Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
They are only considered white if they:

1.) Like $7 cups of coffee at Starbucks
2.) drink wine and microbrews
3.) Have at least 2 black friends where you can talk about liking Obama, Tiger Woods, and the Williams sisters.
4.) Listen to M&M so you can claim to like rap music.
5.) eat sushi
6.) drive a Toyota Prius
7.) think Oprah represents black people
I wonder if Carlton was Greek - he fits all the other criteria...

YouTube - Best Carlton Dance Fresh Prince

Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
They are only considered white if they:

1.) Like $7 cups of coffee at Starbucks
2.) drink wine and microbrews
3.) Have at least 2 black friends where you can talk about liking Obama, Tiger Woods, and the Williams sisters.
4.) Listen to M&M so you can claim to like rap music.
5.) eat sushi
6.) drive a Toyota Prius
7.) think Oprah represents black people
OMG, you just described me on all your ponts!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,742 times
Are they considered white? By whom?
As I read through several posts, it would seem that there is a problem with the definition of "white". Much like the posts on another thread as to whether Barack Obama is "considered" to be Black.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,389,597 times
Sure millenia have passed since the Golden Age of Greece.
Since then, Greece like the rest of Europe has seen many people go through their territory and some settling. That said, some of that ancient blood still remains as some of the ancient cities had populations in the hundreds of thousands.
Who really is of a pure race/blood anyway now days.? You might find that only in some isolated areas in the world. For example, if one sais they are French, they could have Roman or even traces of the barbaric Huns in them! So go figure......

The Ottoman Empire is known for taking away young male children from their mothers so they could grow up and serve the interests of the empire.
So in those areas that the Ottomans ruled, even in modern day Turkey itself, you can find bloodlines from many of their conquered areas. You can find blond blue eyed Turks a people which originally were a dark mongoloid tribe from the depths of Asia!
Nevertheless, as the Greeks were the first to break away from that Empire in 1821, you can see that the younger generation is becoming blonder. Genetic characteristics of the past are resurfacing!
Overall, I would say that the Greeks have a mediterranean look to them one that is not that very distinctive. They are for sure "white"

Last edited by WildWestDude; 08-12-2008 at 04:34 AM..

Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
Mediterranian

He asked if they are white, not the origin! lol

Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM

321 posts, read 65,420 times
My boyfriend is greek, his skin is quite brown during the summer-months and it turns into white during the winter. His eyes are blue-green, but the strangest thing about him is: Our doc found in his blood marks of a black human... This can be found very, very rarely.
At least, I don´t care what he is - I love him just the way he is

Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggle3001 View Post
My boyfriend is greek, his skin is quite brown during the summer-months and it turns into white during the winter. His eyes are blue-green, but the strangest thing about him is: Our doc found in his blood marks of a black human... This can be found very, very rarely.
you sure it was a black ''human'' and not a non-human or alien.....lol

Old 08-12-2008, 02:03 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,389,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggle3001 View Post
I don't know how you got that, not saying its not true, but blacks have never been known to have settled in Greece. Perhaps one Greek female down his bloodline was too adventurous

Old 08-12-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
you sure it was a black ''human'' and not a non-human or alien.....lol
*lol* Well, sometimes I´m not quite sure whether he´s really out of this world

Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
I don't know how you got that, not saying its not true, but blacks have never been known to have settled in Greece. Perhaps one Greek female down his bloodline was too adventurous
This would explain his blue-green eyes, the rest of his family got the typical brown ones and never imagine his baby-hair was blonde while the rest is dark-haired *lol*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History