Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 02:15 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,986,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Probably President Andrew Shepherd as portrayed by Michael Douglas in "The American President" movie
: Or Harrison Ford in "Air Force One".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 02:34 PM

651 posts, read 415,931 times
My opinion as a foreigner: without any doubts John F. Kennedy. Young, sure, charming

Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,540,027 times
The generic stand-in president from Earthworm Jim.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:04 PM

736 posts, read 456,076 times
Barak Obama.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
I'm secure enough in my masculinity to answer that I am not afraid to see that other men might be handsome. Only a homophobic man would be "too manly to do that" !

So, I think JFK was a handsome, sophisticated man, as is Barack Obama.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:00 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Haha...Its my sister's question and she wrote an article on "looks and authority". Not even this?:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=jf...HWC_UQ_AUICigB

EDIT: Also as men, I've never met a man who will publicly proclaim that a man is good looking be it Brando or Steve Mcqueen. I understand!
If a straight guy is secure enough in his skin he would have no issue admitting another guy might be handsome or whatever but normally only if quizzed on it by a woman (but you'll get very few to say a guy is "sexy".....it's not in our way of thinking - that's a gay guy thing). It's not a topic that would ever come up between straight guys....not predominately out of insecurity but just because it's something that really isn't thought about or in the mindset of most dudes. I mean, either subconsciously or whatever we know when a guy is perceived as "good looking" but we see it as that person is good looking to a woman...if that makes sense.

As far as men not publicly proclaiming that other men are attractive, Penn Jillette (who is straight) did comment in his book on the best looking guy (well, actually "human being") he had ever seen - Paul Newman. From his book:

"Paul Newman is the most attractive human being I have ever seen in person. I saw him live and realized the camera was not kind to him. The camera made him uglier."

While I agree it doesn't happen often, it'll sometimes happen when a guy calls another guy "Hollywood" or "Fabio", etc.....not directly proclaiming the other guy is attractive but using a moniker that implies good looks.

Last edited by luckyram; 03-20-2018 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-20-2018, 04:41 PM

532 posts, read 446,138 times
Since it's just for fun

I'll be brave and go with Trump....as long as he is photo shopped out of the picture and Hope Hicks is left.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Ronald Reagan in his late 20's. Didn't care for his movies or his presidential decisions. This is though about how he stood tall with confidence and a strangeness.....plus he was preparing this nation for the bonzo who is in office now.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:07 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
EDIT: Also as men, I've never met a man who will publicly proclaim that a man is good looking be it Brando or Steve Mcqueen. I understand!
How many men are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
OK I am confused....why would a hetero man be concerned about the "sexiness" of a any male, not to mention a 60+ year old long-dead male president wearing a powdered wig?

Is this a typo? Should it be "question for women"? Should it not be directed to a gay-specific forum?
The OP did not say 'sexy'.

What's the matter, are you afraid that if you consider the aesthetic qualities of another guy you'll turn 'gay'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
What an odd question. Surely no straight man has ever considered the physical attractiveness of presidents.

Any mentally well-adjusted individual, male or female, should have no issues appraising the physical attributes of any other person, regardless of whether it is one of the opposite sex or their own.

I'm a guy, with no romantic/sexual interest in other guys, but I have no problems admiring the features of another guy. Likewise, my wife has no issues admiring other women. In fact, we often (usually when watching TV) point out guys or gals we think the other might find 'attractive' or who have 'impressive' features.

Same with horses, dogs, or cars. I don't know, seems like some folks might be a little insecure about their own sexuality.

I don't think I've seen pictures of *all* the past presidents, but of the ones I *have* seen, I think I'd have to say that JFK was the best looking.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:34 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,002,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
OK I am confused....why would a hetero man be concerned about the "sexiness" of a any male, not to mention a 60+ year old long-dead male president wearing a powdered wig?

Is this a typo? Should it be "question for women"? Should it not be directed to a gay-specific forum?
Mate competition? Respect? Objective analysis? Different perspective? They don't have to be concerned about it to analyze it.

I got to give it to Franklin Pierce. Looks like a serious, brooding lead singer of some obscure band. Reminds me a little of Oscar Wilde or a young Jack White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History