Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 PM

345 posts, read 1,637,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Doctors may be the 3rd leading cause of death (according to the sensationalist article people love to read), but people who don't take care of themselves are most definitely the major leading cause of death.

If for every mistake you made in your life (i.e. forgetting to pay a bill, getting a parking ticket, putting down 2009 instead of 2010 on the check you are writing) somebody could potentially die... then you might understand the responsibility that doctors have to shoulder every second that they are working. You could make a small and petty mistake but it could still end in death. When that happens, doctors are devastated as well.

For each patient there are probably 1,000 mistakes a hospital could potentially make during their stay. The more complex the case, the more mistakes. If I get away with making a few that did not kill the person, I would be lucky. It has nothing to do with selfishness, although at the 30th hour of being awake on call, sleeplessness can definitely play a role.

Maybe people should just take better care of themselves so they can avoid the hospital and doctors.

NO EXCUSES !

At $30.00 per aspirin I DEMAND perfection.

I am VERY healthy but if I get hit by some idiot because they were driving and texting and I end up in the hospital I want the staff to be flawless in their administration of my care. I shouldn't leave the hospital sicker than I was when I got there because some nurse is "having problems at home" or a doctor that needs to get some sleep.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,129,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
NO EXCUSES !

At $30.00 per aspirin I DEMAND perfection.

I am VERY healthy but if I get hit by some idiot because they were driving and texting and I end up in the hospital I want the staff to be flawless in their administration of my care. I shouldn't leave the hospital sicker than I was when I got there because some nurse is "having problems at home" or a doctor that needs to get some sleep.
Are you kidding or being serious? I can never tell on the net.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness