U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 PM

15,402 posts, read 17,035,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhoneypot View Post
what in the world is Epicor?

I was just wondering the same thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 PM

18,752 posts, read 20,615,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhoneypot View Post
what in the world is Epicor?
About EpiCor

The back story is that the discovery came about at Diamond V Mills in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Ag finds immune system 'teacher' | News | Feedstuffs FoodLink welfare,food inc.,climate,hsus,peta,eggs,humane,growth technology,prop 2,swine flu, animal agriculture

It was reported that one of the workers in the plant was a twin. He and his sister were both diagnosed with Retina Pigmentosa and were told they would go blind. His sister has since done so, but he hasn't.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM

18,752 posts, read 20,615,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Very seldom. I drink milk kefir every day which is also an immune system stimulant.

Thanks for the heads up about Epicor, Tek_Freek. Will include some of that in my next order from Swanson.
You can order it from Swanson? Didn't know.

This is the best pricing we've found so far.

Epicor 500 mg 150 caps by Healthy Origins

The price on the site is now less (again) than we paid this last winter. Every time we order it is cheaper. Yes!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 PM

1,407 posts, read 1,413,786 times
I haven't had a cold or flu in over seven years. I attribute my good fortune to three things: eating a proper diet, getting 8 hours of sleep a night, and regular cardio exercise.

Oh, and good genetics....I was from a family who almost NEVER got sick.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:26 PM

14,812 posts, read 7,336,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
You can order it from Swanson? Didn't know.

This is the best pricing we've found so far.

Epicor 500 mg 150 caps by Healthy Origins

The price on the site is now less (again) than we paid this last winter. Every time we order it is cheaper. Yes!
$9/30 caps at Swanson. Close to the same price.

Swanson Vitamins Offers EpiCor for Immune Health - Swanson Health Products

Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 PM

4,538 posts, read 5,338,843 times
I have not had any sickness, indigestion, headache, gastrointestinal discomfort, etc in over twenty years. The last time I got sick was back in the 80's when I used to travel a lot for work, and frequently got a nagging cold type illness after traveling on a commercial plane. I also got a similar malady after a trip to the local "United Nations" DMV when a man in a tribal dress in front of me in a line turned around and coughed in my face. Both the airplane and DMV-istan exposures resulted in in a nagging cold like illness that seemed to get almost cured and then came roaring back 6-8 times It finally went away.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,049,730 times
good or bad year...
i might only get bed ridden sick every 18 months or so....
and thats only for a 24 hour period....
i'm on no meds, whatsoever...
except cold beers, once in a while...
a little exercise and some good eats....
works wonders.....

Old 04-16-2010, 05:30 PM

5,180 posts, read 8,414,618 times
Other than the Fibromyalgia which isn't "sick" just pain - I haven't had a cold or flu in years and years and years. I have allergies and occasionally get stuffy, up until maybe 7-8 yrs. ago I used to get sinus infections pretty regularly but I've been good since (knock on wood

Old 04-16-2010, 06:02 PM

677 posts, read 846,480 times
Per year, I get anywhere from 4-6 ear infections, 3-5 sinus infections, 2-3 cases of strep throat, and several colds. The infections usually build upon each other. Last year I had a double ear infection and sinus infection simluatenously. That was hell. This crap has been going on since I was a kid. My immune system is shot. I'm working on eating better and hoping that will help, because my body seems to be falling apart as of late.

I had the flu last month, pretty sure I caught it from someone at work. Before that, I hadn't had the flu in quite a number of years.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM

33,553 posts, read 5,996,802 times
I'm very fortunate in that I rarely get sick. Last time I had a cold was over 4 years ago, and that one was mild. Only had the flu once in my life, more than 10 years ago. Had the usual childhood diseases during elementary school years. That's about it. I know how blessed I am. Good genetics, plus I try to eat right and I take a multi vimamin plus some extra vitamin C every day. I think it also helps a lot that, especially during flu season, I wash my hands a bazillion times a day. (Ha - Now that I've said I haven't had a cold in several years, I'll probably get one next week. Hope not!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness