Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 02:23 AM

42 posts, read 32,403 times

Advertisements

Of course all wars are bad and never once ultimately needed if it weren't for egos and pride getting in the way. But, In particular, those wars that were ultimately decided by, and led by POS war hawks such WWI, Koren War, Vietnam, the Iraqi War. In none of those wars was there any "greater good" to be achieved, and yet from the beginning they were started by very short-sighted, warmongers that cared far more about their own egos and selfishness than any of the lives that were affected. They could not care less how many kids would suffer and die or by extension those families.

When I watch documentaries about various wars it's especially sad those that were barely adults - some even underage but got in anyway and were still just kids for all intents and purposes, that ended up suffering and dying just because of all the stupid war hawks that were MUCH older who would just have a straight up orgasm over hearing the word "war", while great for them, knew THEY would never have to likely be the ones in the trenches, or out in the dense jungles with THEIR butt on the line.

It's really all so tragic and it's horrible how old people are so easily capable of non nonchalantly sending kids and others toie d for their own selfish and egotistical needs. Every young person in war deserves to live far more than any of these old people that make decisions do.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:06 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
I feel worst for those who died in WWI. It was a horrific war where an entire generation of men were simply terminated on an industrial scale in a conflict that was caused by nothing other the egotism and arrogance of the European ruling classes.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweekansas View Post
Of course all wars are bad and never once ultimately needed if it weren't for egos and pride getting in the way. But, In particular, those wars that were ultimately decided by, and led by POS war hawks such WWI, Koren War, Vietnam, the Iraqi War. In none of those wars was there any "greater good" to be achieved, and yet from the beginning they were started by very short-sighted, warmongers that cared far more about their own egos and selfishness than any of the lives that were affected. They could not care less how many kids would suffer and die or by extension those families.

When I watch documentaries about various wars it's especially sad those that were barely adults - some even underage but got in anyway and were still just kids for all intents and purposes, that ended up suffering and dying just because of all the stupid war hawks that were MUCH older who would just have a straight up orgasm over hearing the word "war", while great for them, knew THEY would never have to likely be the ones in the trenches, or out in the dense jungles with THEIR butt on the line.

It's really all so tragic and it's horrible how old people are so easily capable of non nonchalantly sending kids and others toie d for their own selfish and egotistical needs. Every young person in war deserves to live far more than any of these old people that make decisions do.
So it is okay for you to be judge, jury and executioner for those *old people who do not deserve to live*?
How in the world would you know if anyone had an orgasm because of what they hear.
You are entitled to your opinion however, stating it as opinion and stating it as fact are two different things and if you would do a bit more research you would find out why the wars were started.
Also, if you are so emotionally drained by such documentaries perhaps a better choice for your television
is to turn it off or find Scooby Doo plays a song with the Monkees....

Old 02-07-2017, 07:42 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:

Just sing "Kumbayah" to yourself several times and you will feel much better...

Old 02-07-2017, 12:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:

On the bold, I dare say that there actually were some wars throughout the history of humanity that actually were needed or were fought for something "good."

However, the rest of your post is odd to me. Do you think it is only "old people" who "send" kids to fight wars? How old are you? You sound like a kid yourself. Instead of watching documentaries read a variety of books (by real historians) about particular wars throughout the ages and made up your own view. I like documentaries but they many times are skewed a certain way, especially when they are about a political issue like a war. FWIW books can also be skewed, you should review multiple sources before coming to your own independent opinion.

But many times the "kids" want to go to war and depending on the time period a "kid" was considered an "adult" whereas today people say adults in their 20s are "kids."

Old 02-07-2017, 02:26 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,357,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, I dare say that there actually were some wars throughout the history of humanity that actually were needed or were fought for something "good."
I'd agree with this in the case of WW2.

What the common soldier went through in WW1 was criminal; yes, I feel sorrow for the deaths, and for the suffering that continued after the war through the effects of gas poisoning. An interest of mine is photographing war memorials, and seeing the ages of many of those who died - 18 to early 20s - really brings home the truth of the phrase 'The lost generation.'

Old 02-08-2017, 06:34 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:

It has always been the old that sent the young to war. I don't think it was ever nonchalantly.

In most wars the majority enlisted.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I feel worst for those who died in WWI. It was a horrific war where an entire generation of men were simply terminated on an industrial scale in a conflict that was caused by nothing other the egotism and arrogance of the European ruling classes.
...i feel worst for my brothers who died fighting beside me in Viet Nam..it was a horrific war where an innocent generation of boys were simply terminated in a conflict that was caused by the egotism and arrogance of the american ruling class...

...all wars are hell, there is no glory in war...anyone who thinks there is has never been in combat..

Old 02-12-2017, 07:00 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...all wars are hell, there is no glory in war...anyone who thinks there is has never been in combat..
This is worth repeating.

I don't see why the pain, suffering and misery of someone at Valley Forge, or during the Normandy breakout, should be any less than someone at Hue or Fallujah just based on the popularity or consensus wisdom (or lack thereof) of such campaigns.

That idea has more to do with the happy face the public back home wants to put on wars deemed necessary and wise. And before the peanut gallery starts popping off about pacifism-this and pacifism-that, I certainly do think some wars are necessary. But it does not follow that we therefore stifle our acknowledgment of what that necessity means.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:33 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
I'm in awe of any veteran, especially any combat veteran. War deaths are tragic, but I also feel for the veterans who survive and come back home with disabilities, including PTSD. I'm hoping the Trump administration will fulfill it's promise to take better care of these brave men and women. In the meantime, there are worthy charities that we can give to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History