U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2011, 07:43 AM

13,000 posts, read 23,873,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
From the Minoans/Keftiu and the Mycenaeans; the Sea Peoples; the Pelasgians; the Carians and Ionian Hellenes and their interaction with the Nile cultures which also seems to coincide with the development of Hellene philosophy; the relationship between the Libyan Pentapolis (Cyrenaica) and the local tribes; the role of "native" Egyptians in the scientific and technological developments in Alexandria; looking into the origins of Cleopatra extend far beyond just Cleopatra.
Just a FYI from some of my past studies on the proto greeks is that the proto macedonians ''possibly'' are related to the ancient Colchis peoples located around the black sea area (ancient language studies) and so Cleo paternally may be able to trace her lineage back to the Caucasus region although i'll need to dig into that more in the coming weeks if that is of interest to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM

4,085 posts, read 2,429,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
Just a FYI from some of my past studies on the proto greeks is that the proto macedonians ''possibly'' are related to the ancient Colchis peoples located around the black sea area (ancient language studies) and so Cleo paternally may be able to trace her lineage back to the Caucasus region although i'll need to dig into that more in the coming weeks if that is of interest to you.
Of course I would be interested, I'll be looking forward to reading your theories and research contributions.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:42 AM

815 posts, read 817,502 times
Consider. Semitescaucasoid aren't the first in that area. the First settling was in a neolith on the other side - cro magnons Certainly. You can research Neanderthal men. Experience of reconstruction of a parent language shows likeness of "Indo-European" and other language families. For example: As we have already shown, the syllable - *va - is extremely spread on all continents in titles of the rivers. The rivers having the given syllable in the titles differ following characteristics: their sources are in mountains or on hills, they are frequently concluded in a narrow channel on the considerable stretch, are twisting and have thresholds, on them is a lot of stones. *va - it is undoubtedly necessary to continue research of a relic syllable, attracting the data of languages of other families, not used in given article. However even at this stage of operation we have clarified that the considered syllable widespread in gidronimus a pattern, is a part of the words designating either driving, or the river (or its coast), is combined with other ancient syllables which could be a part of protolanguage, in world place names, and, besides, in the places which titles contain the given syllable, archeologists derive the artifacts testifying to stay there of the person during an epoch of a paleolith and mesolit. All it allows us to consider a syllable - *va - a protolanguage syllable...
Should be are proved by means of archeology, anthropology... In other case Germans give titles to the Japanese rivers.
Be not mistaken.

Last edited by eloy; 11-12-2011 at 12:40 PM..

Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 AM

815 posts, read 817,502 times
Arrived in Egypt Ptolemej has seen numerous images of people
And now, after the lapse of almost two thousand years, concern its RIDICULOUS title .
It not "Aquarius". It not the man. She is the woman : Fatal thread of life . The full analog : East - Southern - European representation about a peace arrangement .
(A propagation place cromagnons)
http://www.organizmica.org/archive/307/image014.jpg
http://www.organizmica.org/archive/307/image018.jpg
http://www.organizmica.org/archive/307/image035.jpg

Old 11-17-2011, 12:29 PM

6,674 posts, read 10,530,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
While I admit there is a slight possiblity she could have had a small amount of "black" blood (since the exact identity of her mother is unknown) there is no question a majority of her blood was Macedonian Greek. She was born into a family of incest and inbreeding.

The story below in Essence magazine is quite ridiculous as well as ignorant.

How anyone can graduate college let alone high school and think Cleopatra was a "black queen" is unbelievable.

================================================== ================================================== ==============

""Gasp, the nerve! "She's got the perfect look?" Honestly, I don't care how full Angelina Jolie's lips are, how many African children she adopts, or how bronzed her skin will become for the film, I firmly believe this role should have gone to a Black woman. ""

"Why does Hollywood think it's even slightly plausible to cast White women in roles that would be more sensible to cast a Black actress for? Especially when that role is an African queen."

"Now, Jolie is set to play Cleopatra, who isn't as technically perfect as some would claim if you study the Queen of the Nile's distinguished history."

Commentary: Another White Actress to Play Cleopatra? - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/entertainment/hot_topics/commentary_angelina_jolie_to_play_cleopa.php?page= 29 - broken link)
I am not sure if this article has been posted but

link

link

part 1 < this one partly deals with cleopatra

part 2 < this one not so much but I added it because it goes with part 1

Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 PM

15 posts, read 30,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skihikeclimb View Post
Yes you stated that the most "Egyptian" looking person you saw in Egypt was a red head. Which is pure foolishness. That is like saying the most Swedish looking person has black hair, brown eyes, and dark skin. Red hair is not very common in the near east. Even modern day Greeks have rather dark hair, and the frequency of lighter hair is pretty uncommon (except for all the Greek women who dye their hair blonde).

You do find red heads in Persia, and India, Iraq, and even Egypt but its still very rare. Furthermore you stated that the ancient Egyptians were displaced by Arabs. Sorry but there is not very much genetic or historical evidence to back up your claim. Claiming ancient Egyptians had red hair, is just as silly as claiming that ancient Egyptians were completely black.

Ummmm,... they said redish-brown SKIN, like os many black people in the world, whos skin is dark brown to medium brown and reddish in color as well. THEIR SKIN NOT HAIR-part that covers body not head. hello. You are hilariously repeating the same misread mistake over and over again and not getting that you have MISREAD pretty much not only head/skin issue, but also the entire of the person's post. Go back, reread it more slowly and see if you are a little less peeved.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 5,898,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
While I admit there is a slight possiblity she could have had a small amount of "black" blood (since the exact identity of her mother is unknown) there is no question a majority of her blood was Macedonian Greek. She was born into a family of incest and inbreeding.

The story below in Essence magazine is quite ridiculous as well as ignorant.

How anyone can graduate college let alone high school and think Cleopatra was a "black queen" is unbelievable.

================================================== ================================================== ==============

""Gasp, the nerve! "She's got the perfect look?" Honestly, I don't care how full Angelina Jolie's lips are, how many African children she adopts, or how bronzed her skin will become for the film, I firmly believe this role should have gone to a Black woman. ""

"Why does Hollywood think it's even slightly plausible to cast White women in roles that would be more sensible to cast a Black actress for? Especially when that role is an African queen."

"Now, Jolie is set to play Cleopatra, who isn't as technically perfect as some would claim if you study the Queen of the Nile's distinguished history."

Commentary: Another White Actress to Play Cleopatra? - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/entertainment/hot_topics/commentary_angelina_jolie_to_play_cleopa.php?page= 29 - broken link)
She had "middle eastern" and "african blood' (Asian Non White Caucasian) that's what euro-asian are called right?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 AM

15,952 posts, read 12,127,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
She had "middle eastern" and "african blood' (Asian Non White Caucasian) that's what euro-asian are called right?
No she and her brother were the grandchildren of Ptolimies, One of Alexander the Greats Generals. When Alexander died the old man kept Egypt. The fact that they couold not even speak Egyptian is witnesssed by the Rosetta Stone, which was used to translate Egyptian and other languages to Greek.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:02 PM

5,818 posts, read 5,898,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No she and her brother were the grandchildren of Ptolimies, One of Alexander the Greats Generals. When Alexander died the old man kept Egypt. The fact that they couold not even speak Egyptian is witnesssed by the Rosetta Stone, which was used to translate Egyptian and other languages to Greek.
So the greeks conquered egypt and installed Cleopatra as Queen?Cleopatra mother was a Egyptian so she had middle eastern and african blood in her and Cleopatra got it from her mother side of the family.

Cleopatra VII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-21-2013, 01:17 AM

3 posts, read 1,168 times
Default It is MIND NUMBING HOW IGNORANT PEOPLE ARE!!!

I am what you call an 'Anatomically Correct' HISTORIAN. What does that mean? It means I strive for ACCURACY 'UBER ALLES'. So if I make people cry when I hurt their feelings--I SMILE W-I-D-E-L-Y! Its like when I play Monoply with a BAWLING 8 year old. As I take their last property and eject him from the game I smirk "Consider this a learning exercise, KID. When your Ex Wife's Attorney does this for REAL, you can save the REAL TEARS for him!!!

Let's talk about MOTHER AFRICA, shall we? Yesterday, I was on some 'P*SS-IGNERT Hood-Rat of a fool's web page where he was bemoaning the fact that 'Since the first man (hominid) was AFRICAN, that meant us '*****s' (his term, not mine) was in charge until the White Devils 'Stole it from us'!!! This fool actually had sixteen other 'FOOLS' (Foo's) shouting 'AMEN, Brotha!!!" Needless to say, I enjoyed ruining his day. AHEM:

1. The First HOMINID, Homo Habineous (sic) is presumed to have evolved, in Africa, from APES. So when you hear white people say 'BLACK PEOPLE EVOLVED FROM APES' they are 100% correct!!! [OK, so white people a-l-s-o evolved from apes---why ruin a good INSULT?!!!].
2. Homo Habineous had more fur than exposed skin, so you can't really call him a 'black man' any more that I would call an Orange Orangatang an Orange Monkey!!! Have I made you cry yet?!!!
3. Sometime during the MID Paleolithic (Old Stone Age) Period 200,000BC to 40,000BC, our HOMO relatives swished his little ass out of Africa and settled in Persia. Leaving Africa for the Middle East caused two things to happen---our brains/bodies evolved and socially we evolved.
4. This is where I SNEER at all the BIBLE THUMPERS out there. A famous 17th Century Dutch Mathematician took all the days in the bible from Adam & Eve until today's date and did some heavy duty numbers crunching. He sorted it all out and pronounced GOD MADE MAN 23OCT6000BC (man and the universe being...ahem...only 8,012 years old!!! What's the problem with this? 6,000BC is Neolithic Period (NEW STONE AGE). The ruins at Malta & Bulgaria are older than that and we can carbon-date it to within 100 years (+-2%), making GENISES absolute fairy tales!!!
5. The closer to Persia a people were, the faster they left Neolithic Period and jumped into MODERN History. Persia (8k BC), Greece (7K BC), India (5K BC) England & China (3K BC) Mezo-America (2K BC). Parts of Sub Sierra Africa didn't leave Upper Paeolithic Period until the 1890s and there are tribes in the Amazon/Anaman Islands who are STILL MID-UPPER Paeolithic Period. All the people on this planet are Homo Sapeons (sic) so the children of the most ASS BACKWARD Human on the planet can become the next NOBEL PRIZE LOREATE (sic) if you take them out of their current enviroment and put them in a modern one (sic). Skin colour doesn't equate mental ability although CULTURE may limit it.
6. As for CLEOPATRICA VII (the black woman played by Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burdon), she didn't have a D-R-O-P of Negro Blood in her. Why? She was Greek---a decendant of Alexander the Great's generals, the Ptolomies. No Black Queen for you...Boo,Hoo,Hoo!!! The Ptolomic Pharoes REFUSED to speak Egyptian and insisted on only writing and speaking Greek which is fortunate because such arrogance caused the Rosetta Stone to have been carved in three languages, one being GREEK allowing the translation of Egyptian Hyrogliphics (sic). Who says arrogance is a bad thing?!!!
7. What about all the Pharoes of Egypt? Weren't they all Brotha's as well? Can't the Black Man claim the Pyrimids as something "we *****'s built'? This is where I like calling myself an 'ANATOMICALLY CORRECT' Historian. S-O-M-E, not all, of Egypt's Pharoes WERE BLACKER THAN THE ACE OF SPADES!!! Why? They were SUDANESE/NUMIBIANS/SUB-Saharaian AFRICANS!!! I am not an Egyptologist so someone else needs to fill in the blanks but THERE WAS a period in Egyptian History where Numibians invaded EGYPT and ruled all of Egypt and its empire [the Children of Ham (&Eggs) of the 'made up' Old Testiment] for about 400 years (593 BC???). This was good for Egypt. Appearently, Egypt had forgotten his old ways and how to worship its old gods and the 'bush people' of Numibia kept up with it (being so isolated from Egypt, they never deviated from the old ways). When they TOOK OVER, it was the best thing that could have happened to Egypt.
8. The Numibians were in charge until they were overthrown.
9. You also have to understand things. During the colonization of Africa 1490-1975, anything not White & European was looked down upon. Egyptologists (1795-1895) were almost all white & European and they saw anything non white as being inferior/perverted. They even twisted historical fact to fit their evidence/hypothesises which is WRONG TO DO [People still do that today only its called POLITICAL CORRECTNESS]. Hannibal was not black, Jesus was not black, Cleopatria was not black---deal with it
10. If it makes you feel any better, If Shaka-Zulu's or Catchwyo's Zulu Impiis took on Ceasar's Roman Legions, they would have owned Europe!!! There are several explanations for this (Europe survived not because they were smarter but that they were INCREDIBLY LUCKY (two Arab Invasions, two Mongol invasions and a HUN invasion and they beat it all back). The Reason Sub-Saharian Africa never occupied Europe was 1.) It never transition into Neolithic Period until Europeans & Arab slavers brought modernization/colonization with them 2.) No Calvary/drafts animals (horse power) because of all the biological barriers (Titzi Fly, Malaria zones) between North Africa and Sub Sahara Africa!!!
11. I'm a History Major---I am not here to make you feel good; I am not here to make you feel bad---I am only here to speak accurately. Go find yourself a MODERN Hero if Hero Worship means that much to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History