U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:15 PM

4,360 posts, read 3,647,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedF0ster View Post
I firmly disagree,
You are on the wrong thread I think.

Old Today, 04:21 PM

4,360 posts, read 3,647,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
"The ships were defending convoys".

Just whose convoys do you think the Americans were defending? And that sounds neutral to you?

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...aval-war-53377
The US was not at war. It is easy to understand. The neutral convoys were doing trade.

Old Today, 04:34 PM

12,257 posts, read 18,390,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
How was India ripped off attacking Japanese in the country next door? Don't bother. FYI, India was a part of the British Empire.
I mean ripped off in the contributions to the war considerations, covering a topic we touched on in the first page. Yes of course they were part of the British Empire but they weren't English and, as today a proud independent country, deserve to be recognized seperatly. That chart did have a classification for India, but I don't think it was all inclusive. Many served in other British Asian colonies - Singapore, Hong Kong, etc...and in Europe and Africa.
I also indicated the same consideration should be given for Philipines troops who served under the US flag at the time.

Old Today, 04:35 PM

742 posts, read 251,195 times
As an aside, the graphic in the OP says the Soviets were part of the Axis up to June 42. That would have been a shock to German and Soviet soldiers shooting at each other in 1941.

Beyond that theres also the issue that the Soviets were never deemed part of the Axis even during the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact‘s duration. That pact was always highly limited in scope and nothing that could or would have been considered an alliance. Both the Nazi and the Communists leaderships always considered each other enemies.

Old Today, 04:43 PM

11,173 posts, read 10,989,569 times
This thread appears to be just another excuse to belittle the US.

We're not doing that, so the thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History