U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM

22 posts, read 14,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
lol whats funny is that anyone saying that his war was about slavery... never responded to ANYTHING in my post.. Why? Don't have good responses? Abe was a racist... I have a speech out of his own mouth that essentially says that.

There were no responses to any of my points, my only conclusion is that you do not have a response for them, and thus agree with me. I have seen no points that have been made that would prove to me that Lincoln was anything good.
Lincoln was from Kentucky (a southern state) so what does that say about the general populace in the south?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Neither side loved blacks enough. But you cannot deny that the Confederate States', individual states like Louisiana, South Carolina or Georgia had black servicemen serving any purpose in their individual state militias that answered to the Govenors and Confederate commanders. And your conclusion on the SCV, so so SOOOOO very wrong, the SCV has denounced the Klan and Neo-Nazis in the past, and has black members. Gosh, when I'm done with my geneaology I'm possibly going to join it!

Though you never recognised the Jim Crow laws and black codes up north did you?
What were the servicemen getting out of this? Freedom?

If you want to celebrate being a loser then fine by me.

[quote=Coon dog;12448822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noetsi View Post
As Simon and Garfunkle sang: "They killed my brother, because he hated what was wrong." Now they simply rationalize it away.

JIM CROW MOVES NORTH: THE BATTLE OVER NORTHERN SCHOOL SEGREGATION, 1865-1954, by Davison M. Douglas.
"So great was opposition in the antebellum north to the education of blacks that there were bloody and deadly riots by whites who were opposed not just to the integration of public schools, but also to the creation of private, segregated schools for African American children. As a result, for most black children in the north, school was no more an option than it was for those in the south."

JIM CROW MOVES NORTH: THE BATTLE OVER NORTHERN SCHOOL SEGREGATION, 1865-1954

Illinois Negro code:
The Illinois Negro Code : Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture
"Until after the War Between the States, blacks in Illinois could not vote and did not pay the poll tax; could not marry whites; could not keep or bear arms, serve on juries, or testify in court in a case involving a white. Eventually, they were forbidden even to settle in the state"

(Colonization was also the preference of both Henry Clay and Abraham Lincoln.)

What FLAG is this?Hmmmmm???

We all know that the KKK was started in the south and still has a very large stronghold in the south. I'm not sure what your trying to prove here.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:20 PM

177 posts, read 230,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
A post filled with the usual class one has come to expect from you folks. When you're losing an argument, it's always a smart move to resort to personal insults. It's the surest way of knowing that the other guys have reached the desperation stage.

Your kidding? Lost whaaaat?

1. Was Lincoln American's Caesar ?

2. Did State[s] have the right to reassume delegated authority ?

3. What is 'delegated authority' ?

4. Can a Lesser 'delegate authority' to a superior ?

Theeeeeee only topic Y'ALL understand is 'holier than thou' Yankee Marxism!!

Deo Vindice!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 PM

2,377 posts, read 4,752,914 times
This Thread has degenerated into nothing more than a free-for-all of racial and personal attacks. It is closed and there will be no more Threads allowed in this Forum in this manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History