Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 05:31 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sewer?

I, too, am fairly certain that Oswald fired from the school book depository but he was set up. The mob was behind it and probably others too.

Well, I am reading some posts that say it would be "near impossible" but you have:

1. The book depository
2. The grassy knoll ("Badge Man".. Dallas PD)
and.. probably.. a sewer (grate, upward, as motorcade passed.)

https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/Joh...sewerShot.html

Quote:
Sewer Shot in JFK Assassination

[SIZE=-1] Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 00:55:11 -0400
From John Judge
To: treefrog [/SIZE]
Ed, I missed the earlier part of this exchange but have always believed the fatal shot came from the storm sewer on Elm Street to the right front of the motorcade. This was not from speculation or photo angling. The letter from Ed T, whoever that is, hits the nail on the head. I used to crawl down in the sewer with Penn Jones in 60s and it is quite different today. For one thing, the bottom has been filled in (note the flattening of the pipe opening at the bottom) and the opening that used to come up to my armpits now only reaches my waist. Oliver Stone repaved the street for his film and considerably reduced the size of the opening onto the street. It was more than ample and wide for the head shot. And Penn Jones, Jim Garrison and other critics placed the shot there from reports by witnesses and the physical evidence. It was Mark Lane in the late 60's who tried to move everyone up to the Grassy Knoll.
  1. Earwitnesses heard a completely different sound from the last shot fired, one saying it echoed as if in a sewer.
  2. Connally and others in the motorcade smelled gunpowder during the events. Smoke rose upwards from the fence area atop the Grassy Knoll, and would not have reached them. However, the passing of the first car in the motorcade would suck air and smoke out of the sewer hole and along the route of the motorcade.
  3. A shot from the Grassy Knoll would have reached JFK's head at a downward angle, exiting from the base of his skull, and driving him down into the seat as it sent him backwards. A close examination of his reaction in both Zapruder and Nix films shows that he rises up from the seat as he is thrown back at over 100 mph. The fatal shot blew out the upper right portion of his skull. Both are consistent with a shot from below.
  4. Brain matter and skull fragments explode upwards and travel back and to the left with great velocity at the moment of impact. Jackie later revealed that she picked up a portion of skull on the left rear of the car behind her seat, before being pushed back in by Clint Hill. A portion of skull was found near the curb on the south side of Elm, nearly 30 feet behind the position of the car at the point of the fatal shot and across the street.
  5. Officer Billy Hargis was riding his motorcycle to the left rear of JFK's limousine and witnessed the head shot. He was quoted in the Warren Commission testimony saying that he was hit so hard with a skull fragment through his leather jacket that he thought he had been hit by a bullet. He looked down to see he was covered with blood, stopped and got off his motorcycle, and said "Am I hit?" He later parked the motorcycle over the opening of the sewer and ran up the Grassy Knoll with other witnesses. Quoted in the Dallas Morning News on the 30th anniversary of the assassination, Hargis recalled the event and said the brain and blood matter arced up and came down on him. Again, all this is more consistent with a shot from below and to the front.
  6. The storm sewer is a good hidden location, one that a military sniper would choose. Penn Jones crawled through the pipes and discovered that going west along Elm leads to the vertical pipe that opens behind the Grassy Knoll fence near the overpass, and going across Elm and to the east leads to a grate in the basement of the Dallas jail. He yelled out when he got there, but no one responded.
  7. The sewer shot was rarely mentioned by researchers or the public after Lane focused on the Grassy Knoll, but a few of us kept seeking the evidence. Subsequent "tell all" books by alleged participants usually repeat the standard locations, the TSBD window or the Grassy Knoll, for verisimilitude. A book published in the 1990's, long after it would have been fashionable to lie about the sewer location, titled Treason is My Daily Bread, by Mikhail Ledbedev, reveals his role in a plot involving Nazi intelligent agent Reinhard Gehlen to kill Kennedy in Dallas, and mentions that he was sent to shoot from the storm sewer. He may be covering for the real assassin in this, but by picking the sewer location he adds credibility to his account in my view. There are many other indications that Gehlen and his cold war spy network that formed our CIA were part of the JFK assassination conspiracy.
In the end though, it does not matter exactly where the shots came from or who fired them, even. None of that leads us back to the plotters, but the patsy Oswald does. Focusing endlessly on Dealey Plaza will never solve the crime. The bullets came from the Pentagon, no matter what direction they took.
John Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 02:34 AM

752 posts, read 1,493,820 times
I'm going to revive this thread sorry to say.
The sewer aspect I've long found very interesting...a so often ignored theory that frankly while I normally would find incredible, might be plausible in these circumstances.
Personally, I think Oswald was used as a patsy (he even admitted so on television after his arrest) by agents ...my general theory is rogue elements of CIA in league with either mafia or anti Castro figures orchestrated the assassination.

Oswald was absolutely involved but was meant to be found. His behavior after the assassination is telling I think...his killing of officer Tippit and then the hiding out in the theater, drawing attention to himself by entering without a ticket, etc. It's as if some part of the plan didn't go right (and wasn't meant to, unbeknownst to Oswald). Oswald panicked when his promised help of escape and concealment was not forthcoming. Even if he told all that very day he was arrested, I doubt he would have known enough to expose the chief actors. He was set up as the fall boy. That's basically how I see it.

Last edited by Austin023; 05-20-2020 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: Grammatical corrections

Old 05-23-2020, 07:07 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,948 times
None of the conspiracy theories really hold up to scrutiny for me. The supposed conspirators motivations just don't make real world sense to me. If the CIA did it, it would basically guarantee they get shut down by Congress, and it would ultimately weaken the US during the height of the Cold War, something the CIA would recognize as counterproductive. The Russians weren't interested in destabilizing the US by taking out its leader, thinking they would want to do this reflects a huge misunderstanding of Cold War international politics. The mafia being behind it doesn't make much sense, either. The only party that kind of sort of makes sense is Cuba, but I don't think they had the ability to pull something like that off at the time. I was listening to the Last Podcast on the Left's recent series on the assassination, and while I haven't done any in depth research on their ultimate theory to see if it holds up beyond their narrative, but it makes a lot of sense for it to be an accidental shot from the secret service agent being the fatal shot.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:57 AM

5,114 posts, read 6,090,275 times
It was the paper industry. They figured how much paper would be used for newsprint and books over the next 30-50 years and saw it would be a gold mine. Always follow the money!

Old 05-23-2020, 08:57 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW DAWG View Post
I've always thought it was ridiculous to believe a shooter could be behind the picket fence on top of the grassy knoll and no one spotted him. If you've ever actually been to Dealey Plaza, I think you would agree. The plaza is pretty small and the fence is not very high. Plus, behind the fence was a parking lot and busy rail-yard. It would be pretty stupid for a professional assassin to shoot from this spot and assume they could get away.
Anyone who is inclined to believe in the "multiple shooters" story needs to go visit Dealey Plaza. I have trouble imagining another shooter (or shooters) hiding anywhere among the mass of humanity that lined the streets for JFK's motorcade. The other thing that really stood out to me is that a rifle shot from the sixth floor of the school book depository would not have been a particularly difficult shot. Oswald at one time had qualified as a "sharpshooter" in the Marines.

Fifty-seven years later it surprises me that people still rehash this. However, I suppose it will be going on long after most us have passed away.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:29 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,886,522 times
Talk about beating a dead horse.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:47 AM

752 posts, read 1,493,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
None of the conspiracy theories really hold up to scrutiny for me. The supposed conspirators motivations just don't make real world sense to me. If the CIA did it, it would basically guarantee they get shut down by Congress, and it would ultimately weaken the US during the height of the Cold War, something the CIA would recognize as counterproductive. The Russians weren't interested in destabilizing the US by taking out its leader, thinking they would want to do this reflects a huge misunderstanding of Cold War international politics. The mafia being behind it doesn't make much sense, either. The only party that kind of sort of makes sense is Cuba, but I don't think they had the ability to pull something like that off at the time. I was listening to the Last Podcast on the Left's recent series on the assassination, and while I haven't done any in depth research on their ultimate theory to see if it holds up beyond their narrative, but it makes a lot of sense for it to be an accidental shot from the secret service agent being the fatal shot.

Well, the CIA involvement theory is largely a thing of this: rogue elements within the organization were solicited by Cuban anti-castro people who wanted to orchestrate the assassination. It was not at the behest of CIA at all. Oswald was approached and after enticement he joined on. He was indeed a very good marksman and he also had known Communist ties and sympathies. I think he was used as a means to direct attention to the Russians and away from anti Castro elements. Russia really did not have a good reason to kill Kennedy...but the anti castro people did. The Bay of Pigs invasion, which failed disastrously, was the start. Kennedy effectively signed his death warrant basically after that awful fiasco.

I am not going to say I absolutely subscribe to this theory, but of the ones out there, this general theory makes much better sense. Oswald's behaviour after the fact seems to imply panic...cool and collected enough to get a head shot at a moving target, but so panicked as to bungle his escape as he did? I think he was simply used as a patsy...though he indeed shot at and killed (or helped kill) JFK. Oswald even admitted to being such, which for what its worth, might be quite possible.

I am unsure if there was a second or even more shooters.....like a couple of others here say, Dealy Plaza is quite open and it would be quite hard for a gunman to go undetected. However, so many witnesses said they heard shots coming from the direction of the knoll and overpass. You can look at it either way...Oswald acted alone in terms of actual execution of the shooting...at the behest and assistance of others. Or there was in fact a second gunman hidden away somewhere in the plaza area. The sewer theory I find outlandish...but...it could explain a few things.

Last edited by Austin023; 05-24-2020 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: corrections

Old 05-24-2020, 12:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin023 View Post
I'm going to revive this thread sorry to say.
The sewer aspect I've long found very interesting...a so often ignored theory that frankly while I normally would find incredible, might be plausible in these circumstances.
Personally, I think Oswald was used as a patsy (he even admitted so on television after his arrest) by agents ...my general theory is rogue elements of CIA in league with either mafia or anti Castro figures orchestrated the assassination.
Democrats.

Specifically, Democrats from Florida and Texas, and possibly Louisiana.

Sometime in January/February 1963, some Democrats approached him at his residence in Kennebunkport.

They asked him to resign for the good of the Party.

Kennedy, of course, being the arrogant bastard he was, refused.

That's what put the assassination plot into play.

Kennedy could have resigned for health reasons, and not one person in the US would have blinked. He was truly a sick man and didn't have much longer to live anyway.

None of you understand the Cuban Missile Crisis. Everything you know comes from the Pukipedia Propaganda/Media Version and not the Real-Factual Version.

The Republicans knew the Real-Factual Version (just as everyone in the military and some people in the Media did) and would have beat Kennedy over the head with it in 1964.

In the words of General LeMay, "We lost!"

Of course, LeMay knows the Real-Factual Version and not the Camelot Propaganda Version.

Kennedy was reckless. He actually caused the crisis. And then lost.

When Americans learned of Kennedy's stupid recklessness that caused the crisis that frightened everyone and then he had to back down, Americans would have been very angry. That's what those Congressmen feared most.

But, if Kennedy resigns, then LBJ comes in with a clean slate and Republicans can't fault LBJ for JFK's stupidity and so the lid is kept on the whole thing and LBJ's chances were much better than JFK's.

LBJ, although a Democrat and from Texas, was not a party to the conspiracy.

It's possible he may have been given hints, or told out-right after-the-fact, which might be one of the reasons he tried to sweep the whole thing under the rug, but he had no knowledge beforehand.

Castro was never involved and had no knowledge. He does, however, make a convenient scape-goat.

The MAFIA was not directly involved.

However, the Tampa, New Orleans and Dallas MAFIA families were indirectly involved providing soft support and intelligence, and probably some money.

The CIA was not involved.

There were several CIA agents involved.

The fact that CIA agents were involved does not make it a CIA sanctioned operation any more than claims that board members and shareholders of Burger King conspired with two Burger King employees to put marihuana on a cop's hamburger.

Some people are little-brains and can't understand that employees can act without authority or permission, and that's especially true of government employees who often act without authority or permission.

Knowledge is not imputed.

For example, little-brains are so stupid they think the Social Security Administration has a huge Jumbotron in the office displaying the name, address, social security number and date, time and place of death of people who die in real time so Social Security can stop sending checks to them.

An example of MAFIA indirect support/intelligence would be identifying assassins.

The MAFIA could provide lists of persons willing, able and capable of assassination.

The MAFIA could also identify people living outside the US, like in Sicily, southern Italy and elsewhere who could come into the US as tourists, make the kill shot, and then leave without drawing suspicion.

More to the point, the MAFIA could identify assassins they were willing to part with.

Remember, this is 1963. These are old-school MAFIA dons who were making their bones in the late 1920s and during the 1930s. They would have no problem executing an assassin to prevent disclosure/discovery, and under the Omerta, that person's family would be compensated or taken care of.

I mention that, because southern Italians are dark-skinned and it would be very, very easy for a southern hick to mistake an Italian-language speaker as someone speaking Spanish and think a person was Mexican/Cuban when in fact they were Sicilian or Calabrian or Neapolitan.

Anyway, the answer is at the Kennedy Library. My hope is to get there at some time in the future and cruise through his day-planner, calendar, personal notes etc to get the names of the people who came to see him.

Those Congressmen would be the Principals, not the Conspirators.

The Principals in a conspiracy never get their hands dirty and they are well-insulated by the Conspirators who do the dirty work and the Conspirators would gladly fall on their swords without giving it a second thought to protect the Principals.

That's because they are fanatics.

Most people aren't smart enough to realize they were an unwitting participant in a conspiracy.

Not all conspiracies are criminal in nature. Lot of conspiracies in office politics.

I need something done and I need you to do it, but if I go to you, A) you'll know me, and B) you might not be willing to do it because it is me.

So, I get someone to get another to get someone else to get you to do it, and you do it without ever realizing it was me all along.

That's how well-organized conspiracies actually work. There are a number of links in the chain between the Conspirator and the Actor, which makes it difficult to find out who the Conspirator really is.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
A "southern hick" in Texas would confuse an Italian speaking Italian with a Mexican speaking Spanish?? Ok.

Have you ever been to Texas?

And there is plenty of evidence of Sam Giancana wanting Kennedy dead after he helped him get elected, got old man Kennedy cleared from the five families, and got double crossed by the sons, who had no choice, as Giancana was such a fool.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:30 AM

5,157 posts, read 3,083,950 times
The Mob and Herbert Hoover wanted Bobby Kennedy gone, but killing him would create a martyr and bring the wrath of JFK. Mob bosses could live with LBJ as President and they knew that Johnson hated Bobby Kennedy. The easy decision was to assassinate JFK because it was a two-fer. It got rid of Bobby, and put in his place LBJ. Hoover and LBJ whitewashed the assassination with the Warren Commission, and the rest is history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History