Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:16 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times

Advertisements

I started reading this thread and noticed that there is a lot wrong in what has been said.

Much discussion has been focused on two books, Case Closed and Best Evidence. There are over 400 credible books published about the assassination, and these are not two of the best. Six Seconds in Dallas and Accessories After the Fact are two good early books. Assassination Science came much later, but is a good unbiased book. Oswald Talked, False Witness, Rush to Judgment, High Treason, and many others also have good information. Crossfire is a very good book covering this subject and all of the Harold Weisberg books contain valuable information, although they are difficult to read. There are some really bad books, too. Broken Silence must be pure fiction and The Man on the Grassy Knoll has nothing to support its premise. Although fictional, Guns of the Regressive Right does describe a possible explanation for the events in Dealey Plaza.

If this subject is going to be discussed, I think it should be done with open minds and a good deal of information. There are many web sites where valuable information is available now. Look for the work of Mae Brussell, Fletcher Proudy and Vince Palmara and JFK Lancer.

There is a brief list of websites here The Assassination of JFK Websites

The previously mentioned McAdams site as a book list here: Recommended Books On the Kennedy (JFK) Assassination

I've read over 100 of the books available on the subject and I think this issue is much more complex that most of these posts indicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 10:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Personally; I believe that Oswald was the shooter afterall the investiagtion. If he was part of a conspiracy I don't see much evidence that points to that.So many theories seem to be caught up in disproving things to say that it proves the opposite is true.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:38 AM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Lee Oswald who was having lunch at the time.
Was he having a Cuban sandwich that day???

Old 10-31-2008, 10:51 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
Was he having a Cuban sandwich that day???
That was reported by some sources, others claimed he was eating Sicilian dishes, and at least one witness insisted it was veal orloff with a side of beef Stroganoff, washed down with a quart of vodka.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:49 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I've read over 100 of the books available on the subject and I think this issue is much more complex that most of these posts indicate.
Damn, that's alot of books, so I assume you must be believe there was a conspiracy. So tell us, what's your theory? And, this is a question I have to ask any of the Kennedy conspiracy theorists out there - how do you consolidate all the conflicting theories? Each one seems to contradict the other such that, when taken in whole, they make absolutely no sense at all unless you prescribe to one certain conspiracy "path" and dismiss the rest of the theories.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:26 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
I decided to go about it scientifically. I collected and read all of the conspiracy theory books and developed a consensus theory based on them. The obvious conclusion is that JFK was killed by the combined firepower of every single person in Dealy Plaza that day, with the singular exception of Lee Oswald who was having lunch at the time.
You are a rare bird Grandstander. You obviously know how to use your brain.

Story short, the JFK was killed becasue he was going to buck "the system" of established power. He sealed his fate when he gave a speech to the public in regards to secret fraternal orders that operate behind the Government. They are still here today; look at Obama's logo.

All you people laugh and mock conspiracy's and secret covert hidden groups but yet in JFK's last speech he clearly said it himself that it does indeed exist and that this is the source of all our problems. JFK also started the process of shutting down the Federal Reserve.

"With the stroke of a pen, Mr. Kennedy was on his way to putting the Federal Reserve Bank of New York out of business. If enough of these silver certificates were to come into circulation they would have eliminated the demand for Federal Reserve notes. This is because the silver certificates are backed by silver and the Federal Reserve notes are not backed by anything. Executive Order 11110 could have prevented the national debt from reaching its current level, because it would have given the government the ability to repay its debt without going to the Federal Reserve and being charged interest in order to create the new money. Executive Order 11110 gave the U.S. the ability to create its own money backed by silver." -
Cedric X

The Capstone That Killed JFK and The Speech That Sealed His Fate - Alan Watt

Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Morph:
Quote:
Story short, the JFK was killed becasue he was going to buck "the system" of established power. He sealed his fate when he gave a speech to the public in regards to secret fraternal orders that operate behind the Government. They are still here today; look at Obama's logo.

All you people laugh and mock conspiracy's and secret covert hidden groups but yet in JFK's last speech he clearly said it himself that it does indeed exist and that this is the source of all our problems. JFK also started the process of shutting down the Federal Reserve.
That JFK had political opposition does not distinguish him from any other president. Nor does the idea that there were people who hated him, establish that anyone in particular took lethal action against him.

What you are arguing is the equivalent of discovering that there were polticians who hated Sonny Bono, and concluding that his skiing accident was clearly no accident.

What is required is actual evidence. Someone who met with someone else, who enlisted the help of anyone else, and set up the assassination. Things are mechanical, they do not happen because someone wishes them to do so, they happen because there is a direct cause/effect chain established. Evidence of links in that chain, real evidence, is what is required. Names are required. Proof of exchanges of money or purchases of rifles or anything along those lines.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
You are a rare bird Grandstander. You obviously know how to use your brain.

"With the stroke of a pen, Mr. Kennedy was on his way to putting the Federal Reserve Bank of New York out of business. If enough of these silver certificates were to come into circulation they would have eliminated the demand for Federal Reserve notes. This is because the silver certificates are backed by silver and the Federal Reserve notes are not backed by anything. Executive Order 11110 could have prevented the national debt from reaching its current level, because it would have given the government the ability to repay its debt without going to the Federal Reserve and being charged interest in order to create the new money. Executive Order 11110 gave the U.S. the ability to create its own money backed by silver." - Cedric X

The Capstone That Killed JFK and The Speech That Sealed His Fate - Alan Watt

That's funy becuasee the one link between Kennedy that Oswald made was the link with oganized crime'the mofia;that he was uding to try and murder Castro.He seems more a part of the people in a click to do things outside of government circles and those things were even then crimes.Its like so many that try to rewrite the history of the vietnam involvement once it was over and he was dead.He sent in the first marines corps and that was the offical conbat action by US forces. Even the cuban miissle crsis in which we blinked and agreed to remove missles in europe that te soviets wanted was misreported as the russians blinking.You really have to wander what he had that made so many reporters scred to report the truth about him.The was a apple off his old man's cart.He was in the end a very reckless leader willing to do thing beyond the law frequently.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Morph:

That JFK had political opposition does not distinguish him from any other president. Nor does the idea that there were people who hated him, establish that anyone in particular took lethal action against him.

What you are arguing is the equivalent of discovering that there were polticians who hated Sonny Bono, and concluding that his skiing accident was clearly no accident.

What is required is actual evidence. Someone who met with someone else, who enlisted the help of anyone else, and set up the assassination. Things are mechanical, they do not happen because someone wishes them to do so, they happen because there is a direct cause/effect chain established. Evidence of links in that chain, real evidence, is what is required. Names are required. Proof of exchanges of money or purchases of rifles or anything along those lines.

You are smart man. Yes, you are right, and let me make it clear, JFK did rise to power from his dad who dealt with the mob; there is proof of that. But what most people don't realize is that there are powers ABOVE the mob and over Government officials, therefore, getting a hold of this evidence is not going to happen unless the general population strong arms the people who operate behind the government. Case closed.

Actually, let me make myself even clearer. For example, the head of the CIA and the Chief of police irrespective of there positions of power and the job they have to protect the people have an even greater fraternity that they are connected to. This fraternal network is OFF the market which is why evidence can easily misplaced or destroyed.

This hole logic of accumulating evidence to support a claim is only as good as the people who run the system. For example; a judge can be apart of this OFF the market fraternal organization and could get orders to throw the case out.

JFK went in to break up this Fraternal nexus, and by doing so he lost his life; same as all the rest who tried to do it. Let's not forget the 100+ people were killed that were somehow related to JFK or his movement.. People don't talk about that!!!!!

Ha, my mom use to say his family was cursed (because people were dying left and right) in a spiritual way. No, what the Kennedy's didn't understand was how powerful the people were that they were dealing with. This network runs the world out of England (the old world).

Last edited by Morphous01; 10-31-2008 at 07:11 PM..

Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I have my own personal take on that.

During the Garrison investigations in New Orelans, I was a TV news reporter at a New Orleans station. I knew Garrison, I knew Clay Shaw, I knew a lot of people who were scared.

I think there is a possibility that there was a conspiracy, and Garrison knew some of the particulars of it, and he himself was sacrificed in a plan to discredit the conspiracy idea. Which he did by creating this fabulous and contrived indictment of Shaw, whom Garison knew and hated from high school, and threw him under the bus as a phony scapegoat. Garrison and his handlers knew that if the whole conspiracy theory could be made to look absurd enough, it would be laid to rest forever, and nobody would ever again risk their reputation poking around trying to point to a second gunman, whom Garrison knew was real enough, and whom Gasrrison was protecting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History