U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

4,757 posts, read 7,741,724 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, someone can help guide me in the right direction regarding if anything can be done regarding receiving some kind of justice & compensation.

My aunt was killed in a chemical explosion back in the 1940s while she was at her job site. She was in her early 20s. Her boss was responsible for this. He lied about his education, credentials, etc. to get his job. There's plenty of proof online about this...countless articles, photos, and even a book written about this tragedy that I'm trying to find/obtain. I know boss' name, the name of the company she worked for, the address, etc. I just learned of all these articles, etc.

Is there here anything at all I can do to pursue this and if so, who can I contact? (My father has passed away a few years ago now and there are no other relatives of mine to ask about this.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

20,088 posts, read 13,201,813 times
Well, who would be getting compensation? You? Her children?

Is the company still intact?

Who would be responsible, if it is not?

What is the expiration of liability in your state?

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,296,011 times
Is her boss still alive ?
I'd be interested in reading about this, could you provide some info such as the name of the company and where it happened ?

Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM

12,363 posts, read 7,883,680 times
Let it go.
(God, I am glad I don't have a distant relatives who used to run a chemical plant in the 40's before I was born)

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

5,131 posts, read 1,700,935 times
This is almost certainly beyond all statutes of limitation and I'd guess that nearly all parties to the incident are dead.

Solve it the other way: write the story up and get it published at as high a level as you can manage. There are history and true-crime writers who would pounce on something like this and give it national exposure.

11,135 posts, read 4,494,720 times
Is this also the legal forum? Who knew?

12,363 posts, read 7,883,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Is her boss still alive ?
I'd be interested in reading about this, could you provide some info such as the name of the company and where it happened ?
A young boss in the 40's would have been born in 1910. He would now be 108.

Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

4,196 posts, read 3,085,614 times
Wrongful death statute of limitations have long passed.

Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

10,624 posts, read 10,620,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Is this also the legal forum? Who knew?
No. City-Data doesn't have a legal forum. As a general rule, people are advised that legal advice offered on an Internet forum probably should not be relied on.

I don't recall reading about this incident. While the Statutes of Limitations have almost surely passed, it might still be interesting to discuss.

OP, tell us about what happened.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

35,737 posts, read 43,916,423 times
The past is full of injustices that will never be corrected.

I had great grandparents killed or injured by a hit and run driver, way back around 1930, as they walked home from a trolley stop. I wished I could have had this cold case opened. There couldnt have even been very many cars on the road back then, but I realized it was way too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or