U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 03:25 AM

16,910 posts, read 20,688,630 times

Advertisements

When I first herd of the attack on the WTC I was thinking: Could it be it was some crazy Vietnamese finally trying to get even with us?

All in all, I don't think it was a coincidence, but I do believe it was somehow karmic in nature, but I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 03:41 AM

10,695 posts, read 5,800,965 times
Part of it seems too much to be coincidence. On the other hand, however, if the terrorist attacks were planned to coincide with the invasion of Europe centuries ago, I'd imagine that such would've been pushed out in terrorist propaganda at the time. I doubt that those planning the attacks took that into account.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:56 AM

6,365 posts, read 10,436,540 times
Quote:
The significance of Sep 11th....
Some powerful faction in the United States, in connivance with allies in Saudi Arabia, staged a horrific bombing on US territory to "justify" and ram through Congress approval for various aggressive military action in and around the Oil Crescent.

Period.

So-called "Islam" is one among stage props, it makes good theater that sells tickets.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:59 AM

7,270 posts, read 2,193,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Some powerful faction in the United States, in connivance with allies in Saudi Arabia, staged a horrific bombing on US territory to "justify" and ram through Congress approval for various aggressive military action in and around the Oil Crescent.

Period.

So-called "Islam" is one among stage props, it makes good theater that sells tickets.
How to make the World's Policeman come? 9 1 1?

Is that what you mean here?

Old 03-15-2019, 08:37 AM

12,823 posts, read 8,095,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
...........How about October 10th? (732 - Muslim forces of the Umayyad Caliphate are defeated at Tours, which is now in northern France) Or July 15th? (1099 - The Crusaders captured Jerusalem, the second-holiest city in Islam, and massacred the inhabitants, Muslim and Jew alike) Or February 12th? (1502 - The Reconquista: by edict of Isabella, Muslims in Granada are forced to convert to Christianity)

Let's face it, probably most the dates on the calendar have some significant-to-Muslims importance in history.
But there is only one date at which the Islamic world reached its zenith. Sep 11, 1683.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:42 AM

53,786 posts, read 52,762,907 times
I got out of One WTC on September 11. A couple of hours after the attacks, I ran into a friend in midtown Manhattan, another survivor, whom I'd earlier thought was dead because she worked in the 80s, also in One.

We hugged and yelled "You're alive!" to each other, then we went and got a six-pack of beer and walked to the river to figure out how to get back to NJ.

And somewhere along that walk, I remember saying, "You know, I bet the terrorists did it today as a sick joke--911, like the emergency number."

I still think that was the case.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 03-15-2019 at 09:21 AM..

Old 03-15-2019, 12:32 PM

547 posts, read 223,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

Period.

And yet, that "powerful faction" has not yet been found. Change your tin-foil hat.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 PM

12,823 posts, read 8,095,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
And yet, that "powerful faction" has not yet been found. Change your tin-foil hat.
You can't stop the powerful faction people. I had lunch with one today; he remains a good friend.

Pearl Harbor; JFK; 9/11; Justice Scalia .. it goes all the way back to the suicide of Meriwether Lewis (Lewis & Clark)

Old 03-15-2019, 03:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,843,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
So you're saying we don't live in a democracy anymore? Oh whatever, that's just a weird way of thinking. Do you also believe no one ever landed on the moon?

no. i want more funding for the space program

Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM

53,786 posts, read 52,762,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When I first herd of the attack on the WTC I was thinking: Could it be it was some crazy Vietnamese finally trying to get even with us?

All in all, I don't think it was a coincidence, but I do believe it was somehow karmic in nature, but I could be wrong.
That's amusing. Don't think I ever heard that one before.

Eh, the WTC was a known ME terrorist target since at least the mid-Eighties that I know of. It was attacked in 1993, threatened in the intervening years by ME terrorists, and then destroyed on 9/11. Seems reasonable to have thought that it was...ME terrorists.

Although, when the first attack happened, it occurred two weeks after a man with mob connections was shot behind the ear execution-style in the underground parking lot of the WTC. When I looked out the western windows to the area on West Street where the emergency vehicles always came after the building shook and the lights went out, there was a guy in a suit lying unconscious on the ramp to the garage. I thought maybe it was a car bomb a la The Godfather, and the mob was now using the WTC site to knock people off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or