U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 PM

10,222 posts, read 7,758,099 times

Advertisements

[quote=goldengrain;24948294]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
Yes. Desperate people do desperate things.
I think, initially, Hitler was saying things that much of the public were saying, anyway. There are always resentments and gossip and strange beliefs in a population. But these people were starving and needy and he offered them some hope and approval.

I think he became progressively degraded mentally as time went on. This is when, I think, people surrounding him started to wonder how to be rid of him. They had created a monster.

Wasn't he taking drugs for some condition?

At the end he was having astrologers making military decisions.

The term 'Aryan' I have heard, corresponds to early people who migrated and having a certain, same, root language.

Actually, why stop at the period in which we had Aryans? I mean, if you trace their ancestry, they originally came from Africa, no? So we are all Africans.
I don't remember the name but there was a man known as the Furher's doctor, who was more of a quack and drug dealer than a doctor. He created a 'tonic' which the Furher became dependent on and when under stress had more than normal the dose. It was supposedly 'vitamins' and had some, but mostly it was cocaine and a version of meth. The more he became dependent on his 'doctor' who accompanied him everywhere and had access to him anytime, anywhere, the more eratic his decisions became. Sometimes they depended on which of his underlings arrived first and convinced him their plan was best but much of the time it was a competition. As his trust in generals flagged as they tried to assinate him, he made some of his own, disastorous decisions about the war.

Even at the end, he ordered Germany flattened as punishment to his people for failing to win the war. His staff faked pictures to 'prove' they were doing so since he stayed in his bunker. He still used his 'tonic' even then.

The early Adoph Hitler, pre-tonic, was an angry, but calculating seeker of power with an uncany knack for saying the right thing. The great early successes began to fade as he slipped into believing his own image too fully. His great passion at the end was to finish his elimination of the Jews, and when military units had no way to be moved to hold off the allied armies, there was always a train which could take more of his victums to their deaths. In many ways he defeated himself. Sadly, he took millions with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History