Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 09:35 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,332,257 times

Advertisements

I'm posting this here but it does relate to my genealogy search.

I've uncovered an ancestor born in 1822...somewhere in Canada per a US Census record.

I'm trying to find out more about the history of that time in Canada, these people would have migrated down to central Ohio.

I do know that the Fur Trading Company's were still in control at that time. Can someone suggest a book that will help me understand the area and migration practices?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,561,576 times
"The Canadian North West". A Bibliography of the Sources of Information in the Public Reference Library of the City of Toronto, Canada in Regard to the Hudson's Bay Company, the Fur Trade and the Early History of the Canadian North West. (Hardcover)
by George H (preface) Locke (Author)

The Pioneers: An illustrated history of early settlement in Canada (The Canadian illustrated library) (Unknown Binding)
Publisher: mcClelland and Stewart; Rev. ed edition (1973)

The Beaver Autumn 1983 : The Hudson's Bay Company and the Fur Trade : 1670-1870 (Hardcover)
by Glyndwyr Williams (Author)

Try Amazon.ca: Online shopping for Canadians - books, music, DVDs, software, video games & more

And you could try the National Canadian Archives for more details about migration patterns.
Welcome to the LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES CANADA website | Bienvenue au site Web BIBLIOTHÈQUE ET ARCHIVES CANADA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History