Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 07:08 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,616,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
beauties where exactly are they ..
It has been a while, but the site is a tourist park with a castle and other attractions. I believe it was in County Clare, east of Ennis. I took a side trip there, after passing through Ennis. I do not remember the name of the park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 07:44 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
It has been a while, but the site is a tourist park with a castle and other attractions. I believe it was in County Clare, east of Ennis. I took a side trip there, after passing through Ennis. I do not remember the name of the park.
Must have missed this as weve been all over Ireland .. did you get to Cong.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Must have missed this as weve been all over Ireland .. did you get to Cong.
No. We are making the typical mistake I imagine a lot of first time visitors to Ireland make and trying to see too much in too little time.

I did get to Knowth and Newgrange, the Hill of Tara, Clanmacnoise, the Burren and Cliff of Moher and Cashel, plus a day on the Ring of Kerry. It was a very fun trip, but we missed a lot and did not get to relax at all.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
No. We are making the typical mistake I imagine a lot of first time visitors to Ireland make and trying to see too much in too little time.

I did get to Knowth and Newgrange, the Hill of Tara, Clanmacnoise, the Burren and Cliff of Moher and Cashel, plus a day on the Ring of Kerry. It was a very fun trip, but we missed a lot and did not get to relax at all.
Oh you seen things then that we didnt .... as you say it takes a few visits to get all over Ireland and NI.. we started in Northern Ireland and covered each county in three visits of a week each time. hard going though as we drove miles each day. on later visits we did the South did Achille Island while on the West coast.. beautiful place... and would go back if it wasnt for my wee dog as I wont leave him and wont take him over in the ferry as he isnt allowed to stay with us... and would be crated..not worth it... but one day maybe again..

Old 03-06-2019, 06:10 PM

If I ever get back to Ireland, I will plan my trip a lot differently. I would probably spend most or all of the time in the Kerry / Dingle area. The other option I would consider would be splitting the trip into two parts might work, with half in the Kerry / Dingle portion and the other half in some other part of Ireland like Sligo or something.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:41 AM

Quote:
If I ever get back to Ireland, I will plan my trip a lot differently. I would probably spend most or all of the time in the Kerry / Dingle area. The other option I would consider would be splitting the trip into two parts might work, with half in the Kerry / Dingle portion and the other half in some other part of Ireland like Sligo or something.
We rent cottages.. usually right centre of where we plan to travel to for visits each day..........First time we did it all wrong. we went to a gorgeous cottage in a place called Rouskey.. never thinking how far we would have to travel each day to see attractions , we spent a fortune on petrol that week.. so we learned from that not to rush and choose the pretty cottage with the hills in the background. although even to this day it was the best place weve stayed.. Ill show you..https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/the...ion.en-gb.html Lovely owners who lived just across the road but hardly saw them at all... our next place was Cushendall in County Anrtrim as we had some family with us this time and wanted to show them Giants Causeway etc.. ...nice town. Next was Banbridge. County Down. nice wee town with strange road...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banbridge where we went to visit the tiny Bronte museum... I didnt even know they came from that area... Next was Plumbridge. wasnt too impressed but good house we rented for the week... then Churchill in Ireland our first visit to this part.. visited Cong where The Quiet Man was filmed. beautiful wee town .in fact we have visited that town four times now... We also visited Bantry , Achille Island. Moneygall Obama town.. oh heres a good map to give you ideas. Im rambling on ..want to go back again.
https://www.ireland101.com/map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History