U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2010, 12:37 AM

271 posts, read 610,631 times

Advertisements

I'm always fascinatred by the stories of unexplained (pre-columbian) coins, stones, ruins, writings/inscriptions that have been found here in North America, such as old roman coins, the Kensington stone, Las Lunas stone, etc. Whether legitmate or not, these aritifacts certainly stir thought and debate.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a website that focuses on that kind of information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM

2,377 posts, read 3,501,159 times
Jaybee, here is a neat site on pre-Columbian art
Pre Columbian Art & Architecture - V. Kinds of Art

Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM

271 posts, read 610,631 times
Default Thank you, but...

Trudy,
Thanks for the reference, but what I'm looking for is less "Pre-Columbian" and more "unexplained". I'm looking for a site that focuses on objects that have surfaced in the Americas that originate from non-american civilizations and date before Columbus' voyages. In other words, unexplainable in terms of common "European discovery" (i.e. 1492) beliefs.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM

815 posts, read 849,607 times
But.
....... Well... Here, too it is interesting to me.

Last edited by eloy; 04-29-2010 at 02:57 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM

438 posts, read 291,256 times
There claims on the net but to first be able to discuss any particular claim, we have to know whether it is real or hoax.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 PM

14,141 posts, read 16,486,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Trudy,
Thanks for the reference, but what I'm looking for is less "Pre-Columbian" and more "unexplained". I'm looking for a site that focuses on objects that have surfaced in the Americas that originate from non-american civilizations and date before Columbus' voyages. In other words, unexplainable in terms of common "European discovery" (i.e. 1492) beliefs.
I think you'll find that on bogusartifacts.com.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,384 times
Default pre-columbian explorers in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
I'm always fascinatred by the stories of unexplained (pre-columbian) coins, stones, ruins, writings/inscriptions that have been found here in North America, such as old roman coins, the Kensington stone, Las Lunas stone, etc. Whether legitmate or not, these aritifacts certainly stir thought and debate.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a website that focuses on that kind of information?
You might want to check out [URL="http://www.carvedinstone.us"]www.carvedinstone.us[/URL] It is a fairly recent site, but contains information about a number of pre-columbian sites in North America.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:45 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,593,341 times
All that stuff was planted by pranksters. Some archeologist went out their way to make them appear legitimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History