Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:08 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,862,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneLondoner View Post
Like I said, we may know the truth by the year 2060.
You mean I'll have to wait until I'm just over 100 years old? I don't think I'll live that long! Guess I'll never know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM

91 posts, read 192,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Is it possible that united flight 93 was shot down by american jets in penna on 9/11 ? I think it may be possible but im not sure. Are you ? Biofeedback Meditations on United Flight 93
Wait a minute, steel7 your really this guy huh ?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,467,544 times
I think a heat seeking missile knocked off a wing, hence the dive. And the discovery of the wing about 1.5 miles away? But I'm rusty. Plus I don't know exactly what happened.

I don't trust government spin masters as far as I can throw them. I spent about five years studying black-ops. few can handle what I have to say. It takes a "ten gallon mind in a five gallon world".

Last edited by JohnHAdams; 12-29-2010 at 10:42 PM..

Old 12-29-2010, 11:08 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,435,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
And the discovery of the wing about 1.5 miles away?
Is this true? If so then that does raise eyebrows. I never heard this.

Now, is it possible th plane broke apart due to excessive maneuvers and the wing simply was shaken off on an out of envelope nose dive?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:09 AM

14,986 posts, read 23,763,163 times
Here we go again with the consipiracy theories. What idiot moderator transferred this to the history forum?
Conspiracy on this flight being shot down dismisses all the evidence on hand, more than any other of the wacky 911 consipiracy theories, for several reasons:
- Flight recorder data captured the attempted re-seizing of the cockpit by the passengers and the hijackers instructions to crash the plane.
- Various phone calles to passengers family (not one, but 3 that I know of) told them they were going to try to subdue the hijackers.
- The crash debris suggests only one scenario - a vertical dive (inverted actually) into the ground intact. THat is - a cratered sight with debris spread over a perimiter. A missle hit would leave physical evidence of course, and the crash could have been controlled, more spread out, not cratered.
- Finally, you leave out any motive for the government not admitting that they shot down the plane. The president and every military anaylst at the time already admitted that they would have freely given the command to shoot down a plane, passengers or not.

And, as with all the 911 consipiracy theories, the one fatal flaw that always gets ignored - to have a conspiracy of this magnitude would involve tens of thousands to be involved - thousands of first responders, hundreds of passenger families, survivors (to the WTC), various politicians, thousand of military military, hundreds of expert analysts that were at the scenes after the face, even Al Queda would have to cooperate. It would be mind-boogling. The government, any government, just ain't that efficient.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 AM

14,986 posts, read 23,763,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Is this true? If so then that does raise eyebrows. I never heard this.

Now, is it possible th plane broke apart due to excessive maneuvers and the wing simply was shaken off on an out of envelope nose dive?
No it is not true. Consiracy theorists typically retype the same incorrect information from website to website. A tiny fragment was found only, not an entire wing. Some light debris such as nylon was found 8 miles away. This is consistent with a nose dive of a large jet and the subsequent explosion. It left a crater 8 feet deep and some 50 feet wide, and witnesses decribed a massive mushroom cloud when it hit. Most of the large debris was within the immediate crash perimiter and was considerably fragmented (due to the violence of the impact).

When a poster comes in here and states "I spent 5 years studing black ops" I would suggest dismissing anything he has to say after that point.

Last edited by Dd714; 12-30-2010 at 07:42 AM..

Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,962,981 times
EVERYTHING....wreckage, impact crater, misc pieces found away from the impact site, etc. all adds up perfectly with the commonly held explanation of exactly what happened at Shanksville. Only misreported and distorted half truths muddy the waters.

There is no mystery surrounding what happened to Flight #93.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:07 AM

42,618 posts, read 86,592,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Here we go again with the consipiracy theories. What idiot moderator transferred this to the history forum?.

Can you give us an example of an historical topic about which no conspiracy theory would ever arise to challenge the conventional wisdom or the official version of the historical event? I'm sure the idiot moderator will happily take pains to limit discussion here to your list of historical events that are immune to controversy or alternative explanations.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 PM

Nothing like 9/11 to get agents all riled up and aggressive. Surprised that I don't see the usual rhetoric about martians, tin foil hats, lack of patriotism, living in moms basement, mental stability, income, education. "I was there", "I lost friends", disrespect to the dead, "no reputable blah, blah, blah". Or maybe I missed it?

Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No it is not true. Consiracy theorists typically retype the same incorrect information from website to website. A tiny fragment was found only, not an entire wing. Some light debris such as nylon was found 8 miles away. This is consistent with a nose dive of a large jet and the subsequent explosion. It left a crater 8 feet deep and some 50 feet wide, and witnesses decribed a massive mushroom cloud when it hit. Most of the large debris was within the immediate crash perimiter and was considerably fragmented (due to the violence of the impact).

When a poster comes in here and states "I spent 5 years studing black ops" I would suggest dismissing anything he has to say after that point.

You went out of your way to change the spelling of the original post (studying). Automatic loss of all credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History