Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM

563 posts, read 929,799 times

Advertisements

14 words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 AM

10 posts, read 19,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
T I found this absolutely enthralling.
Why? Do you hate Whites as much as Tim Wise does? Shame! Wise is a hater.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:53 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
How about a rant on women's equality? Seems par to the points, so here I go.... OMG I bet this one gets me in the penalty box for a time out.

Women's equality, albeit a nice concept, has been largely a pile of horse manure. It was sold under the concept that women needed to be equal to men...which btw is not possible, just as a man cannot be equal to a woman. Men and women are different, each gender having skills natural to their gender. Sure some women can work construction and should be given opportunity without harrassment. But men on a construction site should not have to walk on pins and needles to do their job in a way that makes the day go by.

What did it accomplish? Two wage homes that have ZERO economic advantage to the former one wage, predominately male, model. Wow, what an accomplishment. The reality is that it has lowered the standard of living of millions of households. Women bought the idea and gave up their role within the family. Sure a man can be head of household, and he should have this option just as the female construction worker should have her option.

The cost is zero time for attending to ordinary aspects of life. Both spouses work, run around like headless chickens, and the children pay dearly. No time for meal making so eat carry out pizza. No time for house cleaning so hire a cleaner. No time for teaching children so hire a tutor. But does a tutor teach morals and ethics to your child?

We're sold this on an idea that women are equal. We give up civility in the process. Surely you've seen the female champion in the business world who is rewarded for being a complete antagonist (other word not being acceptable to the board) yet a male is not permitted such behavior. So another benefit is division within the work force. Double standards of acceptable behavior.

Then there is the woman's benefit. She believes she is a super worker, super mom, super spouse, and veritable SUPER PERSON. And she pays dearly through stress and a reduced standard of life. But she believes whole heartedly that she is benefiting by all of this.

I present that the women's equality movement is about much of the same that Mr. Wise speaks about. Yet the movement itself has done much the opposite that it intended.

Mr. Wise also demonizes whites, yet much of the same topic applies to minorities. He fails miserably in that he overlooks the urban blight that is caused by successful individuals moving out of the city and abandoning those of their same color in the process.

Then of course we have Mr. Eric Holder and his ridiculous comments...but I think I said enough about that in another thread.

The uber-rich are an insideous group and there's a thread about that too.
Very good post on women's equality! Now b/c of this my husband EXPECTS me to work Which I do, by the way.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:15 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,014,438 times
Tim Wise is right on. The truth hurts.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I dont know how you could ever prove or disprove this statement. But I think if you ever tried to publish results from any such testing you would be called racist,politically incorrect, ignorant and a few other choice names. Too bad too. Because I think that some peoples ARE less/more intelligent as a group than others.
You are 100% right. It is laughable to think otherwise, it has been proven time and time again.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 PM

900 posts, read 673,009 times
Gee, I wish you guys would list the more intelligent/less intelligent groups. Since I've labored all these years under the apparently false assumption that all people are pretty much the same, I'd like to know so that I can start making my judgements based on the race, or ethnic origin, or religion of people.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Yes, white people are a gentle lot. Just ask the Jews.
True, that's why white people make great serial killers.
All people are created equal, and that's where equality ends.
Intelligence is purely subjective.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:33 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Obviously White supremacy began when ethnic European divisions meant little in the New World - basically that's 2nd generation Americans and back. Before then it was all about what country you were from

Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
True, that's why white people make great serial killers.
All people are created equal, and that's where equality ends.
Intelligence is purely subjective.
Are you saying only white people are serial killers? Because that's complete BS.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Yes, white people are a gentle lot. Just ask the Jews.
Good point; I see "white people" beating up on Jews every day. And look at how oppressed they've been in this country - gasp

PS: do a little research into the history of African countries and get back to us. Or Japan. Or China. Or consider why Mexicans keep pouring into our borders in droves. Is it because they're treated so well in their own country?

etc etc etc.....funny how you omitted all that and focused right on evil ol whitey. Gee there's something new.

Please tell us you're trolling and not really this deluded.

Oh well, I'm surprised it took this long for the wheels to start rolling off of this thread and props to those few who reminded me I'm not the only one who gets it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History