U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

2,690 posts, read 2,954,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I didn't like your post. Is it okay if I have you beaten with iron bars as a response?
Re-rod is a thin rod of steel, not a thick iron bar or lead pipe, it's about 1/4 inch thick, and not much different than what Singapore rolls out for you when you get a caning. My post didn't have long hair, and it wasn't out on a street corner making trouble, so no, beating me would be improper, but giving me a Babe Ruth candy bar might be appropriate, for taking a big swing. It's Saturday night, bet you have a flash mob to attend or something?

Everyone knows the press loved JFK even tho he was under qualified to be president. His father, Joe, spent money like it was water to crush Humphrey in the primaries, Humphrey had a bus to campaign in, John had a private jet his daddy bought him. Joe bought all kinds of good press for his son. Nixon was so much more qualified to be president in 1960, so sad how the glamor boy won on his good looks and money. I might admit before that election, the press may have been more balanced than I thought, but Eisenhower was a special case, he was not even sure which party he was going to join for the 1952 election. He was such an iconic figure from WW2, his party affiliation didn't matter much. Everyone knew he was Ike and whatever party he joined was not going to affect the way he governed the nation.

By the way, 2x3x29x41, I think you should abbreviate to 7134. Is that how long your hair is in centimeters? Don't be a nattering nabob.

Last edited by mofford; Yesterday at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

38,009 posts, read 17,806,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Re-rod is a thin rod of steel, not a thick iron bar or lead pipe, it's about 1/4 inch thick, and not much different than what Singapore rolls out for you when you get a caning. My post didn't have long hair, and it was not out on a street corner making trouble, so no, beating me would be improper, but giving me a Babe Ruth candy bar might be appropriate, for taking a big swing.
You didn't answer the question, you instead indulged in the above juvenile emphasis on peripheral aspects. Was it your notion that we would be distracted and not notice that you lacked the courage to answer the question?

Let me put it to you more simply. Would you find it acceptable that in response to an opinion you expressed, someone assaulted and injured you? Yes that is fine with you. No, it is not. Which?

Old Today, 03:13 PM

134 posts, read 24,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
By the way, 2x3x29x41, I think you should abbreviate to 7134. Is that how long your hair is in centimeters? Don't be a nattering nabob.
This pathetic attempt to shift the discussion to my username is merely a tacit admission that you have no cogent response to my points. Sadly, it is no more substance-free than your other 'contributions' to this thread.

PS - Your admiration-by-emulation of Nixon's running mate, a petty grifter and talentless hack who possessed all of his boss' faults and none of his virtues, is duly noted. Once again you demonstrate that you cannot help but revere every last thing decision Nixon made.

Old Today, 11:03 PM

8,597 posts, read 8,804,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
This pathetic attempt to shift the discussion to my username is merely a tacit admission that you have no cogent response to my points. Sadly, it is no more substance-free than your other 'contributions' to this thread.

PS - Your admiration-by-emulation of Nixon's running mate, a petty grifter and talentless hack who possessed all of his boss' faults and none of his virtues, is duly noted. Once again you demonstrate that you cannot help but revere every last thing decision Nixon made.
Mofford's post is disgusting in many ways.

He has suggested the students at Kent State deserved to be shot because of their stance against the Vietnam War. I have no desire to debate with a lunatic. I think though that those reading this thread ought to be aware of some facts about the Kent State shooting. Two of the students killed were not participating in any political demonstration at all. They were simply on their way to class when they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The idea that the National Guard was attacking in self defense when its soldiers killed the four students is a ludicrous one when the facts are examined. The nearest any of the students who were killed were to the National Guard soldiers was about 300 feet. None of the students were armed. The shooting was indefensible as the soldiers should never have been issued bullets.

Many things that happened in this historical period were unjustified. Yet, they were swept under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or