Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 12:05 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,568 times

Advertisements

Muslims are currently fighting Jews in Israel/Palestine/Iran.
Muslims are currently fighting Hindus in India.
Muslims are currently fighting atheists in China.
Muslims are currently fight Buddhists in Burma.
Muslims also have issues with Christians (9/11, US/Iraq war, etc).

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just curious.

Christians have also fought a few other of the major religions, but I don't remember a hindu and christian fight or a christian and buddhist fight. Plus it seems like they took one "enemy" at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 12:29 PM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Muslims are also targeting Buddhists in Southern Thailand.

I think the Hindu's have fought pretty much all religions in the world.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:59 PM

415 posts, read 560,557 times
All these religious wars are one of the main reasons that I am an agnostic.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:51 PM

692 posts, read 957,239 times
Christianity has also been perpetually at war with the rest of the world.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:42 PM

914 posts, read 765,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Muslims are currently fighting Jews in Israel/Palestine/Iran.
Muslims are currently fighting Hindus in India.
Muslims are currently fighting atheists in China.
Muslims are currently fight Buddhists in Burma.
Muslims also have issues with Christians (9/11, US/Iraq war, etc).

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just curious.

Christians have also fought a few other of the major religions, but I don't remember a hindu and christian fight or a christian and buddhist fight. Plus it seems like they took one "enemy" at a time.
Honestly yes, Christianity pre-enlightenment saw its' fair share of squabbles around the world; From bloody internal battles between Catholics and Protestants, to conflicts with natives in the Americas where many of them were forcibly converted, to the colonization of Africa where many them were also forcibly converted, to the crusades where knights and soldiers were promised salvation by the church for killing and dying on the battlefield.

Judaism was also at constant war with MANY other nations over religion and resources, and many of these battles can be found in the Old Testament or Hebrew Bible.

Abrahamic Religions all follow the tradition of the sword.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:33 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Christianity and Islam are exclusivist and universal. The cornerstone of their philosophies are that they are the 'ONE TRUE RELIGION FOR EVERYONE ON EARTH', and that is why they will never have peace until every last human being is with them.

Currently Islam is making the most noise since Christianity gave up the ghost back in the 20th century.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:40 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,177,385 times
I remember bad religious squabbles in Northern Ireland until about 15 years ago and occasionally still happening now. They still have segregated bus stops for Catholics and Protestants to this day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History