Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
We might have come to the agree to disagree point in this discussion!
Although this is an actual discussion of fact, rather than opinion, I guess you are right. The race of Egyptians was whatever it was, and no amount of discussion here can change that. However, since there is no 100% sure way of knowing exactly (although personally, it would appear to me that historical record points to something other than black), we are at an impasse. As I said somewhere at the beginning of this thread, if some blacks feel they must believe the ancient Egyptians shared their skin color so that they can feel better about their heritage, I say go for it; it doesn't actually make the ancient Egyptians black, of course, but if it boosts their self-esteem, I guess it's worth believing the fantasy.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
However, dunkel25, participants have not agreed on the facts!

And, I am old enough to know from my own reading and studying that history changes as we learn and discover more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Although this is an actual discussion of fact, rather than opinion, I guess you are right. The race of Egyptians was whatever it was, and no amount of discussion here can change that. However, since there is no 100% sure way of knowing exactly (although personally, it would appear to me that historical record points to something other than black), we are at an impasse. As I said somewhere at the beginning of this thread, if some blacks feel they must believe the ancient Egyptians shared their skin color so that they can feel better about their heritage, I say go for it; it doesn't actually make the ancient Egyptians black, of course, but if it boosts their self-esteem, I guess it's worth believing the fantasy.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 AM

14 posts, read 82,857 times
This was a good topic and really enjoyed it especially those who deny the facts prestended to support the African origin of the Egyptians. Those who oppose these facts continue to dance around alot of fact. Some could not even say the facts was wrong as a matter of fact they could even deny the facts. I found the cpmment "So if early Egyptians were black, were black people the founders of slavery"? lol Never the less I unstand their schizophrenia pertaining to this topic. The Classical writers clearly saw them and their accounts is very interesting.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:13 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Not true. Look at the aboriginal people in Australia and New Zealand. As far as "distance from the equator" they are as far away as Europeans really.
The Aboriginies came from elsewhere.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Just for the sake of "argument" and I mean that in a non adversarial way, if the original Egyptians were black, where did they all disappear to ...

Old 02-10-2008, 06:22 PM

136 posts, read 492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
You see, this is all the "Eurocentrists" resort to to prove the Egyptians as a whole were something other than 'black'. Without even going through the facts posted in this thread, they must resort to the baseless conclusion that it "must be fantasy", or simply "boosts self esteem", without giving ANY evidence whatsoever to refute what has already been demonstrated in this thread.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 PM

14 posts, read 82,857 times
Well Fred I see you noticed it to. But really we don't need to prove the African origin of the Egyptian civilization. There are so many facts posted here. Why don't these people prove to us that the Acient Egyptians are not black. Well they can't. Our facts are not based on some myth, fantasy or any liberal sentiment. These facts are rooted in HARD CONCRETE HISTORICAL REALITY. Its funny how whites always shout about what the classical writer had to sayabour European history but when the classical writers talk about the Africaness of the Ancient Egyptians they use there # one tool of defense its silents(quiet) and we get all kinds of silly excuses. Fred look on page 10 my post about the The origins of Egyptian civilization started in the south. I presented two sites there and look what earthwar said. He did not even try to rebute what I said but says something about the black people being the founders of slavery lol!!!!!!!!!!. If this whole topic was a murder trail they all get 20 yrs because they have absolutely no FACTS Fred5

Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
The Aboriginies came from elsewhere.
Everyone came from elsewhere.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Find a mummy- there are thousands in museums worldwide. Get a DNA sample. That should settle it, although what the relevance of all this is beyond me.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,660 times
Everyone get over it. Who really cares what anyone looked like 3000 years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History