Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 02:16 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times

Advertisements

Hamm is a city and surname in Germany (and many other countries), but AFAIK it doesn't have a literal meaning of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 06:49 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,220 times
That's all pseuscience created by Rosenberg, Von Daniken, deranged stuff.

As to Jewish SS, I found the link. It was in the context of relationships between Zionism and Nazism. Nazis helped zionist because they wanted to send all Jews to Israel...and bug the UK in the same process.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
As to Jewish SS, I found the link. It was in the context of relationships between Zionism and Nazism. Nazis helped zionist because they wanted to send all Jews to Israel...and bug the UK in the same process.
Well produce the link then?

Because Jewish SS sounds as legit as Black KKK.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:41 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
That's all pseuscience created by Rosenberg, Von Daniken, deranged stuff.

As to Jewish SS, I found the link. It was in the context of relationships between Zionism and Nazism. Nazis helped Zionist because they wanted to send all Jews to Israel...and bug the UK in the same process.
The connections between Zionists and Nazi's is sort of fuzzy. One of the early solutions to deal with the Jews, was to pay the Jews to leave Germany. But very Jews took the Nazi's up on their offers as they stated "We are Germans, why would we move to Palestine?" Keep in mind that most of Germany's Jews were secular. Also Britain caused problems for this solution by blocking Jews from entering Palestine. We could create a thread on this issue alone as one would have to read multiple versions of the Haavara Agreement and paste together the facts in each version to get to the truth of it.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well produce the link then?

Because Jewish SS sounds as legit as Black KKK.
He doesn't have to. You can simply type "Jews in the SS" into Google and the first few pages list links that prove it. No one can look at a secular person and say that they are Jewish, since being one is a religion and not a color.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
He doesn't have to. You can simply type "Jews in the SS" into Google and the first few pages list links that prove it. No one can look at a secular person and say that they are Jewish, since being one is a religion and not a color.
I know very well that there were persons of Jewish ancestry in the SS, but I wasn't asking about that. He claimed that there were a Jewish SS 'division' formed who carried out clandestine operations in the Mandate of Palestina, which I don't see as credible at all.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I know very well that there were persons of Jewish ancestry in the SS, but I wasn't asking about that. He claimed that there were a Jewish SS 'division' formed who carried out clandestine operations in the Mandate of Palestina, which I don't see as credible at all.
His facts may be mixed up a little, but there was a connection. The Irgun had to get their Military training from someone and Germany would have been the most likely place in the early 30's. Many would have been former WW1 soldiers.

Zionism and the Third Reich

Germany was no better than the British (or vis versa) who both stirred up problems under the cover of assistance to Jews and a decade later to Arabs. Both wanted control over the Middle East.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
His facts may be mixed up a little, but there was a connection. The Irgun had to get their Military training from someone and Germany would have been the most likely place in the early 30's. Many would have been former WW1 soldiers.

Zionism and the Third Reich
Sure, but that's a far cry from what he claimed. That is about 'resettlement' in the early days of the Reich, even before the Nuremberg Laws. Obviously the nazis endorsed this idea.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:32 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,220 times
Pruzhany

Right, Jews belonging to Irgun were trained in Germany as SS. The link, I don't find the link but there's a book about the subject. Not in the early 30's...later. The irony of the book, a very cruel irony, is that Jews were trained as SS to attack British Palestina where there were KLs in peration.

Don't forget Mussolini....Zionism was considered a protofascist group by many.

Last edited by karstic; 09-25-2016 at 04:47 AM..

Old 09-25-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Pruzhany

Right, Jews belonging to Irgun were trained in Germany as SS. The link, I don't find the link but there's a book about the subject. Not in the early 30's...later. The irony of the book, a very cruel irony, is that Jews were trained as SS to attack British Palestina where there were KLs in peration.

Don't forget Mussolini....Zionism was considered a protofascist group by many.

No, not later. Later it was the Arabs of North Africa who were being trained by the Nazi's and the Arabs of the Middle East were being trained by the British. All one has to do is look at who had what weapons at the end of WW2 which shows the Palestine Mandate as the line for both as the Jews had weapons from neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History