U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 09:32 AM

7,435 posts, read 6,913,320 times

Advertisements

If you read further, you'll find that his young female assistant may have also fudged her qualifications for the job.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ctroplati.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 10:01 AM

5,121 posts, read 1,797,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
"They're dead, Jim!"

"But not as we know it!"

Star Trekkin' Lyrics

Old 02-04-2019, 12:25 PM

1,551 posts, read 1,461,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
If you read further, you'll find that his young female assistant may have also fudged her qualifications for the job.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ctroplati.html
I just read the same in another article.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:19 PM

1,569 posts, read 629,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I never heard about this either & can't say too much more w/o revealing my own ID, but I came to know of this when a chemist contacted me just last month. He actually wrote an article about it on his science history website & about my specific family. He must be in his 90s himself because I was shocked he was still alive.

She never had any children. Technically there's one last living sibling left (out of several), so she'd be in line to get any money. I don't know if she ever knew about this, but if she did, she wouldn't tell me about it.

Company's been blown up...killed 17 (my aunt & her boss included on that day), injured 150. Even disturbed homes in the nearby area too.

Maybe I'll PM you.

Thanks a lot! Actually, a university law professor I contacted said generally, damages for an incident like this must be filed w/i 2 yrs of the incident, but that I should speak w/ a local personal injury attorney to get his or her opinion. So he didn't say all hope was lost.
I thought it was the Monsanto one in 1947 but that killed over 500. Let it go. It has been far too long to do anything about it and all the people involved are either dead or close to it. Some things are just better left alone.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:37 PM

281 posts, read 54,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoplasmic View Post
Yep. I love since he says he doesn't want to reveal which one, then, posts a picture that takes 5 seconds to image search :-)
You don't need to image search. It's clearly titled with the name of the company and the date. Kinda explains why he might have been a victim of identity theft...

Last edited by jmcahacker; 02-04-2019 at 04:03 PM..

Old 02-04-2019, 04:19 PM

4,799 posts, read 7,760,934 times
OK everyone, thanks for the comments, I'm pretty much done w/ this thread. Again, I'll research for my own personal interest, collect/save some articles & info, & that's it.

I contacted that chemist who reached out to me that he wrote the article about my specific family & the explosion incident. He wanted to really know what happened to my grandfather, which I couldn't tell him much. He might help me locate a book about the explosion, which would be an interesting resource to keep.

So, it ends. The last I'll say is that I wish I had known my aunt who passed & even my grandfather on my father's side of the family. Perhaps, I'll see them in heaven whenever I pass.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM

20,296 posts, read 13,607,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
With a little luck, whatever chemical company this was back then, was either merged with or bought out by Monsanto, and now you can go after them for... BILLIONS.
Nah. Won't ever happen. It's been too long a time.

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

8,707 posts, read 8,883,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Hopefully, someone can help guide me in the right direction regarding if anything can be done regarding receiving some kind of justice & compensation.

My aunt was killed in a chemical explosion back in the 1940s while she was at her job site. She was in her early 20s. Her boss was responsible for this. He lied about his education, credentials, etc. to get his job. There's plenty of proof online about this...countless articles, photos, and even a book written about this tragedy that I'm trying to find/obtain. I know boss' name, the name of the company she worked for, the address, etc. I just learned of all these articles, etc.

Is there here anything at all I can do to pursue this and if so, who can I contact? (My father has passed away a few years ago now and there are no other relatives of mine to ask about this.)
No. By any measure at all all the statutes of limitation would have run.

I also question if you have any standing to pursue a claim on behalf of an aunt.

Old Today, 07:55 AM

9,774 posts, read 20,678,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
No. By any measure at all all the statutes of limitation would have run.

I also question if you have any standing to pursue a claim on behalf of an aunt.
There already was many lawsuits. Reread the thread. We posted links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or