Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,087,713 times

Advertisements

I'd have to say that, in my personal life, Mark Franklin, an extremely fine piano player and singer in Dallas in the 1970s and 80s. I'm a professional musician and could not but admire his artistry, plus he was one hell of a nice guy.

Lesley Gore finally came out in recent years, although she'd been living with a partner for over twenty years. She is still singing, an is sadly underappreciated.

I think Ellen DeGeneris is wonderful! What a nice person.

I also admire Elton John, another very fine musicmaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 05:57 AM

261 posts, read 941,612 times
Default thanks for the memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'd have to say that, in my personal life, Mark Franklin, an extremely fine piano player and singer in Dallas in the 1970s and 80s. I'm a professional musician and could not but admire his artistry, plus he was one hell of a nice guy.

Lesley Gore finally came out in recent years, although she'd been living with a partner for over twenty years. She is still singing, an is sadly underappreciated.

I think Ellen DeGeneris is wonderful! What a nice person.

I also admire Elton John, another very fine musicmaker.
I am wondering if you were ever present at a show by the performer who went by the name Amazing Grace. This would have been very early 90's in Dallas. I was barely, or maybe not even legal yet, but I would go to a few different bars and was introduced to her and her amazing talents, pun intended. She was IMO the most beautiful black woman with a gorgeous body, an unmatched voice, and mad skills on the piano. I had such a crush on her. Then one day with a friend at the mall we ran into a guy who I thought was an acquaintance of my friend. As we walked away it was whispered to me that he was Amazing Grace.

It was my first time to have ever known a woman who was really a man and have my little heart crush broken. I still never let go fully of that crush and to this day I think very fondly of the time I spent in piano bars soaking up the ambiance of such an incredible entertainer and rooms full of other gays and lesbians. As a fledgling lesbian at the time I could not have been more blessed with such wonderful positive experiences to carry with me across this country to the places where it may not have been so great at times. Thank you Amazing Grace wherever you may be

Old 07-08-2009, 05:59 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,668,314 times
Christopher Lowell -- we painted out walls .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History