Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:24 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times

Advertisements

Did the Japanese and Italians not take Hitler seriously - I mean concerning his racial policies? He was weeding out non-Aryans amongst his own people, separating those who had 'so much' non-Aryan genetics in them.

Didn't the Italians know that he would do the same to them, too, if he won the war. Wouldn't the Japanese believe he would turn on them, as well?

Why did the Italians and Japanese think siding with Hitler was a good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 07:44 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,608 times
Just my HO put I think they saw the power he had and commanded and wanted to be like him. I saw a documentary on Italy the other night about how most weathly jews supported mussolioni (spelling??) thinking he wouldnt turn on them until it was too late.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 PM

355 posts, read 1,189,925 times
I don't think that he would ever have touched Italians since he had a well ingrained cultural inferiority complex in relation with Italians. Not only that, he was just a bad disciple of Mussolini. He also respected Spanish, more so after their behaviour in the USSR. Had he won the war, he would have purged Jews from Italy.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:11 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Did the Japanese and Italians not take Hitler seriously - I mean concerning his racial policies? He was weeding out non-Aryans amongst his own people, separating those who had 'so much' non-Aryan genetics in them.

Didn't the Italians know that he would do the same to them, too, if he won the war. Wouldn't the Japanese believe he would turn on them, as well?

German racial theorists of the time saw Ayran racial characteristics in other European nations because they believed they sprang from the same Ayran roots as racially pure Germans! Evidence of this was seen in those nations power, wealth and technical advancement not only in current times but in the past. The Romans and Mycenean Greeks both were purported to have been invaders from the Eurasian Heartlend an hence Aryans. Both nations had Imperial Ages that saw them masters of the Western World. How could they have acomplished such feats unless they had Ayran traits. So Italians striving to restore the greatness of Rome were blood brothers. Apart from the Scandinavians other nations with Ayran blood were the British, the Dutch and some peoples under the domination of the subhuman Slavs.The Germans also thought Ayrans also migrated to Asian nations and felt that some Asian nations had Ayran blood and traits like the Japanese or uper caste Indians.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:33 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
Just my HO put I think they saw the power he had and commanded and wanted to be like him. I saw a documentary on Italy the other night about how most weathly jews supported mussolioni (spelling??) thinking he wouldnt turn on them until it was too late.
I don't know about the Italians, but the Japanese viewed anyone non-Japanese as less than dirt. It was okay to rape chinese to death or torture pow's because it was not them. The Japanese might see his agenda, but firmly believed that as Japanese they would overcome it. If in some way the Axis had won, Germany would have gone after Japan or visa versa in time, since both were xenophobic and certain they were the master race. They'd inevitably come to distrust each other no matter how good the arraingement.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post
I don't think that he would ever have touched Italians since he had a well ingrained cultural inferiority complex in relation with Italians. Not only that, he was just a bad disciple of Mussolini. He also respected Spanish, more so after their behaviour in the USSR. Had he won the war, he would have purged Jews from Italy.
I thought his dream was of a pure Aryan super race, ruling the world, killing off inferior races and only keeping a few of them to serve the 'lords'?

He rejected his own Germans who did not have the right gene mix. He killed Poles and only kept those who proved the most Aryan. He would have certainly done this to many Italians and God only knows what he thought about the Japanese. At least, there were parts of India, Tibet, who he thought might be pure.

He was serious about that racial stuff as being the great divider between his super men and the others whom he regarded as animals that should not be bred with.

Did the Italians and Japanese think that was only shtick, a ruse he was using to rally his people around to kind of goad them into war? It wasn't.

I kind of agree with you, Nightbird. I think the Japanese of the day were just as racist as Hitler and saw a possible path to their own world rulership through the alliance.

Last edited by goldengrain; 05-26-2012 at 04:07 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I don't know about the Italians, but the Japanese viewed anyone non-Japanese as less than dirt. It was okay to rape chinese to death or torture pow's because it was not them. The Japanese might see his agenda, but firmly believed that as Japanese they would overcome it. If in some way the Axis had won, Germany would have gone after Japan or visa versa in time, since both were xenophobic and certain they were the master race. They'd inevitably come to distrust each other no matter how good the arraingement.
Ill take your word for it. I like watching documentaries about WWII but would not say Im in any way an expert on it. I thought Japan only allied with Hiltler because it hated Russia. I know Japan and china hate each other and Japan wanted to control the whole pacific. Other than that I dont know if they would have went to war with Hitler had he won the war

Old 05-27-2012, 09:14 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,923,139 times
One thing many people ar not aware of was that Hitlers's mother was Jewish

Old 05-27-2012, 09:15 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,431 times
He also allied himself with Arabs. As well as Croatians,who are Slavic. Not to mention Hungarians and Romanians who were far from Aryan.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

It's a long way from Germany to Japan. How would he have any effect on Japan at all? Even if it had occurred to him to try, he'd have had a hard time beating the Japanese war machine, and he would have been at a great disadvantage, since his home base was a continent away. Unless he'd managed to take over Russia and set up air bases there.

This question doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Besides, lol, Hitler was a non-Aryan himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History