U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:37 AM

11,389 posts, read 4,641,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
whether true or not I dont know...but the man I saw on tv who was maybe in his later forties by then was Edwards double..
Wouldn't you just love to see a DNA test? I know I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:17 AM

15,025 posts, read 12,088,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Wouldn't you just love to see a DNA test? I know I would.
yes interesting stuff hahaha but that will be well hidden.. Edward had many flings with married women.

In 1917, during the First World War, he began a love affair with Parisian courtesan Marguerite Alibert (later Fahmy), who kept a collection of his indiscreet letters after he broke off the affair in 1918 to begin one with an English married woman, Freda Dudley Ward, a textile heiress.

Edward's womanising and reckless behaviour during the 1920s and 1930s worried Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin, King George V, and those close to the prince. Alan Lascelles, the prince's private secretary for eight years during this period, believed that "for some hereditary or physiological reason his normal mental development stopped dead when he reached adolescence".[39] George V was disappointed by his son's failure to settle down in life, disgusted by his affairs with married women, and was reluctant to see him inherit the Crown. "After I am dead," George said, "the boy will ruin himself in twelve months in saying that his father was disgusted by his affairs, didnt his father also have many lady friends too...

Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 PM

29,342 posts, read 46,294,998 times
Well, the King nailed it I think

And there is strong theory that one of the Royal Princes (the king’s brothers I guess) was Jack the Ripper
Think that has been proven a false premise
But people still trot it out

The idea that David’s (his family’s name for him) stopped developing when he was an adolescent is not that surprising—he didn’t have a rational upbringing—
He rarely saw his parents except for state occasions or programmed meetings
His life had no basis of reality—and he basically was worshipped as the heir apparent
It is easy to blame HIM when he was raised in some weird hot-house of privilege and unfair standards...

That is something Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip tried not to do with Prince Charles—
He had a very strict, un-pampered upbringing that was worse in some ways than Duke of Windsor’s
And we all know he too had affairs...that didn’t help his marriage...

Old 03-07-2019, 05:52 PM

19,467 posts, read 12,739,365 times
Quote:
yes interesting stuff hahaha but that will be well hidden.. Edward had many flings with married women.

In 1917, during the First World War, he began a love affair with Parisian courtesan Marguerite Alibert (later Fahmy), who kept a collection of his indiscreet letters after he broke off the affair in 1918 to begin one with an English married woman, Freda Dudley Ward, a textile heiress.

Edward's womanising and reckless behaviour during the 1920s and 1930s worried Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin, King George V, and those close to the prince. Alan Lascelles, the prince's private secretary for eight years during this period, believed that "for some hereditary or physiological reason his normal mental development stopped dead when he reached adolescence".[39] George V was disappointed by his son's failure to settle down in life, disgusted by his affairs with married women, and was reluctant to see him inherit the Crown. "After I am dead," George said, "the boy will ruin himself in twelve months in saying that his father was disgusted by his affairs, didnt his father also have many lady friends too...

Ohh yes!

Queen Victoria's heir Edward VII, both as Prince of Wales and king had numerous affairs.

The womanizing and "bad" behavior started when the Prince of Wales was still rather young. One such famous incident caused his father (who was not well at time), Prince Albert to visit his son at Cambridge and deliver a verbal thrashing. Prince Albert died about two weeks later and Queen Victoria blamed the Prince of Wales for her beloved husband's demise. She never fully forgave the Prince of Wales, saying she couldn't gaze at him without "shuddering".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward...arly_adulthood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_VII#Marriage

One of Edward VII's mistresses was Alice Keppel, the great-grandmother of Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Keppel

George V was largely the opposite of his louche father. He and Queen Mary were basically "middle class" in values and mindset, which brought them great admiration and respect from the people. George V kept his tackle confined to the marriage bed by all accounts, so that was that.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Well, the King nailed it I think

And there is strong theory that one of the Royal Princes (the king’s brothers I guess) was Jack the Ripper
Think that has been proven a false premise
But people still trot it out

The idea that David’s (his family’s name for him) stopped developing when he was an adolescent is not that surprising—he didn’t have a rational upbringing—
He rarely saw his parents except for state occasions or programmed meetings
His life had no basis of reality—and he basically was worshipped as the heir apparent
It is easy to blame HIM when he was raised in some weird hot-house of privilege and unfair standards...

That is something Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip tried not to do with Prince Charles—
He had a very strict, un-pampered upbringing that was worse in some ways than Duke of Windsor’s
And we all know he too had affairs...that didn’t help his marriage...

Only "affair" Prince Charles had during his marriage was to returning to Camilla Parker-Bowles. Something anyone with an ounce of sense knew would happen sooner or later.

Like his uncle the Duke of Windsor; Prince Charles was in love with a woman who was deemed "unsuitable" to be a future queen, so he was told to look elsewhere. While doing this for most part still kept up with CPB, something apparently everyone at court and society circles knew, but however the extent of things wasn't known to HM, that is until someone sat her down and broke the news.

Memories of the abdication crisis were still fresh when Princess Elizabeth came to the throne. Same also when her heir was born and reached his teenaged/young adult years.

Only the rise in republican sentiment during WWI (which lead among other things to the wholesale abandonment of the RF's German background, and leaving the Romanovs to be slaughtered in Russia), shook the British monarchy deeper in recent memory.

Just as with Victoria's heir, getting a Prince of Wales to marry is one thing; stopping his philandering is quite another. Everyone was expecting Lady Diana as Princess of Wales to play along same game as Princess Alexandra. Problem was no one bothered to tell Diana this, and the results played out for God and world to see,

All this being said Prince Charles has never been happier since married to CPB. For their parts HM, the RF and their handlers learned some very important lessons. Results paved the way for Diana's sons to marry women they loved and wanted, not just who were deemed "suitable". This includes an African-American middle aged divorced woman who is a former actress.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:47 PM

18,963 posts, read 18,063,822 times
Quote:

Could it be due to the mumps epidemic that was said to have made him sterile and affected his hormonal development? I wonder if he was a masculine type boy before that.

Although this article says it was a measles epidemic. As far as I know, measles doesn't make men sterile. Although this article also says he was not developed as a man.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Edward-VIII-have-any-children

I, too, would love to see the DNA test. Maybe he just wasn't physically developed but was not sterile after all.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:26 PM

Oh I don't know...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...amstress--and/

Another take on things: https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-26766286.html

More tittle-tattle:

"Then there is the Wallis Simpson saga, the most famous of them all, for which de Vries claims new, hot revelations. The Prince of Wales's (later Edward VIII) obsession with the married Simpson had much to do with the sexual techniques she observed in Shanghai brothels, but even more was the impact from Nannie Green, who slapped him as a baby when he cried, then masturbated him to give him pleasure, thus turning him into a masochist demanding spanking and humiliation as part of sexual arousal. On top of that, the dominating Simpson even looked like Nannie Green. The cream on the cake, as it were. And worse. ''Mumps orchitis stunted his growth, leading to erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation,'' de Vries reports matter-of-factly."

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...712-21wwo.html

"Nanny Green" is the name of the first woman employed by the York household to care for their children. By all accounts she was either piece of nasty work, an mentally unstable woman who had been deserted by her husband, and or a combination of all of the above.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...gs-true-trauma

Queen Mary wasn't exactly the most kind and loving mother either: https://rebeccastarrbrown.com/2018/0...y-edward-viii/

Old 03-08-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Only "affair" Prince Charles had during his marriage was to returning to Camilla Parker-Bowles. Something anyone with an ounce of sense knew would happen sooner or later.

Like his uncle the Duke of Windsor; Prince Charles was in love with a woman who was deemed "unsuitable" to be a future queen, so he was told to look elsewhere. While doing this for most part still kept up with CPB, something apparently everyone at court and society circles knew, but however the extent of things wasn't known to HM, that is until someone sat her down and broke the news.

Memories of the abdication crisis were still fresh when Princess Elizabeth came to the throne. Same also when her heir was born and reached his teenaged/young adult years. thats of course if we believe all we read......https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-mistress.html

Only the rise in republican sentiment during WWI (which lead among other things to the wholesale abandonment of the RF's German background, and leaving the Romanovs to be slaughtered in Russia), shook the British monarchy deeper in recent memory.

Just as with Victoria's heir, getting a Prince of Wales to marry is one thing; stopping his philandering is quite another. Everyone was expecting Lady Diana as Princess of Wales to play along same game as Princess Alexandra. Problem was no one bothered to tell Diana this, and the results played out for God and world to see,

All this being said Prince Charles has never been happier since married to CPB. For their parts HM, the RF and their handlers learned some very important lessons. Results paved the way for Diana's sons to marry women they loved and wanted, not just who were deemed "suitable". This includes an African-American middle aged divorced woman who is a former actress.
Charles was seeing Kanga and Camilla at the same time. they hated each other ....Kanga died just after Diana..

Old 03-08-2019, 04:24 AM

256 posts, read 27,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
She was Yoko before Yoko.
indeed, she had very little to do with it.

the beatles had loads of problems, and everyone had a convenient person to blame, though the guys from the band have pretty much defended her as not to blame.

she was diana before diana.

when britain has problems, the royals like to blame the family members they appreciate the least. sort of like the guy that thinks we dont have national unity because we dont say the pledge from the 1950s, the royals seem to think all of britains problems can be solved if their family members treat the leader of the family like a god. because her public image is the true banner of the nation. not even a fan of wallis, i dont even hate the royals (im sure i could find lots of reasons to.) politics has scapegoats-- maybe leave the poor woman alone.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
indeed, she had very little to do with it.

the beatles had loads of problems, and everyone had a convenient person to blame, though the guys from the band have pretty much defended her as not to blame.

she was diana before diana.

when britain has problems, the royals like to blame the family members they appreciate the least. sort of like the guy that thinks we dont have national unity because we dont say the pledge from the 1950s, the royals seem to think all of britains problems can be solved if their family members treat the leader of the family like a god. because her public image is the true banner of the nation. not even a fan of wallis, i dont even hate the royals (im sure i could find lots of reasons to.) politics has scapegoats-- maybe leave the poor woman alone.
its a discussion on a forum .. thats what we do ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or