Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

I like to do ALL of those things, except video games. I played Atari in my 20's though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
You know, I even think adults in their 40's like to do different things than adults in their mid to late 20's.

Teens probably wouldn't mind bar hopping--IF they could get away with it. Bar hopping was never that big for me, but I might go to shoot pool or sing karaoke. I still don't mind doing those things, I just don't seem to get around to doing them.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
[quote=man of mucus;17211827]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post

When i was younger i made a friend who lived in the ghetto, one day I went to his house and met his uncle who was in a gang, my friend told me I had nothing to be afraid of and to this day I havnet been afraid of anything, but you sound misinformed, and scared. of what? murderous gangs terrorizing the streets and homeless people downtown?

RE: Paragraph 2

That is unfair but I still dont have those answers either, as to why they want to demolish the United States, I really dont understand that It was the best system ever...

All I can say is; you need to stop living your life in fear
Gee mucus, I had hoped to get back to you earlier with an apology. It was unkind of me to respond to you in the manner which I did and I'm sorry for doing so.
The Christmas holiday never seems to uplift my spirit, it's a time when I find myself more depressed than usual, perhaps something to do with my past. Please don't
take my snarky reply to heart, it was not meant to be an attack on you but moreso a reflection upon my own problems. I promise to be more respectful of you
(and, of others) as we move along into this new year. I really should revise my personal recipe (or formula), for the homebrewed Egg-Nog, and next year, use real rum
instead of my usual mixture of lacquer thinner and coffin varnish.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:34 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Teens:
-amusement parks-Disneyland, Six Flags, Universal Studios, etc...
-working out
-go the movies
-bowling
-video games
-playing sports in a park
-walking around downtown (getting coffee, looking through book stores, etc.)
-parties

Adults
-bar hopping
-working out
-see a play
-seeing an opera or musical
-going to a winery
-looking through art galleries
-parties

Of course you can have adults doing teen things and teens doing adult things.

One thing I didn't mention is girls like to shop together in a mall and some teens still like to hang out in malls. But I don't see how shopping or hanging out in a shopping is recreational and enjoyable these days.

Usually, towns and cities these days with plenty of cultural scene are the popular cities and towns and ones people want to live in.

Shopping is only enjoyable if you have the money, LOL! As a young adult, I find myself enjoying both adult and teen-like activities.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,106,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Teens:
-amusement parks-Disneyland, Six Flags, Universal Studios, etc...
-working out
-go the movies
-bowling
-video games
-playing sports in a park
-parties

Adults
-bar hopping
-working out
-see a play
-seeing an opera or musical
-going to a winery
-looking through art galleries
-parties

Of course you can have adults doing teen things and teens doing adult things.

One thing I didn't mention is girls like to shop together in a mall and some teens still like to hang out in malls. But I don't see how shopping or hanging out in a shopping is recreational and enjoyable these days.

Usually, towns and cities these days with plenty of cultural scene are the popular cities and towns and ones people want to live in.

Seems more of an "urban/suburban" list of things that teens and adults like to do.
Of all those, movies and working out are the things I tend to do.
Hiking, fishing, shooting, poking around old ruins, spelunking, now that's what I consider a good time.
Sadly, never could get anyone else to go.

"what are we supposed to do there"**in a nasally whiny voice**

Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
That depends on where you are shopping? MEN hangout at gun shows and gun shops....browse, handle, buy, BS etc. etc. Lil' boys hang out at the mall because they aren't 18 or 21 yet! LOL
MAYBE that's YOUR definition. I've seen many men at malls and such. AND many of these "MEN" proved it in combat or everyday lives. Just because every man doesn't hang around gunshows and shops doesn't mean they're not a man

Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
There isn't anything wrong with taking a little stroll in the mall. I'm one of those that you will never know who is armed because it is CC, and doesn't give a rats arse what the sign says. When the fists start flying, breaking stuff in the middle of the aisle between two rival gangs... I'm in the middle of it, while the ninjas are HIDING in the back until it is over with. Guns.... GLOCK G-22 in a Galco pancake....GLOCK G-23 in a Galco SS2 shoulder rig with two extra G-22 high-cap mags. Knives.... Spyderco Police model with 50/50 edge and a Victorinox Swiss Army knife. I'm not skeered!

Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
[quote=man of mucus;17207368]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post

Damn I cant imagine how sad your existence is
Sounds a lot like myself actually and I wouldnt say I have a sad existence. Just because a lot of us choose not to jump up and down singing "Happy Happy Joy Joy" or choosing to be antisocial shouldnt put us into the sorry sad existence category.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Im 39 and I like laying on the couch watching documentaries on TV, kicking back in the recliner listening to classical music, and sitting outside watching the deer and hummingbirds eat.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Im 39 and I like laying on the couch watching documentaries on TV, kicking back in the recliner listening to classical music, and sitting outside watching the deer and hummingbirds eat.
Nice pic BTW Reminds me of one job I was on I was doing security at a site where they were building a new school and one morning as the sun popped up I saw several deer all around me just grazing on the grass [they hadn't dug that section up yet]. I sat there very silent and enjoyed watchiong them up close [had a couple walk up so close I could have reached out and touched them]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation