Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,432 times

Advertisements

With all major surgery there are risks. And with some surgeries, like those where a limb or organ is amputated, there are predictable consequences. For example, when a person's legs are amputated they are no longer able to walk, so they lose the functions of their legs.

Another example is hysterectomy, which is surgical amputation and removal of the uterus. Women who experience uterine orgasm will not experience it without a uterus, so a woman's sexual pleasure is impaired or lost entirely.
During total hysterectomy (removal of uterus and cervix) the vagina is shortened, made into closed pocket, and sutured shut at the top of the vagina.
When the uterus is removed the incidence of heart disease is 3X greater, and when the ovaries are removed it’s 7X greater.
The average weight gain the first year after hysterectomy is 25 lbs the first year.

For more information go to hersfoundation dot org/anatomy and watch the short video about the functions of the female organs. Knowledge is power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 05:21 PM

253 posts, read 794,995 times
Will I be able to get my tubes tied then?

Old 04-02-2010, 11:18 PM

24 posts, read 84,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintleif View Post
Mintleif, do yourself a favor and don't let doctors start messing with you and cutting on you. When they tie your tubes, they cut off the circulation and many women end up with all kinds of problems leading to a hysterectomy. The parts in your body are there for a reason, to keep you healthy. When you start altering them, you also alter your health. Use condoms and spermicide and keep yourself safe. Let your friends, mother, sister and others know how unhealthy hysterectomy is because the doctors who want to cut on you won't tell you. Take care.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 PM

24 posts, read 84,973 times
One more thing, one of the risks of any kind of surgery is death. 500 women die a year from hysterectomy surgery, and most of the time the surgery is not necessary. People die from the most minor surgery. My Aunt got a tummy tuck and never woke up and she was in good health. Ask yourself if any surgery is worth your life?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:33 PM

253 posts, read 794,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne108 View Post
One more thing, one of the risks of any kind of surgery is death. 500 women die a year from hysterectomy surgery, and most of the time the surgery is not necessary. People die from the most minor surgery. My Aunt got a tummy tuck and never woke up and she was in good health. Ask yourself if any surgery is worth your life?

Maybe not my life but it just might be for my happiness.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM

139 posts, read 441,268 times
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out the best way to stop my period permanently. I've been thinking about getting a hysterectomy in a few years(I also don't want kids), depo shot, or taking pills. Does anyone know which one might have more pros than cons? Or know of another good way to get rid of it?
SEEK the services of a pediatrician. Unless you are a 16-year-old cocker spaniel female then a hysterectomy is not going to happen. Your body is still growing. Whatever drastic measures you take now will definitely affect your reproductive health down the line.

I had a hysterectomy at the ripe old age of 44 and it was great. Of course I had to have the surgery done or risk kidney failure and it worked out fine for me. HOWEVER, I still have to deal with the awful symptoms of premature menopause, the relatively fragile bones, the thinning hair, the heart problems and the anxiety that goes with it.

As women our bodies are very finely tuned. Please don't mess with Mother Nature before your time. You have all of your life to be a teenager and then a young woman why jump from age 16 to age 50 because having a hysterectomy is for women who NEED the surgery and trust me dealing with the inconvenience of having periods is NOTHING like dealing with the high risk of heart attack and other severe problems due to the decline of estrogen in your system.

PLEASE don't do anything drastic at your age. Unless you go to a doctor overseas and pay cash then you will find a quack to do whatever it is you ask as long as you give him the US dollars. Consult your parents and physician who may refer you to a child psychologist because I sense there are underlying issues to your wanting to lose a precious part of what makes you a woman.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:24 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
You are going to realize that all the older folks you share this with will try to *change your mind* because * you are young*. I really get annoyed at people imposing their views on others. I had to fight hurdles to get a vasectomy at 25. I wanted one since I was a teen like yourself but all the people I spoke to were all * oh you're too young to know whats good for you*. If you can't find anyone to perform a hysterectomy in the states...may want to look into Mexico once you turn 18.
A Vas is different then hysterectomy.
Men don't need the sperm to regulate anything. When you have a vas; all it does is make sex better because you don't have to worry about knocking up your GF.

A women needs all of her parts in order to live a normal life.
When you go and cut things out, it affects everything, internal body temperature, ability to sleep (bad insomnia); as others have mentioned, you may not enjoy having sex; you won't make natural lubricant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
The process is very expensive and you do need to pass a shrink's exam.
There are shows on the LOGO channel about female to male and male to female trans. Some can't afford to do more then the hormones.

I heard that Cher's daughter/son Chaz is being filmed while she's undergoing her transition. If s/he is, that would be a good story for the original poster to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
mirena IUD is a good choice.actually i think there is an even newer one out now with an even lower dose of progestin.
the iud thins out the lining,eventually causing most women to stop having a period at all,over time,and mirena is good for 5 yrs.if you want kids then it can be easily removed and fertility usually comes back quickly.
try mirena.com
This is what I wanted for birth control for my 17 year old; Dr told me that they normally don't like to give it to someone that hasn't had children because the cervix isn't open. She said it can be done though.

Quote:
You really need to get educated. Do you have a planned parenthood by you? Go for a visit and tell them you want some type of birth control that will take your period away. I think Yaz is one of the BC pills that do. There are options.

If you are really unhappy living as a female; you should find support for that too. Trans-gendered people do not have an easy life. Watch the shows I suggested above. You will need a lot of therapy before any Dr is going to start the change.

When the time comes to decide what to do; tubal ligation (tying your tubes) won't be necessary. There are other options that block the tubes - Essure and Adiana are hysteroscopic sterilization methods that block the fallopian tube

Essure's web site - No surgery, cutting or burning
The Essure inserts are passed through the body's natural pathways and inserted into the fallopian tubes.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,090 times
"You'd be miserable 24/7. It would be like having a permanent period!"
Hi Hopes, can you please explain what you mean by this? I thought menopause meant that a woman no longer had her periods. However there would be some side effects like increased chance of getting Osteoporosis, all of which can be remedied.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,480 times
Im 17 and got on depo to stop my period and have been bleeding non stop since. Its not that rare for that to happen in younger girls anymore, So id think twice about getting that.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,088 times
i want to stop my period permanently pls tell me a easy way for stop period .i hate period .and i dont want
kids ...............Now i am very irritate .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness