U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 02:44 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,015,117 times

Advertisements

...i'm a huge history buff and have a penchant for crawling down rabbit holes...

i stumbled upon some work of Anatoly Fomenko and Gleb Nosofsky, a couple of russian mathematician, who seem to think that a huge part of our history has been, don't want to say 'faked' but has many, many factual errors. i'm just starting to dig into their research.

wondering if anyone has read any of their material, or thoughts on it....don't know if i buy it but it sure is thought provoking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 04:23 PM

17,398 posts, read 52,942,314 times
I want some of their vodka. Obviously they missed the lizard people living under London and L.A.

Some of the Russians have regularly had great fun making up outrageous stories and then shipping them west for consumption. Their UFO stories are entertaining as well.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 PM

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" A. Einstein

...thank you for your well thought out input...

Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 PM

17,398 posts, read 52,942,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" A. Einstein

...thank you for your well thought out input...
ROTFLMAO!

OK sport, research in detail how the west of the current U.S. was a part of the Russian superiority and influence prior to the Spaniards.

Get back to us; enquiring minds want to know...

An open mind still has filters. If not, GIGO.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:32 PM

hey, having an open mind is the key....!

Old 03-06-2019, 07:36 PM

461 posts, read 190,746 times
Quote:
...i'm a huge history buff and have a penchant for crawling down rabbit holes...

i stumbled upon some work of Anatoly Fomenko and Gleb Nosofsky, a couple of russian mathematician, who seem to think that a huge part of our history has been, don't want to say 'faked' but has many, many factual errors. i'm just starting to dig into their research.

wondering if anyone has read any of their material, or thoughts on it....don't know if i buy it but it sure is thought provoking

im a history fan myself and im interested if you have some links call me paranoid but as Nixon said even paranoids have enemies..

the topic i found interesting involves pre-historic things that seem to contradict main-stream science and people will not go out on a limb because it would thro all our history into question

i like to find "my own holes in theories" and dont follow authority well lol

Old 03-07-2019, 01:30 AM

6,376 posts, read 10,448,471 times
I could agree that there are a lot of distortions in history, largely due to bias, political agendas and retrojection to suit the purpose.

One example is the Europeans' tendency to project this "classical-medieval-renaissance" thing onto the rest of the world when it was actual quite local, a retrojection and, overall, not particularly impressive.

On the other hand, circumnavigation, industrialization, market-price mechanism on wide and deep scale, and technology are impressive.

Anyway these Fomenko and Nosofsky guys go way too far and seem to have their own axes to grind.

Still, it is healthy to doubt the mainstream interpretation of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
the topic i found interesting involves pre-historic things that seem to contradict main-stream science and people will not go out on a limb because it would throw all our history into question.
"Science"? Mainstream history, maybe.

Actually, "science" points to the possibility of civilizations full of very smart people well before the extant written record, possibly wiped out - perhaps even more than once - due to some combination(s) of geological, astronomical and social catastrophes. Even in the extant written record there are near misses and local destruction of civilizations, in many cases permanent.

I don't know if new scientific light on history in the period before extant written records would throw all our history into the question - we'd still be in the same boat today - but, among other things, it could help improve the way the mainstream understands extant ancient texts, again for the last several centuries distorted by European retrojection bias.

Whatever. You can always do it on your own.

Good Luck!

Old 03-07-2019, 05:35 AM

2,124 posts, read 770,719 times
Quote:
hey, having an open mind is the key....!
No, 'having an open mind' has nothing whatsoever to do with unsupported ideas that are contradicted by mountains of evidence. New Chronology is pseudoscientific nonsense. Waltzing in here and vaguely referencing it and then whining when nobody bites on that nonsense is as irrational as it is lazy.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:49 AM

...sorry folks....didn't mean to pizz all over your sub thread..thought someone out there might have looked into some of Fomenko's work...i'll leave you to yourselves

Old 03-07-2019, 07:28 PM

3,669 posts, read 1,324,295 times
Folsom Points. An observant slave-born cowboy said "Hmmm . .." and completely overturned the presumptions about when man first came to the Americas.

There are hidden facts not yet brought to view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History