Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:43 PM

990 posts, read 2,546,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Great points.

so mighty queen-what would you call the dead hours..? out of the dead hours...which would you think is the "Deadest hour"? ...

banger, makes sense...do tell of your ghost encounter...!

A close friend bought a house. While sitting in her kitchen in the company of my wife and our friend, all the lights on, (no alcohol), both my wife and myself saw what I think they would call a "vaporous apparition". Definitely a human form, definitely transparent, definitely there.

The story includes that her father had passed sometime earlier (close family).

Funny part is neither my wife nor I were scared. It had an almost comforting feel.

The form disappeared in front of our eyes. I have never seen it again but my wife has. Understand though, I am at the house much less often than my wife.

Now the SPOOKY story. Our friend has a nephew approx 3-4 at the time. To give the child somewhere to play, she took a small room and made it into a play room. The child wouldn't go into the room, because..."he saw the man's shoes". There are no males in the house!!!

Her father also wore distinctive orthopedic "wing tip shoes". now that gave me the "creeps".

Obviously, I will not convince skeptics, but it happened none the less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM

14,349 posts, read 14,165,853 times
Ghosts don't exist.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:28 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,702,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Ghosts don't exist.
Photos of ghosts: Here's the deal. Cameras work on the principle of light passing through the lens and focused onto the film. If the photographer can see a tree, but the camera shows an apparition standing in front of the tree, how come the light from the tree passed through the apparition into the photographer's eye, but not through the apparition into the camera lens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History