Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,766,800 times

Advertisements

^ I totally agree with Red Rage. It's a simplistic misconception that Hitler's master plan was to eradicate any 'non-Aryans' who weren't blonde haired or blue eyed. For a start, half of GERMANS have brown hair, so I don't know where this silly idea came from.

Hitler's main plan was to create a Third Reich that would hopefully last at least 1,000 years. It would dominate Europe, and 'free the people' under the Fatherland, from the yoke of what he saw as Jewish economic hegemony. The Slavs and other targets were a nuisance merely because they got in the way of his vision of a utopia with the 'master race', as did those with mental illness, homosexuals, gypsies.etc. The Reich needed 'Leibensraum' or living space, which would be most of Europe.

Hitler used both Italian and Japanese Imperialism to his advantage. Mussolini was a great ally, and I think Hitler might have at least tolerated him as a lower ranked 'ruler' of the southern provinces of the Reich. If Hitler had any plans to dispatch Italians we do not know of them.

The Nazis and Imperial Japan were actually the strongest allies. Each saw the other as mirrors of themselves: the Reich would rule Europe while the Japanese Empire would rule Asia. I don't think world rule was ever Hitler's goal, at least not at that stage. I don't think he really alludes to it in Mein Kampf although I haven't read more than a few chapters of that book. The Japanese had an equal sense of 'manifest destiny' and sense of superiority in Asia. They were two arms, without the other they would not be able to stand up against the might of the Western Allies, who they knew simply could not tolerate this. Japan's principle goal was to neutralize first China and then the European colonies in the Far East, which would help weaken the Allies resources in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 PM

14,985 posts, read 23,758,508 times
German race theories where kind of strange however. The nazi party believed in an aryan race connection between asians living in Tibet and Germans. They even sponsored a few expeditions to do studies.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 PM

4,370 posts, read 7,018,082 times
Adolf Eichmann they say knew the Hebrew language.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,294,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post
I don't think that he would ever have touched Italians since he had a well ingrained cultural inferiority complex in relation with Italians. Not only that, he was just a bad disciple of Mussolini. He also respected Spanish, more so after their behaviour in the USSR. Had he won the war, he would have purged Jews from Italy.
A bad disciple of Mussolini? Ingrained cultural inferiority complex in relation with italians? You make me laugh. Hitler had neither.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,766,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
German race theories where kind of strange however. The nazi party believed in an aryan race connection between asians living in Tibet and Germans. They even sponsored a few expeditions to do studies.
Lesson number one: race is never JUST about race.

Indeed, it seems pure racism - hatred for the mere physical appearance of a different race, is pretty rare. We usually need another reason to hate. Races just make it convenient to identify the 'baddies' just like any other group.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,900,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Indeed, it seems pure racism - hatred for the mere physical appearance of a different race, is pretty rare. We usually need another reason to hate. Races just make it convenient to identify the 'baddies' just like any other group.
I think Hitler had a prototype of some genetically superior being, whose destiny it was to rule the world. It was not all about being German. He believed that this superior 'Aryan person' had migrated around the globe, and he had expeditions traveling to find their descendants - Tibet was one of those places. He was trying to find ways to identify people carrying those genes and also to identify the inferior races. He realized that national boundaries were not identifiers as these Aryans had migrated. There are documentaries showing how he took various measurements of body parts, skill formations, etc, to try to weed out the 'good' from the 'bad'.

There is danger in denying what he was all about. We do not want history repeating itself, so the more we understand the better.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM

14,985 posts, read 23,758,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Of course (and I resist saying "thank you Captain Obvious"), and that's why the subject in this thread and forum is nazism, at it's core, not racism. The subject is his interpretation of race and racial superiority.
The lesson's not needed.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,708,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Did the Japanese and Italians not take Hitler seriously - I mean concerning his racial policies? He was weeding out non-Aryans amongst his own people, separating those who had 'so much' non-Aryan genetics in them.

Didn't the Italians know that he would do the same to them, too, if he won the war. Wouldn't the Japanese believe he would turn on them, as well?

Why did the Italians and Japanese think siding with Hitler was a good idea?
I think the "master race" thing was not as "front and center" as it is today when we think of Nazis. The Holocaust was a secret and even when Hitler started "moving in" on neighboring countries all the while spouting peaceful intentions, even the allies believed him. The axis alliance was formed in 1936, before most of the Nazi's dirty secrets became common knowledge.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:39 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,900,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I think the "master race" thing was not as "front and center" as it is today when we think of Nazis. The Holocaust was a secret and even when Hitler started "moving in" on neighboring countries all the while spouting peaceful intentions, even the allies believed him. The axis alliance was formed in 1936, before most of the Nazi's dirty secrets became common knowledge.
Yes, I can see how the knowledge of what was going on was kept from the public of the world, even Germans say they were shocked to learn, late in the war, that the rumors were true.

But there are also those who believed that the sterilization of the 'unfit' was started here, in the states, and the Nazis learned that from us. I think they would have done it anyway, frankly.

Now, women check out their fetus to find some possible birth defects and act independently of government.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:15 PM

305 posts, read 777,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's a long way from Germany to Japan. How would he have any effect on Japan at all? Even if it had occurred to him to try, he'd have had a hard time beating the Japanese war machine, and he would have been at a great disadvantage, since his home base was a continent away. Unless he'd managed to take over Russia and set up air bases there.

This question doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Besides, lol, Hitler was a non-Aryan himself!
of the 3 axis powers, italy is by far the weakest by a wide margin. germany could steamroll over italy if it wanted to. however, a german-japan confrontation would be up for grabs, imho. germany had better land forces, but japan had better naval ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History