Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 PM

136 posts, read 116,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
It's a convenient excuse for failure caused by poor individual choices (for instance screwing around instead of taking advantage of a free education).

The rates at which blacks and whites utilize social benefits are disproportionate. Both use approximately the same percentage of social services - the differences is one group is 70% of the population (and thus underrepresented) while the other group is 13% of the population (thereby overrepresented).
You can spin it however you wish, but at the end of the day, the raw numbers speak volumes.

The fact remains that overwhelmingly based on the raw numbers, whites represent the greatest number of individuals receiving public assistance/welfare in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM

In truth, I hate living in America. I long for the day when I can pack my bags and leave for good. I'm not sure where I will go, but I hope to get the heck out of this place, in another decade.

I'm steadily saving for my independence and freedom from this nation.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,962,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
That is the only reason?

That a monstrous crime was committed and sustained for centuries by one race against another, that isn't enough to generate lingering feelings of resentment and shame? The only legacy from this horrible era that you can detect is black people using it as an excuse on which to blame their failures?
Try living the life experience of a Black person then come back and comment about excuses.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
It's a convenient excuse for failure caused by poor individual choices (for instance screwing around instead of taking advantage of a free education).

The rates at which blacks and whites utilize social benefits are disproportionate. Both use approximately the same percentage of social services - the differences is one group is 70% of the population (and thus underrepresented) while the other group is 13% of the population (thereby overrepresented).
If Blacks were better integrated, this wouldn't exactly be the case. The onus is up to the dominant group to bring the weaker minority into its fold. Unfortunately in every single documented society, the dominant group often refuses to do so. While it is true that Blacks use various social services at a higher rate, it is also true that they are shafted in just about everything else. They don't get the same educational opportunities and they certainly aren't the beneficiaries of pork government spending such as defense related spending which often go to politically well-connected regions.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Try living the life experience of a Black person then come back and comment about excuses.
To a degree, I place a lot of responsibility and blame on black people. Why are so many awaiting white approval (and assistance) instead of creating/setting up the systems and societies that benefit people of the African diaspora?

Old 11-24-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
If Blacks were better integrated, this wouldn't exactly be the case. The onus is up to the dominant group to bring the weaker minority into its fold. Unfortunately in every single documented society, the dominant group often refuses to do so. While it is true that Blacks use various social services at a higher rate, it is also true that they are shafted in just about everything else. They don't get the same educational opportunities and they certainly aren't the beneficiaries of pork government spending such as defense related spending which often go to politically well-connected regions.
Whites are not the dominant group. I've thought about this for some time, and I've discovered in my research that whites are simply very violent and able to use the media (which is largely owned by them) to propagate the idea that they are superior. Whites are willing to commit genocide to ensure their own survival. The chickens however, are coming home to roost. The white birth rate is negative, and whites (interms of the global population) are actually the minority.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,363,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
How do you square that with how much better another minority group like Asians are doing? Why are Asians doing better educationally than Blacks?

Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
How do you square that with how much better another minority group like Asians are doing? Why are Asians doing better educationally than Blacks?
Asians do not have the history that Africans have in this country.

BTW, how do you explain why currently, Asian Americans are doing better than whites? Asian American families are more stable than white families and their children tend to have far better values. Also, Asian households on average out earn white Americans. Needless to say, Asian Americans have far lower rates of unemployment than white Americans and far greater levels of education.

Don't forget, China owns America. LOL

Old 11-24-2013, 10:34 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
Even to this day, the emotions run very deep. The pain is very real.
And the socio-economic disparities remain.

This is not just the case in the United States--but also in such Latin American countries as Brazil and the Dominican Republic.

Why is this so? Why does slavery still haunt us?
And how can we move forward as a nation?

Why don't we just let the history of it fade into obscurity? Slavery is not coming back. Why teach generation after generation about how bad the country was 150+ years ago? Why not just have a short period in US history about how certain groups were discriminated against and how far we have come since then and then move on. Why do we have to obsess over something none of us had anything to do with and none of us can do anything about?

All they are doing is filling people's heads with anger and other emotions that are completely useless.

Teach them a vocation or send them to college. Tell them color doesn't matter and they are on their own to make something of their life. Quit stunting people with our guilt.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:34 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Uhhh, the situation with Asians is far different from Blacks. They were screened by immigration and are a very self selected population. Being over a few thousand miles away doesn't exactly hurt when it comes to screening. A person who is willing to move to a distant foreign land thousands of miles away is different from a person who was forcibly brought to provide labor. Asians came by choice (including the mistreated Chinese railroad workers and miners), Blacks did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History