Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Work with me, please. Monday past i came onto some interesting info, but rather than spout off, I prefer to give you names, and words to search, so I get to see what happens while i also search for more info.

Westford Knight, Glooscap, Sir James Gunn, Prince Henery Sinclair, Newport Tower (Rhode Island I think), Norumbega Tower (Newton Mass),Zeno Map of the North, Boat Stone.

I have no idea what to expect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,865,653 times
I am a researcher (well I have this certificate that says so, if not on history). But before I do research I like to know what its on and why I am doing it

Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Based on the names there, I am guessing that you are referring to the supposed Zeno expedition that reached Nova Scotia / New England in 1398?

Henry Sinclair was a Scottish explorer that supposedly led an expedition for the Zeno brothers (who they called Prince Zichmni in their writings). This exploration reached Nova Scotia in 1398 and supposedly created a settlement in the area as well as exploring large swaths of New England.

Most of the words are linked together and are often cited as evidence:

Sir James Gunn was purported to be a member of the expedition and also a Knight Templar (one of the few remaining underground knights). The Westford Knight is supposed to be a memorial to him and evidence that Euro's were in the "New World" long before Columbus.

The Towers mentioned are two buildings that people theorize were constructed by the Sinclair expedition and are cited as further evidence.

Glooscap is a part of local native legend and means the "man who came from nothing". People theorize that the Glooscap legend refers to Sinclair.

To tie it all together and inject more Templar myth, Roslyn Chapel was built by Sinclairs son and contains pictures and carvings of plants that people claim to be distinctly North American.

It is also theorized that the Sinclair expedition may have carried the Holy Grail and other Templar treasures with them to the New World in order to prevent it from being discovered after the fall of the Templars and destruction of the order.

Overall a really near exercise in pseudo-archeology, but there is very little evidence beyond conjecture that any of it is true.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM

NJGOAT, according to the town's library the year is 1399. Very good work, seemingly you knew of this to be so fast, and articulating in your own words from memory as it appears to me.

I just found this out last Monday, and am in something of a shock. The thing is, I have been there in person now and have seen the caved ledge one on one first hand, and the boat stome which has lost is true meaning, since it was moved in the 30's for a road build project which isn't documented at all... ither than it was a road project somewhere in the area.

Being somewhat nore familar with the Mic Mac, and the way they recorded history verbally I had a slight understanding, from their many points of view in stories told down but always took it as myth, and placed no man in the shoes of their gods.

noetsi, In part had you come to this the way I was seeling, I was hoping the shear shock of such a notion, would engage your mind and make you want the answers I want. Nothing more.

For 20 years or more the clovis point bugs me, since older points of this type have been found here in New England, older than those found in the west of USA.

I wouldn't think these points would be in use in 1399 at all, but I think there could be a tie somewhere in early un-recorded crossings of the Atlantic. This type point is also found on the west cost of Northern Euro.

A main point to me, it that usually errors are made in faking things, and there are none I can see so far. The carvings are correct, the boat is correct. The town library takes this as no hoax, and states this plainly.

I think.... while these people were blown off course far to their west, that they KNEW land fall would occur, and knew it then, and were sure of it. If this is true the only way i can see this be, is that Viking lore made it so.

I am not saying it is true, or that I know, as it hasn't been a week yet that I have been aware... But that with my own eyes I have seen what can not have oucced by nature, and see no reasonable way to find such a carving in stone could have occured in more modern times, with out error. This is a great mystery to me.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 AM

248 posts, read 616,152 times
Yes, I did some excavations in that area and I found five large Demijohns of malt whisky dating back to 1345. All demijohns were empty, it seems that Sir James Gunn was a bad mouthed Templar that loved to be in communion with Shennahee, an ancient celtic deity that needed whisky for communion.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neng View Post
Yes, I did some excavations in that area and I found five large Demijohns of malt whisky dating back to 1345. All demijohns were empty, it seems that Sir James Gunn was a bad mouthed Templar that loved to be in communion with Shennahee, an ancient celtic deity that needed whisky for communion.
Is this a joke? I can't see the grin on your face, or do you really mean it? About the digging?

Is Neng, meaning New England?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History