Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I know exactly who he is/was.

Somehow I doubt your claim however.

I also doubt he'd know anything about any cover-up even if that were true. He would have reported a radar blip and was told to ignore it because he was told a squadron of bombers was due in from the mainland (which is true).

His knowledge ends there. He can't speak for the person who told him that now can he speak about anyone telling them to tell him that.

Funny how you dismiss my actual links to reliable sources, yet you want others to accept as gospel your non-sourced claims.

So the best you have is unsubstantiated claims. Sorry, but that doesn't convince anybody.

If you know that, you might also know that he lived in Port Charlotte, and that he believed that there was a cover up. I also lived there, and we were both veterans.

If he's convinced that there was a cover up, that's good enough for me. Someone who was there at the time is worth listening to more than some writer who doesn't want to report it.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There is an easy way to make this distinction. In WWII, German forces attacked, overran and occupied
Amsterdam and Rotterdam. The Japanese landed on New Guinea. Were both of those exactly the same level of fearsome threat to the Dutch people and their land, inspiring the same level of mobilization to protect the citizenry, deserving of the same level of response to defend the homeland?

If you had been a Dutch citizen, would you have felt the same terror with the Japanese landing in New Guinea, as the German stormtroopers coming across the Rhine? Would you have considered both to have been equally a call to arms and a resolve to defend the homeland?
I wouldn't have been worried about the Japanese, had I been a Dutch citizen, unless I lived in New Guinea. Because that's just a territory, not my home country.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you know that, you might also know that he lived in Port Charlotte, and that he believed that there was a cover up. I also lived there, and we were both veterans.

If he's convinced that there was a cover up, that's good enough for me. Someone who was there at the time is worth listening to more than some writer who doesn't want to report it.

P-R-O-O-F !!!!!

I can't verify that you ever knew him, I can't verify where he lived, I can't verify that he ever said he thought there was a cover-up, and I can't verify that you lived there or were ever a Vet.
SHOW ME THE PROOF!!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
Since it's already been established that both Japan and Germany did indeed attack mainland USA in various ways, and it's been established that no ocean stopped us from attacking them, and it's been established that both Germany and Japan had the same capabilities to attack our homeland as we did theirs, then yes....we (the US) were fighting for our homeland.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
P-R-O-O-F !!!!!

I can't verify that you ever knew him, I can't verify where he lived, I can't verify that he ever said he thought there was a cover-up, and I can't verify that you lived there or were ever a Vet.
SHOW ME THE PROOF!!!!
Nope. You can't. Even though his obituary tells where he lived. But I have all the proof I need, and it didn't require me to link to something that could have been made up.

EDIT: My military status IS verifiable. First name Timothy.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Since it's already been established that both Japan and Germany did indeed attack mainland USA in various ways, and it's been established that no ocean stopped us from attacking them, and it's been established that both Germany and Japan had the same capabilities to attack our homeland as we did theirs, then yes....we (the US) were fighting for our homeland.
So you think the USA should have gone to fullscale war against Mexico, and completely destroyed Mexico in 1916, and killed whatever Mexicans civilians got caught in the crossfire, after Pancho Villa "attack mainland USA in various ways", which, by your definition, qualifies as a genuine threat to the safety and security of the American people and their liberty and way of life.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
That is a question that only those in charge of our government at the time would have had to answer.

You're now deflecting from the topic at hand probably because you realize that you've lost this debate.
You have stated categorically and unequivocally that " the USA should [go] to fullscale war against [any nation], and completely destroyed [it], and killed whatever . . . civilians got caught in the crossfire, after [that nation] "attack mainland USA in various ways", which, by your definition, qualifies as a genuine threat to the safety and security of the American people and their liberty and way of life".

That is the topic at hand. If you want to back down, and relinquish that posture, and provide a series of qualifying, mitigating exceptions to it, you have the floor. Or you may insist in shouting over and over again that you are right because you say your are. Your call.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you could show me that you were alive at the same time as FDR, I'd be willing to believe.
I was alive when FDR was---I was 8 when he died. Does that give me credibility?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:40 PM

And you were in D.C. at the time?

George and I were both members of the American Legion.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 AM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times
It's an interesting claim that TKramar has made about George Elliot.

But there's several things that I wonder about.

Why did George Elliot tell only TKramar about this cover-up conspiracy? There are countless articles about and interviews with George Elliot about his part in the events of December 7th, 1941 and he never mentions anything about a cover-up conspiracy.

How exactly does a PFC based in Hawaii in 1941 obtain access to the inner workings and goals of FDR's White House to reveal this cover-up conspiracy? Or even access to higher levels of military command? Were privates in 1941 privy to the counsel of generals?

If there was such a cover-up, where are all the people involved in the cover-up and why haven't they also come forth to testify? There would be a huge payday in books and in movie rights for anyone who brought forth concrete proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History