe low blood pressure? Some people will have normal BP while seated but when they stand their BP falls too low. That can make them feel woozy, unsteady, weak, etc.

Do the episodes occur at particular times of the month?

Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 AM

467 posts, read 1,188,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Candy, I would personally reccomend that you take careful note of what you have eaten prior to these "attacks".
I have had this problem for almost 10 years now. Mine started out with a massive dose of MSG in one of those frozen Oriental dinners, and then cascaded to include almost everything. I now react to anything with the words "amino, chloride, sulph..., Phos..... I also react anything that is fermented (releases Glutamate).
I did Laser Acupuncture for "Food Allergies". All that did was move the reaction time form 1 hour to 12 hours.
If you are reacting to glutamate in your food, you need to know that this is NOT and allergy.
It is a reaction a NEUROTOXIN. The only way you will get any relief is to avoid what is causing the problem.
I believe I said a lot about this on another page of this thread, but you weren't paying attention. Sadly there is absolutely Nothing you doctor can do. He may not even recognize it for what it is. Most of them do not. They do not know how to think "outside the box" of their education and the general (misinformed) concensus.
Go to: MSG: a neurotoxic flavor enhancer Look it over very carefully.
I cannot help but wonder what your personal affiliation is with this website... as your pretty adamant about diagnosing me with this.

I follow a gluten-free diet, don't eat processed foods, drink or smoke by-the-way. But you probably already know this, right?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 AM

235 posts, read 355,727 times
Sounds a lot like dysautonomia to me.

Dysautonomia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-03-2010, 06:22 PM

745 posts, read 1,647,611 times
Candy, So you are gluten-free and don't eat processed foods (they are high in MSG).
And that is good. However, IF you happen to be Glutamte sensitive you may react to the Glutamate that is in Fresh fruits and veggies, as it is used on everything and has been for over a year...even Organics.

The only thing I am adamant about is informing people that they not longer have a choice of eating "Clean" food. Your problems may not be such a mystery if you look a little closer at what you are eating. And/or are exposed to in your environment.

Are you familiar with the Canaries? These are folks with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. Visit their site. The Canary Report

Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,305,981 times
Did you ever get an MRA or a CT angiogram of the head/neck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness