U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 PM

13 posts, read 1,189 times
Default Blonde hair blue eyed Mexicans

I was told there are certain towns in Mexico where the mexicans have blonde hair and blue eyes and are od total Spanish decent. Is this possible?

I know that during World War 2 there were German's who set up bases in Mexico planning to attack the US and they had relations with the women. So there are certain areas that have German influence.

I just have never heard of the blonde haired blue eyed true Mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 AM

2,256 posts, read 3,287,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outboard View Post
I was told there are certain towns in Mexico where the mexicans have blonde hair and blue eyes and are od total Spanish decent. Is this possible?
Actually, I've seen them. I've met Mexican nationals who were of more of a European decent , rather than the Euro/American Native mix that we see in most of Mexican people. I did some marketing in Cancun and ran across several. As far as the European nationalities go, you got Spain, France and yes maybe some German. I know the state of Chihuahua has over 50,000 Menonites of German decent who immigrated from Canada many many years ago. I also know that many of the Mexican Bier companies had originally German Brew Masters, and I'm convinced that is where the Mexican Ranchera music gets much of it's origins and sound from the old German Bier Songs and UmPah music. But again, who knows for sure. I'm only speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outboard
I know that during World War 2 there were German's who set up bases in Mexico planning to attack the US and they had relations with the women. So there are certain areas that have German influence.
I think what you may be refering to here is the German government trying to get Mexico to fight against the United States during WWI , not WWII. But I may be wrong. Perhaps you were connecting some kind of a LebensBorn Experimental Project with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourboard
There is actually a very active thread in the Mexican section on this very subject. I believe it is titled, "White Mexicans" and indeed they do appear to be a class unto themselves and for the most part , the ruling Elite party of Meixco.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 AM

957 posts, read 1,896,200 times
10% of Mexico are unmixed Spaniards. There are varying races in Mexico (even Blacks and Asians), just as there are in many nations, such as the U.S.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:35 AM

7,337 posts, read 10,190,509 times
Quote:

I do not see how you could not have. Mexico was settled by Spain, which while characterized by Caucasians with Latin features, certainly has its share of blond people as does Italy and even Arab countries.

Furthermore, Latin America has seen immigration from all kinds of places. Germans in Brazil, Italians in Argentina, Palestinians in El Salvador. Even Havana, Cuba boasts a Chinatown as well as a synagogue or two.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:48 AM

1,489 posts, read 1,004,402 times
Just look at you local Spanish TV stations. Most of the actresses are blond and blue eyed.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 AM

9,258 posts, read 10,851,197 times
The Spaniards have a lot of German in them from the Visigoths and Vandals.

About European influence on Mexican music and beer; there were many German and Bohemian engineers and managers in northern Mexico under the Diaz regime and they seem to have had quite a cultural influence.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:11 PM

13 posts, read 1,189 times
Very interesting. It's just hard to imagine Mexican areas where the people look like they could be from Sweden. That is what I was told once. I have looked into this and the people with caucasians features in Mexico mostly look like Antonio Banderas or Penelope Cruz. Both good looking people but not exactly Swedish looking. Even when you watch the Spanish tv channels you can still kind of see the Spanish features.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 PM

15,580 posts, read 9,302,328 times
Quote:
I was told there are certain towns in Mexico where the mexicans have blonde hair and blue eyes
And so? I can prove I wasn't even near the place at the time! You can't prove a thing!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,909,942 times
Mexicans tend to be dark haired, olive skinned, dark eyed. Most of them are descended from the Native Americans who used to live there.
Spaniards on the other hand are usually fair skinned, even blonde haired, and blue eyed.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:22 PM

17,178 posts, read 15,225,887 times
My parents lived in Chihuahua Mexico years ago and there were a large population of quakers farmers who migrated I believe in the late 1800's from the US. They are all very light skinned, spoke spanish and citizens of Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History