Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,791,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: using just the Jews as the murdered; between 1/2 and 2/3rd's of them were spirited out of Nazi Germany prior to the Holocaust--------in many cases by the SS (quite a few individual SS members had Jewish friends and did what they could to save them). Said fleeing German Jews had a big hand in building up Tel Aviv in the 1930's..........apparently, quite a few of the Bauhaus crowd were part of that. The Nazi's hated the Bauhaus School of Design and ordered it closed in 1933.

Now: if discussing mass murders of Jews; the worst percentage wise occurred in places like Poland and Hungary due in large part to the complicity of the locals.
IU was not just te geran nazi's that sent jews to the gas chambers. The french nazi's were sending them upto the end and even complained about the germans not seeming interested toward the end before france fell. Then opf cou8rse their is the hugew numbers of eastern europeans worked and starved to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,515,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
IU was not just te geran nazi's that sent jews to the gas chambers. The french nazi's were sending them upto the end and even complained about the germans not seeming interested toward the end before france fell. Then opf cou8rse their is the hugew numbers of eastern europeans worked and starved to death.

this post makes me wonder as to what purpose it is serving and at whom it may have been directed, for answering ...

Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 AM

13,580 posts, read 15,637,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
But you just have watch documentaries about the Third Reich or movies like The Reader and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas to know we are in many ways no different to the male of the species.
Why even bother with The Reader or The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas? They are Hollywood dramas designed to make money, not present an account of history. BTW, notice Hollywood's obsecession with the "Holocaust", though I can't remember ever seeing one single mainstream film about the various Bolshevik genocides.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,463,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Why even bother with The Reader or The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas? They are Hollywood dramas designed to make money, not present an account of history. BTW, notice Hollywood's obsecession with the "Holocaust", though I can't remember ever seeing one single mainstream film about the various Bolshevik genocides.
I didn't say that they were an account of history - I was pointing out that these stories show that women were just as much an active part of the Third Reich as the men.

Someone did make the movie Katyn a couple of years ago but I don't think it was shown on wide release in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History