U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:00 PM

56 posts, read 285,498 times

Advertisements

Since being with my boyfriend (over 3 years now) I have gained a good 40lbs. I used to be about 130 now 170. He is slightly overweight and his bad eating habits have rubbed off!!! Its not just him thats made me gain all the weight but also factors like I dont swim for hours a day like I used to, drive everywhere, taking birth control, and snack alll day long. But I always try to make it the gym atleast a couple times a week and Im usually pretty good plus Im always out for atleast 30-60 minutes a day walking our dog. but I drive a lot every day so once I get home from work I dont want to go back out and have to drive somewhere even though the gym is about a 10 minute drive away.
I always tell him, no eating out unless its a 'special' occassion and not to order out or buy reallu unhealthy things. Im definitely not perfect and sometimes randomly say 'lets go out & get some food'.

I really want to start losing this weight but find that I have no motivation at all and dont know why. Ill even be sitting on the couch watching tv and thinking to myself 'hmm maybe i should go take scarlett (our dog) out for a nice walk or atleast do some cleaning to get myself moving' but then i just feel tired and decide not to!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,076,884 times
Don't beat yourself up too much.. that just adds to the depression. Look around and find something that will entertain you while at the same time, is good excersise. I've gained weight since I retired 5 years ago. Not good! To most, I'm not overweight, but I can tell I'm on the road "Not a good outcome" if I carry on the way I am. I LOVE to cook. That's a problem!
I'm also the type of person that gets bored very easily when it comes to things like walking on a treadmill and regular workout stuff. My husband and I recently added playing tennis/racquetball up against the side of a building and it's SO much fun, I actually look forward to "working out" every night!

Look around, find some fun stuff to do and se if that doesn't give you a little "Umpf" to working out!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,770,222 times
Join our daily exercise thread. We really help motivate each other. It helps. For example, I really didn't feel likeheading to the gym this morning, but I didn't want to admit that I just wimped out to my thread pals.

Here's a tip that might help you - I workout first thing in the morning so I don't get into that nasty "I just got home from work and I don't want to go out again" habit.

Good luck.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:34 PM

179 posts, read 708,459 times
The workout thread is great for motivation. It's a fun group! Even if you only exercise a little, once you start posting your routine, you'll see your motivation improve. Good luck!

Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM

56 posts, read 285,498 times
Yeah ive looked in the thread and I should join in on it. Thanks guys

I would workout the in morning but I have to get up at 5:30 everyday and can barely do that hah! If im lucky I can remember to bring a change of clothes so I can go to the gym right after work but I almost always forget to grab them before I head out the door

Old 01-04-2009, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,961 times
i need help like a few others i have gained weight since being with my boyfriend at the start of last year.. i really lack motivation i always want to do something about my weight and being nineteen i should have the energy of a new puppy but i dont.. i work all week and feel i have no energy.. does anyone have any motivation tips that actually work ive tried the whole put an old pic of when you are skinny up on the fridge lol thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness