U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,853,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
Jesus Christ was the greatest man that ever lived.
Who said he is white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,853,913 times
There are many great white men of history. John Brown was a great white man. FDR was a great white man.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 PM

115 posts, read 191,630 times
Jesus Christ, as He is real (as are the sins for which He is the Redeemer of).

As far as mortals go, Sir Isaac Newton from bygone days ... and Dr. Michael Savage (of 'The Savage Nation') in our current time.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:47 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,745,140 times
Julius Caesar, he was certainly the most inffluential man from the Ancient Ages (Jesus aside) and he played a key role in shaping the Western Civilization. Sorry, but Washington, Jefferson, etc, despite being crucial at some point, they didn't achieve the feats Caesar did. He was the great architect of the Roman Empire, the first global political and economical organization our World saw.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM

8,862 posts, read 8,926,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
Jesus Christ was the greatest man that ever lived.
He was not white.

But, yes, I agree.

Who is my favorite white person?

LOL--tonight I really think it's Thomas Jefferson.

Seemed to know what he believed and was wise beyond his years.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM

24 posts, read 41,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrometheus View Post
Jesus Christ, as He is real (as are the sins for which He is the Redeemer of).

As far as mortals go, Sir Isaac Newton from bygone days ... and Dr. Michael Savage (of 'The Savage Nation') in our current time.
Now you're talking,Michael Savage ,the only man on the air that tells it like it is.No PC bull(r@p!

As far as Jesus goes they say he was a direct decendant of King David.King David was described ,in the bible,as a man with flaxen -like hair, in other accounts as ruddy as in red.Flaxen is the bible term for blond & straight,thus if he were blond do you not think he was white?I have not seen negroid race people with natural straight flaxen hair.I just hate to break this message to Barack's so called Pastor,Jeremiah whats his name?This man said Jesus was black.

As far as scientists go how about the inventor of A/C electricity,radio,electric coils,ball lightening & so many other inventions,Nikola Tesla.

Last edited by Joehornsuporter; 03-17-2008 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM

24 posts, read 41,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Who said he is white?
Look at above post.Who said he was black?

Old 03-17-2008, 10:04 PM

25,515 posts, read 11,602,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Who said he is white?
Only on his mother's side~!@

Sorry, got that from an old episode of All in the Family when Archie Bunker was lamenting about jews, meathead said Jesus was a jew. Archie said, "Only on his mother's side!"

This thread cracks me up. Glen Beck?? That's funny.

My favorite white person... hmm. I think I would have to say the countless white men who are never mentioned in history books that lived their lives by their conscience instead of by what was socially acceptable.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 PM

13,025 posts, read 24,474,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
Julius Caesar, he was certainly the most inffluential man from the Ancient Ages (Jesus aside) and he played a key role in shaping the Western Civilization. Sorry, but Washington, Jefferson, etc, despite being crucial at some point, they didn't achieve the feats Caesar did. He was the great architect of the Roman Empire, the first global political and economical organization our World saw.
How?? He was a great General and was Military Dictator but what was his influence?? The first Emperor Augustus had way more of an influence over how the Empire started and it's Emperial organizations. Julius Ceasar was rarely in Rome as he was being entertained by Cleopatra in Egypt in his years as sole Dictator.

Infact at the end of the Empire around 475 A.D. the Roman Empire and Europe looked nothing like it did when Ceasar was last Dictator in 44 B.C.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:49 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,745,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joehornsuporter View Post
Look at above post.Who said he was black?
no black, but he was Semitic, not Caucasian. Jews from that times looked like nowadays Arabs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History