U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 05:14 PM

2 posts

Advertisements

I first want to ask this.

Why is it called the Dead Sea? Is there living fish and other sea creatures in the Dead Sea or maybe not at all? Who knows about the Dead Sea?

My second question is what about the Dead Sea scrolls.

What is the true history of the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls? How do we know these scrolls are authentic real and genuine? What did they do to prove their validity to especially Christians and Jews who maybe most interested in these Dead Sea scrolls?

What scrolls of the bible did they find? Were there books not found? Were there extra scroll writings there also?

How accurate are the ancient words on the Dead Sea scrolls? Where are these scrolls at today? Can others look at them at some kind of museum perhaps somewhere in the world?

Well just in general share what others here may know of the Dead Sea scrolls. If one has read about them plus also the Dead Sea also. Does it have life or not in that sea?. . What color is that sea? Is it blue green or anything else?

You don't have to answer all questions if you can't. Just try your best what you may know of the sea and also the scrolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:29 PM

78,562 posts, read 70,455,727 times
History of finding and translating the scrolls:

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a priceless link to the Bible's past

What material the scrolls cover (books of Hebrew Bible, Apocrypha, etc.):

https://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/le...t?locale=en_US

Old Today, 06:41 PM

40,844 posts, read 18,553,245 times
The Dead Sea is called the Dead Sea because its ultra high saline content, 9.6 times saltier than the ocean, makes it poisonous to flora and fauna. Life does not exist in the sea past the bacterial level.

Whenever a new poster appears asking questions about what has the scent of a homework assignment, I am reluctant to help out. Why don't you just Google the information?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls

Old Today, 06:48 PM

21,839 posts, read 14,349,419 times
In terms of accuracy, the scrolls are quite ancient, so I don’t understand your question. The scrolls were accidentally found by a shepherd who did not understand what he had found.

For many years, the scrolls were not accessible to most scholars. I believe the texts were finally released in facsimile so more scholars could study them.

If you are asking if they are what they purport to be—there is no reason I’ve heard of to doubt what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or