Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 04:13 AM

91 posts, read 100,141 times

Advertisements

actually Duke Nukem 3D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,515,607 times
Civilizations Call to power was a good one. I also really liked Star Trek Armada.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:22 PM

36 posts, read 74,955 times
Counter Strike
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2

Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,927 times
Pokemon definitly represents a big part of my childhood.. but I aslo used to play age of empires and some sim games

Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,036,499 times
We had an IBM PS2 when I was a teenager. It came with Freddy's Rescue Roundup, which was quite addicting. I have DOS Box on my laptop, so I still play Oregon Trail, Election, Pete Rose Pennant Fever, and other simple games. Sim City (I still have the 3000 version) is probably my all-time favorite.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:55 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,946,190 times
I achieved legendary status at Age of Empires and Counter Strike. While playing Counter Strike, I used to walk sideways all over the place with the sniper rifle and take people out like crazy. They had a hard time hitting me because I was moving left and right instead of straight at them or being still.

Then me and my friends started playing StarCraft. We would get into multiplayer games with strangers where it's 4 or 5 of us against the computer, and when we were about to finish off the computer, my friend and I would turn on the human players we didn't know. It's been a long time, but I remember I always had a million of those blimp things that would go invisible and have a dozen small attack planes come out of them. I would make them visible as soon as they entered the other player's base and attack while they were out attacking the computer. People would get so pissed and either leave the game or die.

I also played the first Diablo for a while, but there was way too much hacking.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:54 PM

338 posts, read 420,264 times
I see numerous mentions of the Sim City series in this thread (and at least one mention of Streets-- thanks!) but I am surprised nobody has mentioned Sim Copter yet. Probably one of the most underappreciated Maxis releases (or flight simulators in general) there is. One of my all-time favourites next to Doom II; I can't even calculate how many years of my teenage life were lost to Copter.

Strictly my own opinion, Sim City 4 (4000?) was completely worthless. I had generated something like 50MB (back when that was considered a huge amount) of SC2000 cities throughout the late '90s/2000s and found them 100% unusable in the SC4 context. Even 3000 Unlimited could at least import them. (If SC 4 did indeed have some sort of import thingy for SC2000 data buried within, that I must have overlooked, please feel free to mention it.)

And with this must-have tool:
ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple...in1.24.0.0.zip

I can still play Oregon Trail:
ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple...sk 1 of 2).dsk
ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple...sk 2 of 2).dsk

and the occasional all-night Word Munchers marathon:
ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple...-64K-1985).DSK

Whatever became of Andy Peperony and Chease, anyways?

Last edited by ratchetjaw; 09-28-2014 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-28-2014, 02:33 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,919,456 times
Galaga. It is the best video game ever invented. I had all top ten scores filled in with my initials a time or two. The great thing is, my city has a vintage video arcade that offers all-you-can-play nights twice a month so I get to play Galaga to my heart's content. The sad thing is, I'm not nearly as good as I used to be

Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 PM

33 posts, read 55,088 times
Contra is one of my child hood memories. i remember playing with a cheat on, 30 lives lol

Old 10-14-2014, 10:39 AM

5,831 posts, read 6,894,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Galaga. It is the best video game ever invented. I had all top ten scores filled in with my initials a time or two. The great thing is, my city has a vintage video arcade that offers all-you-can-play nights twice a month so I get to play Galaga to my heart's content. The sad thing is, I'm not nearly as good as I used to be
There is a Rapid Fire chip that can be installed that (optionally) allows you to shoot nearly continuously, which makes it much easier to achieve a high score. I think it takes a lot of the fun and challenge out of the game.

My favorite early PC game was Jumpan, running on an IBM PCjr with 64k RAM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation