Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparaciii View Post
So there was nothing wrong with the fact that soviets attacked Finland?
From the point of view of "the big countries" it is correct and logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 PM

160 posts, read 342,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
From the point of view of "the big countries" it is correct and logical.
So it also was okay that nazis invaded neighboring countries?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
So it also was okay that nazis invaded neighboring countries?
Badly. Here to them have helped.

You on whose party??

Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
per OP
because of the 63 year gap --most americans do not understand the monster named 3rd reich nor what it was capable of doing.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM

160 posts, read 342,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
Badly. Here to them have helped.

You on whose party??
I'm not sure I understand your English but if it was okay that USSR attacked Finland, then it was okay that Germany occupied France.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Re : paparaciii
Had the right.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes well. With you to argue... You fly in the clouds. Trust in the information which has become outdated for a long time. And I learn other opening. I on a place where all occurred.
Which do attempt to explain event on other continent, leaning against the past of the USA. You have become outdated. All is not unequivocal .

Old 01-11-2010, 12:10 PM

900 posts, read 672,846 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand your English but if it was okay that USSR attacked Finland, then it was okay that Germany occupied France.
I don't mean to be cruel, but I haven't understood anything he has written.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:04 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
An interesting side note....when the Russians showed up to fight the Japanese at the end of the war they arrived trained with plenty of tanks, artillery etc. and ran into Japanese troops badly out of supply etc.

The casualty numbers were bitterly lopsided if I recall.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
The answer to number 2 is both.

As far as number 3 is concerned, it is one of the great fictions of the war that the German population didn't know what was happening in concentration camps. They may not have known of the extent of the depravity, but they certainly knew about the evil. We helped foster this fiction after the war because we needed the Germans during the Cold War.

The other great fiction, by the way, is that all of the Nazi atrocities were committed by SS troops and that the Wehrmacht wasn't responsible for any. Absolutely untrue.

One of the jokes that went around occupied Germany after the war was that it was a miracle that all of the Nazis had been killed and only those Germans who were opposed to the Nazis survived.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. They did know there were KZ's, but they did not know what was going on there. Hitler made them look like huge prisons.
Let's not forget that being jewish dose not mean anything. They were still Germans after all. Hitler murdered millions of Germans too.
My grandma told me that the Nazis did not let anybody near the KZ's.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:43 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,865,118 times
The russian army that overran the Japanese in 1945 may have been the best equiped, trained, and led Russian force in history. They were fighting Japanese units that had been drained of their best men and most of their equipent to fight the Allies in the 2nd world war. The troops that fought at Iwa Jima for example came from China (I believe the Manchurian garrison although I am not sure(.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History