U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 05:07 PM

53,747 posts, read 52,731,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Joe Kennedy was a pushy Irishman who made his money in whores and booze; then turned around using both money and (some) connections turned his family into some sort of American royalty.

Then it all fell apart....

If sins of the father are repaid upon the sons (and or daughters) then Kennedy clan has suffered in spades.

Assassinations, plane crashes, nasty and sorry private lives full of scandal, all have haunted the Kennedy family like a plague upon their house.
I remember reading that at the end of his life, after he'd suffered a major stroke, all he could say was "Noooooooo." Nothing else came out.

And Rose would leave him with the caregivers and merrily go out to play golf, probably thinking, "you got yours now, sucker".

Old 03-14-2019, 06:32 PM

19,526 posts, read 12,779,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I remember reading that at the end of his life, after he'd suffered a major stroke, all he could say was "Noooooooo." Nothing else came out.

And Rose would leave him with the caregivers and merrily go out to play golf, probably thinking, "you got yours now, sucker".

Remember when John Kennedy, Jr. died in that plane crash along with his wife and another passenger. That to my mind sealed things; the Kennedy clan was/is cursed.

That the father should have died young as he was and in such a violent manner was one thing; but to take the son as well seemed incredibly cruel.

Saving grace in it all was that Jackie Kennedy was gone when it happened. To bury one's husband is bad enough, but no mother should live to see their child put into their grave. This after Jackie (supposedly) married that oily Greek Onassis and or made it her life's work after JFK died to protect her children. She succeeded I suppose in keeping assassins away; but in the end death still claimed her son far too early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 01:58 AM

15,115 posts, read 12,115,341 times
Quote:
Remember when John Kennedy, Jr. died in that plane crash along with his wife and another passenger. That to my mind sealed things; the Kennedy clan was/is cursed.

That the father should have died young as he was and in such a violent manner was one thing; but to take the son as well seemed incredibly cruel.

Saving grace in it all was that Jackie Kennedy was gone when it happened. To bury one's husband is bad enough, but no mother should live to see their child put into their grave. This after Jackie (supposedly) married that oily Greek Onassis and or made it her life's work after JFK died to protect her children. She succeeded I suppose in keeping assassins away; but in the end death still claimed her son far too early.
John Jr its said was a decent man.. and his mother made sure that him and his sister were brought up away from the Kennedys after their dad was assassinated.....I sometimes wonder about John s sad death in his own plane... His marriage it seems wasnt as rosy as all thought.. His wife was having an affair with a Calvin Klein model for some time and he had to coax her to fly with him to a wedding theyd been invited to....According to his wife friend she didnt want to go but gave in and went with him.........which makes me wonder if it was really an accident or did his plane go down in the water near Marthas Vineyard........we ll never know.... but its said he was unhappy with his marriage.... I also visited Kathleen Kennedys grave in Edensor , a beautiful village where her grave stone is almost missed as quite small... she died tragically the same way as John Jr. in a plane crash going to visit her father for her permission to marry...very tragic family.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Rose was just a baby machine for him..... and yes she might have thought exactly that in the end.....

Old 03-15-2019, 07:10 AM

11,751 posts, read 17,214,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
John Jr its said was a decent man.. and his mother made sure that him and his sister were brought up away from the Kennedys after their dad was assassinated.....I sometimes wonder about John s sad death in his own plane... His marriage it seems wasnt as rosy as all thought.. His wife was having an affair with a Calvin Klein model for some time and he had to coax her to fly with him to a wedding theyd been invited to....According to his wife friend she didnt want to go but gave in and went with him.........which makes me wonder if it was really an accident or did his plane go down in the water near Marthas Vineyard........we ll never know.... but its said he was unhappy with his marriage.... I also visited Kathleen Kennedys grave in Edensor , a beautiful village where her grave stone is almost missed as quite small... she died tragically the same way as John Jr. in a plane crash going to visit her father for her permission to marry...very tragic family.
Oh no, not at all.

I liked John Jr, as much as I knew him, which was as one of many casual observers in New York (i.e. not at all). He carried himself with class and had great style- a nice mix of old and new school. He was a different character than the rest of that elitist tribe.

But he was still a Kennedy. And the Kennedy culture is one of machismo and recklessness. The examples are many and you probably know most of them. His plane trip was his contribution to the family lore. And like many before him, he paid with his life.

Some say the Kennedys are cursed. They are- with Recklessness.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:

That would have been Michael Bergin:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2003...-drugs-scandal

Guy is still around and apparently *very* happily married, which is more that can have been said for the John Kennedy, Jr. mari et femme.

https://articlebio.com/michael-bergi...d-relationship

Old 03-15-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Rose was just a baby machine for him..... and yes she might have thought exactly that in the end.....
To be fair that is what things boiled down to for most if not all Irish Catholic wives then and until really rather recently. You probably could add German, Italian and a few other European groups to that list as well. Frenchwomen however long ago seemed to lose interest in producing babies just because the state wanted or whatever.

At least Rose Kennedy and other lace curtain Irish of her set were amply rewarded for their troubles. The woman never had to worry about money, and moved in social or other circles her mother or grandmother never would have gotten near.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM

Quote:
That would have been Michael Bergin:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2003...-drugs-scandal

Guy is still around and apparently *very* happily married, which is more that can have been said for the John Kennedy, Jr. mari et femme.

https://articlebio.com/michael-bergi...d-relationship
what an interesting read thank you..

Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM

Quote:
what an interesting read thank you..
Yes, it all is rather, isn't it?

Remember the whole Calvin Klein male "supermodel" or whatever era. That either Mark Wahlberg and or Michael Bergin managed to avoid Mr. Klein's casting couch we all shall never know. *LOL*

Whatever went on between Mr. Bergin and Mrs. John Kennedy, Jr.; the man seems to have settled down into a happy marriage of his own afterwards confining his tackle strictly to the marriage bed. Am sure this is not for want of many a scheming female (or male for that matter) wont of trying; but the guy seems quite happy being a family man.

Reading excerpts from that tell all book it does seem Mr. Bergin sorted himself out. Running around with another man's wife; even if she is the one doing the chasing never ends well.

https://buffalonews.com/2004/04/05/j...ife-of-jfk-jr/

Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM

5,748 posts, read 5,060,666 times
You are really playing down the condition of Rosemary. Learning disabilities? A bit more than that, quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or