Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,112,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
The Holocaust is part of a story--it is not "more than enough."
Are you denying the Holocaust?

Sig heil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Hitler and the Nazis were big on burning things they found culturally inappropriate, dangerous, or distasteful. Nice to see you are keeping the spirit alive.
Have you ever burned a Bible?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,708,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post

Sig heil.
It's siEg heil, or hail to victory.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,582,793 times
Quote:

Sig heil.
I could be wrong, but I got the impression he was simply stating that the Holocaust is merely one part of a much larger series of events and that it in and of itself does not encapsulate that entire period. Meaning, one cannot simply study the Holocaust and get an accurate history of the events of the time.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I could be wrong, but I got the impression he was simply stating that the Holocaust is merely one part of a much larger series of events and that it in and of itself does not encapsulate that entire period. Meaning, one cannot simply study the Holocaust and get an accurate history of the events of the time.
*big sigh*

Never mind.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:00 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,217,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
No, I got the same same impression. Somebody is just a little on the ignorant side and thinks the Holocaust is the only noteworthy event of WWII. Never mind the other fifty odd million people that lost their lives.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
Ah, Ha ha! Toga boy...

Poor little Adolf Schicklgruber was so picked on.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,352,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
If you are referring specifically to the paintings of Hitler's parents, they are not " Nazi paraphernalia". Hitler's parents were long dead before the NSDAP was formed, let alone when Hitler took power in 1933. Yes, there is a connection, but they are not actual Nazi items.
Not that I would want them hanging on my wall!
If somebody wants to own them that's their business. I'd find it a little creepy somebody would want to own them and pay that much money for them, however.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:12 AM

313 posts, read 284,297 times
Quote:
Nazi paraphernalia on the auction block, you say? It should all be destroyed, if you ask me, burned in a nice big roaring bonfire.
Do you also agree with burning other objects of infamous people in history such Stalin or Churchill?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,383,249 times
Personally I can see a museum wanting them but a private person wanting them would be a little creepy.
I am curious to know more about the couple that spawned such a man as Hitler, how could anyone not be. Anytime someone that evil comes along, we as a society should ask how did they come to be and look at their environment and wonder is it nature or nurture. What can you learn from a picture though. I should imagine in a museum though they would bring in a lot of attention.

If we ignore our history, we are doomed to repeat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History