Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:21 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa m k View Post
I had the iud put in after my daughter and had it in for 4 years without a problem. I then had it taken out to have my now 1 year old son,I recently had gotten another put in and have has it in for 5 months.I missed my period my boobs have been sore and have been peeing constantly,went to the dr to see if it was in place and it was I asked if it was possible that I was pregnant and she said very unlikely.yea turns out I am! Took 4 tests all positive. So now I have to see what the dr has to say this time.so my opinion is do not get it! Bad decision
The fact that you got pregnant so quickly after the insertion suggests that it was not in proper position. Have you had an ultrasound to see where the device is? Can you still feel the thread? You have been checking the thread, haven't you?

It sounds as if you are happy with the pregnancy. If the thread is still visible, the device should be removed to decrease the risk of miscarriage and infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,168 times
I would not recommend the Mirena I got it placed june 23,2011 six weeks after having my 3rd baby and now i have to have it removed surgically because its in my stomach. I had really bad sharp pains in my sides and i asked a friend that i knew who also has the mirena was this normal and she said yeah youll have those sharp pains for a while but theyll go away soon. Well they got worse and it was because it poked a hole in my cervix and traveled to my stomach so no more Mirena for me.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBe24 View Post
I would not recommend the Mirena I got it placed june 23,2011 six weeks after having my 3rd baby and now i have to have it removed surgically because its in my stomach. I had really bad sharp pains in my sides and i asked a friend that i knew who also has the mirena was this normal and she said yeah youll have those sharp pains for a while but theyll go away soon. Well they got worse and it was because it poked a hole in my cervix and traveled to my stomach so no more Mirena for me.
The problem you have is a complication of the insertion, not the fault of the IUD. It likely occurred because the uterus had not completely shrunk after the birth of your baby.

And it had to go through the wall of the uterus in order to get inside the abdomen (which is what I presume you mean by "stomach.") If it had gone through the cervix, it would be in the vagina.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:12 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Default Irregular periods after removal?

Irregular periods after removal?

Does anyone have problems with spotting after removal? I'm reading it could take 6 months for the Mirena hormones to leave your body before your own kick back in.

My friend is 32; had her Mirena removed January 19th. She had 1 normal period in February; then had her period about 10 days late; then 2 weeks later had spotting & is spotting again a week after the spotting stopped.

Neg pregnancy test

How long did it take for periods to return to normal?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 PM

See my post in the other thread.

It is best not to assume that the problem is related to the Mirena. It may be hormonal, but there are other diagnoses to consider, including infections.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:51 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,771 times
I've just discovered this thread and need to go back and read through it. However, I don't have time to read all 9 pages now and have a question. My apologies if it's been talked about (please refer me to where if it was).

I got Mirena on Friday and have been having issues off and on with pinching/pain. It's not constant and I was actually fine from last night til a little while ago, with not feeling ANYTHING.

I know I need to call the doctor tomorrow to check it out, but has anyone had this? I've read that could mean it has shifted out of place.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,376 times
I love my Mirena!!!!!!!!

At first I thought it was a dud as I could feel it during my period, I even went back and got it checked as I thought it had moved. It probably took a good 6 months for me to get used to it, or for my body to stop reacting to it (I'm a bit of a princess).
My period pain is now focused in my back and has been since I got it inserted (about 5 years ago) but now I barely get a period so it's easy to ignore. I've taken the pill before so this is the first time in decades I've had a "natural" cycle - another thing I love about it.

Now - I save a fortune on sanitary products (liners only), have a period that lasts a day or two, hardly any pain, and a natural cycle as well as bc.

It's a winner and I'm so glad I persisted with it.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
If my iud was out of place would there be pain or discomfort?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescious2012 View Post
If my iud was out of place would there be pain or discomfort?
They don't usually get out of place.

I thought mine was and went back to get it checked but it was only my body getting used to it...it took quite a while.

You can check it yourself, you should be able to feel the ends poking out. If you can't, go and get it checked.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM

806 posts, read 2,341,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I've just discovered this thread and need to go back and read through it. However, I don't have time to read all 9 pages now and have a question. My apologies if it's been talked about (please refer me to where if it was).

I got Mirena on Friday and have been having issues off and on with pinching/pain. It's not constant and I was actually fine from last night til a little while ago, with not feeling ANYTHING.

I know I need to call the doctor tomorrow to check it out, but has anyone had this? I've read that could mean it has shifted out of place.
Yes, get it checked. That sounds like it has slipped.

I love my Mirena also!!
It has started to come out, the GYN said. She tried to push it back up but it wouldn't budge. It doesn't hurt me at all. It's not a problem yet, but if I felt pain, I would want it replaced..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness