Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 AM

13 posts, read 16,444 times

Advertisements

Why would Castro kill JFK? They were close friends and he personally messed up Bay of Pigs, plus the secret conversations between the two revealed a short time ago. If anything, Castro should have granted him the highest Cuban condecoration.

And...swapping the nuclear missiles for the ones in Turkey...when he already had the USSR green light to invade Cuba.... because at that time Soviets thought Castro was more dangerous than Americans. The USSR even attempted a coup d'etat against Castro later. A dangerous president.

I guess it was rather a replay of Fuenteovejuna, a play by Lope de Vega....who had killed the Commendator, all the villagers answered "Fuenteovejuna did it". Fuenteovejuna is a town.

There's a very interesting episode of Twilight Zone in which a Time Traveller saves Keneddy in Dallas...and he's forced to kill him because if not the, the "timeline" would would have ended in a nuclear holocaust...quite entertaining and real.

And again, he was just smoke, and he did not give a hoot for poor people, was'nt his father a Nazi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 05:46 AM

364 posts, read 1,080,269 times
To me, whether you believe Oswald was alone in all of this or not, the true "physical" evidence is Jack Ruby. I don't buy that he was just a big JFK supporter and wanted revenge. Or that he was trying to protect Jackie. Etc.

Why would he give up his life to blatantly kill Oswald? He was sent there to do this and had proven ties to the mob.

My thoughts are LBJ masterminded the whole thing and used the CIA/Mob to wack JFK. Bobby Kennedy made a living going against organized crime who was killed 5 years later.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
Why would he give up his life to blatantly kill Oswald? He was sent there to do this and had proven ties to the mob.
Why does anyone blatantly kill anyone?

Anyway, here is the problem with the Ruby as hit man "theory." The Dallas PD announced that they would be moving Oswald a 10:00 AM. At 10:00 AM Ruby is still in his apartment and doesn't leave until 10:19 based upon phone records. He doesn't t arrive in downtown Dallas until 11:00 AM one hour after the schedule move of Oswald. Even still instead of going to the police station where Oswald was being held, Ruby went to the Western Union office to send a money order to one of his "girls" at 11:17 AM.

Mafia hit men don't show up at the job an hour and seventeen minutes late, and if they are late they don't nonchalantly chat with neighbors or go to the Western Union office before going to where they know that the target will be. As far as Ruby knew, Oswald had been moved at 10:00 and was sitting in the county jail. It wasn't until Ruby left the Western Union office that he noticed a crowd at the Dallas police station, wandered over, saw what was going on and move to kill Oswald. A hit, more like the impulsive act of an immaturely impulsive man hardly someone that the mob would depend upon for what would have been the most infamous hit in all of mob history. Which brings us to another question, why on earth would the mafia, use a man with such obvious ties to organized crime to play any role in the most notorious assassination in 20th century American politics? Why would organized crime, reluctant to kill a non-member much less a cop, court official for fear of retribution would ever sanction the murder of one of the most popular presidents in American history?

The idea is just too facetious to contemplate.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:54 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why does anyone blatantly kill anyone?

Anyway, here is the problem with the Ruby as hit man "theory." The Dallas PD announced that they would be moving Oswald a 10:00 AM. At 10:00 AM Ruby is still in his apartment and doesn't leave until 10:19 based upon phone records. He doesn't t arrive in downtown Dallas until 11:00 AM one hour after the schedule move of Oswald. Even still instead of going to the police station where Oswald was being held, Ruby went to the Western Union office to send a money order to one of his "girls" at 11:17 AM.

Mafia hit men don't show up at the job an hour and seventeen minutes late, and if they are late they don't nonchalantly chat with neighbors or go to the Western Union office before going to where they know that the target will be. As far as Ruby knew, Oswald had been moved at 10:00 and was sitting in the county jail. It wasn't until Ruby left the Western Union office that he noticed a crowd at the Dallas police station, wandered over, saw what was going on and move to kill Oswald. A hit, more like the impulsive act of an immaturely impulsive man hardly someone that the mob would depend upon for what would have been the most infamous hit in all of mob history. Which brings us to another question, why on earth would the mafia, use a man with such obvious ties to organized crime to play any role in the most notorious assassination in 20th century American politics? Why would organized crime, reluctant to kill a non-member much less a cop, court official for fear of retribution would ever sanction the murder of one of the most popular presidents in American history?

The idea is just too facetious to contemplate.
I'm going to tag onto this. Jack Ruby gave a "deathbed interview" as he lay in the hospital dying from cancer. Some interesting things come out of the interview.

First, Ruby regularly carried a pistol around (the same one he shot Oswald with). He owned nightclubs and it was a rough business. He also carried large sums of money to the bank at times and wanted the gun to defend himself from bandits.

Second, he told his lawyer Melvin Belli and detectives on numerous occasions that his motive for killing Oswald was anger at him for what he had done and to prevent Jackie Kennedy from having to come back to Dallas to testify at his trial.

Third, Ruby had a dog with him in his car. It sort of defies logic that if his killing of Oswald was a premeditated "hit" that he would bring his dog down there in the car with him.

The conspiracy crowd isn't going to change their mind, but Ruby hardly looks like a calculating mafia killer.

JFK: Jack Ruby's Deathbed Interview

The only thing I really resent in these discussions are people who make statements--without any evidence at all to back them up--claiming Lyndon Johnson was part of a plan to murder JFK. Its an outrageous accusation to make without any evidence. Johnson was undoubtedly lacking in integrity as a public figure, at times. However, to leap from this to claiming he participated in a plot to kill his predecessor is a silly and shameful statement.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:03 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Thanks ovcatta and markg91359 for your excellent posts. I'd rep you both but CD won't allow me to as I've done it in the past.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I'm going to tag onto this. Jack Ruby gave a "deathbed interview" as he lay in the hospital dying from cancer. Some interesting things come out of the interview.

First, Ruby regularly carried a pistol around (the same one he shot Oswald with). He owned nightclubs and it was a rough business. He also carried large sums of money to the bank at times and wanted the gun to defend himself from bandits.

Second, he told his lawyer Melvin Belli and detectives on numerous occasions that his motive for killing Oswald was anger at him for what he had done and to prevent Jackie Kennedy from having to come back to Dallas to testify at his trial.

Third, Ruby had a dog with him in his car. It sort of defies logic that if his killing of Oswald was a premeditated "hit" that he would bring his dog down there in the car with him.

The conspiracy crowd isn't going to change their mind, but Ruby hardly looks like a calculating mafia killer.

JFK: Jack Ruby's Deathbed Interview

The only thing I really resent in these discussions are people who make statements--without any evidence at all to back them up--claiming Lyndon Johnson was part of a plan to murder JFK. Its an outrageous accusation to make without any evidence. Johnson was undoubtedly lacking in integrity as a public figure, at times. However, to leap from this to claiming he participated in a plot to kill his predecessor is a silly and shameful statement.
The "deathbed interview" isn't consistent with his earlier statements on camera.. Ruby also seems to implicate LBJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnpQBa1Euc

Old 11-27-2013, 07:32 AM

I understand the points of the situations of Jack Ruby leading up to the shooting. I'll have to do research to find the accuracy in this. Anyone have links?

I just don't see how he would randomly shoot Oswald and expect to get away with it. If he was a guy who had everything going for him, why would he throw it away?

There's a ton of unknowns with this case

Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
The "deathbed interview" isn't consistent with his earlier statements on camera.. Ruby also seems to implicate LBJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnpQBa1Euc
I listened to the video. Whenever, you evaluate any criminal's statements you are going to hear some things that are true and probably some things that are total fabrications. Was Ruby telling the truth when he said his motive for killing JFK was anger at Oswald or was it something else?

Ruby was tried for murdering Oswald and was condemned to death for having done so in the first half of 1964. I suspect the statements on the tape were given after Ruby's conviction (and death sentence) for murdering Oswald. This conviction was later reversed and before Ruby could be retried, he died of lung cancer in early 1967, over three years after the assassination.

A person sentenced to death is likely to say anything at all to save his own skin. That's my impression of what Ruby was doing in that brief exchange that took place in what appears to be the courthouse hallway.

If LBJ were involved in any way in the assassination of JFK, some connection to him and Jack Ruby could have been found. Ruby doesn't explain the connection. He "implicates" Johnson, but fails to say exactly how he was involved. What it appears to me is that a desperate man is trying to get himself out of jails in Texas and will say just about anything to do that. I guess I understand how statements like these would get the attention of some. However, I don't find such bald assertions very convincing.

One should also read Jack Ruby's testimony to the Warren Commission which he gave during 1964. I've included a link to his testimony. It is long and rambling. Ruby continually asks to "be taken to Washington" for a lie detector test and to complete his testimony. Chief Justice Warren does get him though to describe his killing of Oswald and his motives for it. What comes through is that Ruby was having some mental problems--likely before he shot Oswald--that pertained to losing money and operating his night club. However, he states there was no conspiracy involved. In fact, he makes the comment that do to the way the killing of Oswald occurred, a conspiracy was simply impossible. He was in a highly emotional state and shot Oswald because the killing of JFK left him very distraught and he wanted Jackie to be able to avoid having to return to Dallas to testify at Oswald's murder trial.

The testimony was given before Chief Justice Earl Warren, than Congressman, Gerald R. Ford, and Leon Jaworski (later special prosecutor during the Watergate Scandal).

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/ruby_j1.htm

Last edited by markg91359; 11-27-2013 at 09:42 AM..

Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 AM

Someone answer this?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XY02Qkuc_f8
</SPAN>

Old 11-27-2013, 10:35 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
Someone answer this?
This video was taken when leaving Love Field. What this shows is a pissed off secret service agent being marginalized, just like any employee would be when dismissed from an important assignment (actually, he seems to be smiling, as if in mock protest). He was left behind and another agent took his place. What was the reason for this? Maybe it had to do with this quote from JFK to the secret service supervisor before coming to Dallas: "Floyd, tell the Ivy League Charlatans to get off the car." Also, the point it moot because at the assassination point, it was the entrance point to a freeway and the secret service would have removed it's bumper joggers or riders to avoid the hair raising freeway speed ride at 50 mph gripping a bumper...and Oswald at his elevated perch may have had a direct site to the president in any event, the agents would not have shielded him.

There have been some disputes on if Kennedy actually ordered his secret service off or not. My guess is it was implied by the president and interpreted by the SS to stand down some on the public appearances, combine that with some bad decisions and slow reaction by the secret service, which otherwise does not suggest evidence of anything except bad judgement by all involved.

Many of the SS agents on that detail have written books. I suggest if you are really interested you can read those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History