Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM

12 posts, read 67,732 times

Advertisements

I have read that George Washington had sex with female slaves and might have had children with slaves. The same goes for other US presidents. I have heard over the years that many slave owners raped female slaves. Is this true or did many female slaves in American history want to have sex with the owners?
I ask this because today most women are attracted to men with money and power so it would make sense that these women back in early American history would think the same.
Most American blacks don't don't look completely African. This means that there must have been alot of black and white relations at some time in our countries past. What is the true story to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 05:29 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,952,037 times
I think it was probably a lot of both...I know for a fact that many black women willingly had sex with their slave masters...and of course many more were raped. (often as minors)

Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,312,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I think it was probably a lot of both...I know for a fact that many black women willingly had sex with their slave masters...and of course many more were raped. (often as minors)
What source do you have for your claim that many black women willingly had sex with their master?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
What source do you have for your claim that many black women willingly had sex with their master?
google and such

Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
google and such
Ahh, just as I thought. You don't really have a source. I doubt that slaves chose to sleep with their masters. They might have done it out of fear or to protect their children, but I seriously doubt it was something they did out of love for their masters. Imagine being owned like a dog is owned. You are told who to sleep with for the purpose of breeding stong stock. Your children can be sold, and you will never see them again. You are not allowed to learn to read in case you use this knowledge to escape or instill rebellion in other slaves. Slavery was reprehensible, and there is no way to make it appear otherwise. I do think that many slaves were raped by their masters. Also, if you were a slave and your master wanted to sleep with you, how could you refuse? You couldn't. That is what being a slave meant. You were owned.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Ahh...just as you wanted to believe..

Many slaves were raped..and many were willing participants in sexual escapades.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:34 PM

[quote=solytaire;14601550]Ahh...just as you wanted to believe..

Many slaves were raped..and many were willing participants in sexual escapades.[/quote

Wanted to believe what? Also, don't make claims that you can't substantiate.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 PM

44,942 posts, read 59,929,483 times
Most historians discount Washington fathering any children with slaves. The proof? He and Martha had no children although she had a couple in her first marriage. She was therefore fertile. Washington may not have been, he was actually pretty unhealthy: smallpox, malaria, bad teeth, etc. Note the link's infertility reference.

Presidential Diseases - Diseases of the Presidents of the United States

The Milwaukee Journal - Google News Archive Search

Old 06-13-2010, 07:41 PM

I didnt make any claims I cant substantiate...I substantiated the claims I made, and its up to you to accept it or reject it...clearly you rejected it...thats your decision, but at least I did substantiate it.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I didnt make any claims I cant substantiate...I substantiated the claims I made, and its up to you to accept it or reject it...clearly you rejected it...thats your decision, but at least I did substantiate it.
google and such...that is not proof of anything or a legitimate source. If you substantiated your claim that slaves willingly participated in sexual escapdes with their masters, tell me how.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History